1. Where do the three children find the "dark figure"?
(a) In their backyard
(b) In the ocean
(c) In the woods
(d) In the swamp
2. What do the children think the figure is when they first see it?
(a) A monster
(b) A white person
(c) A black person
(d) A sailor
3. What does Lachlan pretend his stick is?
(a) A tree
(b) A sword
(c) A gun
(d) A leash
4. What does the figure from the swamp first do that surprises the children?
(a) He hugs them.
(b) He speaks to them in English.
(c) He dances around.
(d) He runs away from them.
5. What are the children afraid of after hearing their parents' stories?
(b) Anyone who is different than them
(c) The natives of Queensland
(d) Wild animals in the forest
6. Which of the following details is NOT true of Gemmy's appearance?
(a) He is wearing very little clothing.
(b) He appears to be a native.
(c) He is scrawny.
(d) He is built like a sailor.
This section contains 4,537 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)