|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they symbols carved into the hut mean?
(a) Home of the Father.
(b) All Hail the Demon Victor.
(c) Abode of the Unsymmetrical.
(d) Only He Who Lives is He Who Knows.
2. For what unit is Commander Rachlin the Patrol Leader?
(a) SEAL Team Blue Two.
(b) SEAL Team Green Six.
(c) SEAL Team Blue Seven.
(d) SEAL Team Green Four.
3. What model does Pendergast believe the hut follows?
(a) The Japanese Wine Ceremony.
(b) The Japanese Tea Ceremony.
(c) The Japanese Lotus Ceremony.
(d) The Japanese Wedding Ceremony.
4. What was the name of the new drug out on the street, as mentioned in Chapter 35?
5. What happened to the Take Back Our City March when the homeless started mingling with the marchers?
(a) All of the answers are incorrect.
(b) A riot ensued.
(c) The homeless started stealing things from the marchers.
(d) The march broke up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thrown at the officers in Chapter 46?
2. What astonishing theory does Margo come up with about the Mbwun?
3. What is the closest substitute for the plant hormones that the Mbwun craves?
4. How long is the dump of a hundred million gallons of water expected to take?
5. What does Margo do to discover what Greg was doing in the burned out warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Bill Smithback is being used by Anette Wisher as a tool to carry out her own plans? Why do you think so? Cite examples from the text to support your explanation.
2. Why does Pendergast make a second trip into the tunnels?
3. What does the Navy SEALs involvement tell you about the seriousness of the matter?
4. What do you think are Pendergast's true intentions in leaving Margo behind when he, Mephisto, and D'Agosta try to destroy the Wrinklers?
5. What purpose does the scene with the Navy SEALs have?
6. What are the side effects of "glaze"? What might such side effects do to a person's psyche?
7. What does Margo discover in the remains of the laboratory that puts her in a momentary stupor? What does this discovery mean overall?
8. What is the overwhelming feeling you get from the unnamed character in Chapter 34? Does he seem like every megalomaniac created in literature, or is there something different about him?
9. What does Pendergast find in the Crystal Pavilion that causes him alarm? Why do you think these things scare him?
10. Why do you think the creatures abduct the group determined to destroy them instead of killing them like they have everyone else?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)