|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jock begin appreciating about Ellen in this chapter?
(a) Her intelligence
(b) Her beauty
(c) The things she does for Gemmy
(d) The things she does for their family
2. What does Lachlan do that makes Janet feel insulted?
(a) He criticizes her appearance.
(b) He is unkind to her mother.
(c) He constantly talks about Australia.
(d) He constantly talks about Scotland.
3. What is Janet's opinion of Australia?
(a) She believes it is dangerous and hostile.
(b) She believes it is beautiful and bountiful.
(c) She believes it is dark and oppressive.
(d) She believes it is boring and uninteresting.
4. What do Jock and Ellen begin talking about for the first time in many years?
(a) Their former life in Scotland
(b) Their two children, Meg and Janet
(c) The deaths of their two children
(d) Gemmy's presence on the farm
5. How would Ellen characterize Jock at this point in the story?
(a) As fearful and distrustful
(b) As closed off and angry
(c) As anxious and overwrough
(d) As tender and open
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jock feel about the changes he sees occurring in his community?
2. How does Mrs. Hutchence remove the bees from Janet when they swarm her?
3. How does Janet feel when the swarm of bees surrounds her unprotected body one day?
4. What does Janet notice one day that seems to open up the world to her?
5. Which of the following describes Lachlan's demeanor when he arrived in Australia?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)