|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barney show his unease about Gemmy?
(a) He refuses to talk to Gemmy.
(b) He carries a shot gun.
(c) He paces his property line.
(d) He yells at Gemmy.
2. How does Ned Corcoran react when he sees an aborigine on his property?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He tries to reason with him.
(c) He runs them off of his property.
(d) He observes him carefully.
3. Which of Jock's neighbors is concerned about having a "white black man" living near him?
(a) George Abbot
(b) Mr. Frazer
(c) Barney Mason
(d) Ned Corcoran
4. How long did Gemmy remain at sea?
(a) Two days
(b) Two months
(c) Two years
(d) Two decades
5. What does George Abbot often study in the afternoons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ned Corcoran's opinion of Gemmy?
2. Who approaches George Abbot one day as he is leaving on his afternoon "retreat"?
3. What does Jock jokingly tell the men that they are afraid of?
4. What does Gemmy do to help the settlers feel more comfortable about his presence?
5. What does Mrs. Hutchence often hire the settlers to do in her home?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)