|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Gemmy's personality allows him to avoid the settlers' questions?
(a) His naivete
(b) His lighthearted nature
(c) His lack of language
(d) His ignorant demeanor
2. When does Ellen become fearful of Gemmy?
(a) All the time
(b) At night
(c) When he disappears
(d) When he speaks
3. What does Jock begin appreciating about Ellen in this chapter?
(a) The things she does for their family
(b) Her intelligence
(c) The things she does for Gemmy
(d) Her beauty
4. Why does Jock become disgusted when his neighbors tell him about Gemmy's visit with the natives?
(a) They use racial slurs to refer to Gemmy
(b) They tell him lies about Gemmy
(c) Their tone is accusatory
(d) They blame him for the visit
5. What is Janet's opinion of Australia?
(a) She believes it is dangerous and hostile.
(b) She believes it is beautiful and bountiful.
(c) She believes it is boring and uninteresting.
(d) She believes it is dark and oppressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barney show his unease about Gemmy?
2. Which of Jock's neighbors is concerned about having a "white black man" living near him?
3. Why does Gemmy chose to ignore Andy when he approaches him?
4. Who is the primary focus of George's anger and frustration?
5. Who is not allowed to interact with Gemmy when he is living with the natives?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)