1. Where do the three children find the "dark figure"?
(a) In the ocean
(b) In the swamp
(c) In the woods
(d) In their backyard
2. What do the children think the figure is when they first see it?
(a) A white person
(b) A black person
(c) A monster
(d) A sailor
3. What does Lachlan pretend his stick is?
(a) A tree
(b) A leash
(c) A gun
(d) A sword
4. What does the figure from the swamp first do that surprises the children?
(a) He speaks to them in English.
(b) He hugs them.
(c) He runs away from them.
(d) He dances around.
5. What are the children afraid of after hearing their parents' stories?
(a) The natives of Queensland
(c) Anyone who is different than them
(d) Wild animals in the forest
6. Which of the following details is NOT true of Gemmy's appearance?
(a) He is built like a sailor.
(b) He is scrawny.
(c) He is wearing very little clothing.
(d) He appears to be a native.
This section contains 4,537 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)