|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the McIvors is unsettled by Gemmy's presence in the house?
2. How was George treated as a child?
(a) He was abused.
(b) He was pampered.
(c) He was treated fairly.
(d) He was neglected.
3. Why is Janet a mystery to Gemmy?
(a) She lets Lachlan act like he is in charge.
(b) She is not very open.
(c) She does not need everyone to recognize her power.
(d) She is quiet and withdrawn.
4. Why does Lachlan come to live with the McIvors?
(a) His parents want him to have a better life in Australia.
(b) His father is killed.
(c) His mother is killed.
(d) He runs away from home.
5. Which of the following details is NOT true of Gemmy's appearance?
(a) He is wearing very little clothing.
(b) He is scrawny.
(c) He appears to be a native.
(d) He is built like a sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janet see as a barrier in her future?
2. Which of the following describes Lachlan's demeanor when he arrived in Australia?
3. What job does George Abbot hold?
4. Who takes pride in bringing Gemmy to the settlement?
5. What does Gemmy represent for the settlers?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)