|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English word does Gemmy remember that causes him to have nightmares?
2. What does Mr. Frazer want to do as a result of his botany work?
(a) Return to England
(b) Become a professional botanist
(c) Move into the woods with the aborigines
(d) Preserve the native ecology
3. What does Lachlan promise Gemmy after his visit to Mrs. Hutchence's?
(a) Lachlan promises he will return to visit Gemmy again.
(b) Lachlan promises he will defend Gemmy in the future.
(c) Lachlan promises to restore his friendship with Gemmy.
(d) Lachlan promises he will never let Gemmy be hurt again.
4. Why is Janet a mystery to Gemmy?
(a) She does not need everyone to recognize her power.
(b) She lets Lachlan act like he is in charge.
(c) She is quiet and withdrawn.
(d) She is not very open.
5. Which of the settlers seems to understand and connect with Gemmy the most in this chapter?
(b) Ned Corcoran
(c) Jock McIvor
(d) Mr. Frazer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abbot react when students answer questions incorrectly?
2. What is Gemmy's first memory of the island?
3. Why does Lachlan come to live with the McIvors?
4. Which of the following describes Lachlan's demeanor when he arrived in Australia?
5. What does Gemmy believe will happen if a person ignores someone who only wants attention?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)