|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the primary focus of George's anger and frustration?
(b) His family
(c) Mr. Frazer
(d) His students
2. How does Janet feel when she hurts Lachlan?
3. What happens to Gemmy when he observes the white settlers?
(a) He wishes he could be with people like himself.
(b) He realizes how much better his life is with the natives.
(c) He begins to remember words in English.
(d) He longs for England.
4. How does Gemmy get food once in Queensland?
(a) He hunts for himself.
(b) He helps the natives hunt.
(c) He steals it from the natives.
(d) He steals it from the settlers.
5. What do the Aborigines call the white settlers?
(a) White spirits
(b) Devil people
(c) Evil spirits
(d) Land thieves
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gemmy attempt to integrate himself with the natives?
2. Who does George Abbot forbid from attending school?
3. Who is not allowed to interact with Gemmy when he is living with the natives?
4. What concerns Jock most about Gemmy?
5. What does Gemmy do to ensure that the natives will not desert him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)