|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ned Corcoran react when he sees an aborigine on his property?
(a) He runs them off of his property.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He tries to reason with him.
(d) He observes him carefully.
2. What role do most of the settlers hope the natives will play in their settlement one day?
(a) They will play no role because they will be removed.
(b) They will also live in the settlement.
(c) They will be servants and laborers.
(d) They will be farm workers.
3. How does Gemmy attempt to integrate himself with the natives?
(a) He flirts with the women.
(b) He sits with them around their fires.
(c) He steals their food.
(d) He dresses like them.
4. What fear consumes most of the settlers?
(a) An attack by wild animals
(b) The integration of natives into their community
(c) An attack by the natives
(d) Interracial marriage between settlers and natives
5. Which of the McIvor children does Gemmy feel the greatest connection with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Gemmy recognizes an object from his past life?
2. Which of the McIvors is unsettled by Gemmy's presence in the house?
3. Who is not allowed to interact with Gemmy when he is living with the natives?
4. What is Ned Corcoran's opinion of Gemmy?
5. What aspect of Gemmy's personality allows him to avoid the settlers' questions?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)