|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lachlan stop protecting Gemmy?
(a) He sees Gemmy can protect himself.
(b) He begins to dislike Gemmy.
(c) He wants to fit in with the other children.
(d) Gemmy moves to Mrs. Hutchence's home.
2. What did the natives give Gemmy when they visited him?
(b) Soil and water
(c) A weapon
(d) A stone
3. Why does Gemmy chose to ignore Andy when he approaches him?
(a) He knows he would not understand his visit with the natives.
(b) He is fearful that Andy will tell Jock about the visit.
(c) He dislikes Andy and rarely speaks to him.
(d) He does not understand what Andy is saying to him.
4. Why does Ellen become kinder to Gemmy in this chapter?
(a) She wants to protect him from the settlers.
(b) She realizes that he is mentally challenged.
(c) She believes his presence has brought her and Jock closer together.
(d) She believes he has suffered enough.
5. How does Janet feel when she hurts Lachlan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lachlan promise Gemmy after his visit to Mrs. Hutchence's?
2. What concerns Jock most about Gemmy?
3. How does Jock feel about his unease with Gemmy's presence in the family's home?
4. When does Ellen become fearful of Gemmy?
5. What does Gemmy do when he discovers that he cannot extinguish the fire in Willett's home?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)