|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lachlan do that makes Janet feel insulted?
(a) He constantly talks about Scotland.
(b) He is unkind to her mother.
(c) He constantly talks about Australia.
(d) He criticizes her appearance.
2. What does Janet see as a barrier in her future?
(a) Her gender
(b) Her family
(d) Her age
3. What is Janet's opinion of Australia?
(a) She believes it is boring and uninteresting.
(b) She believes it is dark and oppressive.
(c) She believes it is beautiful and bountiful.
(d) She believes it is dangerous and hostile.
4. What happens to Jock and Ellen's marriage as a result of their conflict with their fellow settlers?
(a) They become closer to each other.
(b) They consider separating.
(c) They become more isolated from each other.
(d) They become angry and depressed.
5. Which of the McIvors helps Mrs. Hutchence with her hobby?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janet feel when the swarm of bees surrounds her unprotected body one day?
2. What does Janet do to retreat from the frustration in her life?
3. What sort of relationship do Lachlan and Janet develop?
4. Where are the deceased McIvor children buried?
5. What does Janet notice one day that seems to open up the world to her?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)