|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Frazer want to do as a result of his botany work?
(a) Preserve the native ecology
(b) Move into the woods with the aborigines
(c) Return to England
(d) Become a professional botanist
2. How does Andy act when he tells the story of Gemmy's visit with the natives?
3. What happens to Gemmy when he observes the white settlers?
(a) He begins to remember words in English.
(b) He wishes he could be with people like himself.
(c) He longs for England.
(d) He realizes how much better his life is with the natives.
4. Who takes pride in bringing Gemmy to the settlement?
(d) Mr. Frazer
5. What does Mrs. Hutchence often hire the settlers to do in her home?
(a) Decorate her home
(b) Move furniture
(c) Clean her home
(d) Cook food
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Hutchence live in the settlement?
2. How does Abbot react when students answer questions incorrectly?
3. What does the figure from the swamp first do that surprises the children?
4. What does Gemmy eat that reminds him of his childhood in England?
5. Which of the visitors to Mrs. Hutchence's house is most surprising?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)