|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was George treated as a child?
(a) He was treated fairly.
(b) He was pampered.
(c) He was neglected.
(d) He was abused.
2. Who takes pride in bringing Gemmy to the settlement?
(a) Mr. Frazer
3. What job does George Abbot hold?
4. What are the children afraid of after hearing their parents' stories?
(a) The natives of Queensland
(b) Anyone who is different than them
(c) Wild animals in the forest
5. What is Gemmy's first memory of the island?
(a) Being found by Lachlan
(b) Being rescued by the natives
(c) Stealing food from the natives
(d) Lying on the beach
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janet do to retreat from the frustration in her life?
2. What does the figure from the swamp first do that surprises the children?
3. Where did George want to go to work after finishing school?
4. What do some of the settlers think Gemmy's motive was in moving to the settlement?
5. Why does Gemmy unnerve the settlers?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)