|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the new drug out on the street, as mentioned in Chapter 35?
2. What is Hayward carrying that feels heavy and bulky?
(a) A tank of oxygen.
(b) Food rations.
(c) A Plexiglass riot shield.
(d) A .45 calibur gun.
3. What power does the shaman believe he harnessed from the lilies?
(b) World dominance.
4. Where does Pendergast tell D'Agosta he must go after the fiasco of Jeffery's interview?
(a) The Devil's Attic.
(b) Camden Yard.
(c) Route 666.
(d) The ruined warehouse.
5. What is the name of the Museum scientist who disappeared in the Amazon ten years earlier?
(a) Jacques Whitesides.
(b) Julian Whittlesey.
(c) James Walker.
(d) Jonathan Weekly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are the valves to be opened at the Water Authority?
2. What weapon does Pendergast prepare before they set the charges in the Bottleneck?
3. What does Mephisto ask Margo to do in the event of his death?
4. What is the name of the sole survivor of the subway massacre?
5. What does Pendergast say would be foolish if he is gone more than 72 hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the symbols Pendergast discovered, which translate to a description of a Japanese tea room, mean to the creatures?
2. What does Pendergast find in the Crystal Pavilion that causes him alarm? Why do you think these things scare him?
3. What purpose might hallucinogenic mushrooms serve in the ceremony that Kawakita established?
4. Why do you think the creatures abduct the group determined to destroy them instead of killing them like they have everyone else?
5. Pendergast seems uninterested in the "patterns" revealed by the data comparisons done by computer. There is one that interests him, however. What is that pattern and how might it prove useful to the investigation?
6. Of what is the subway massacre the first definitive indication? What does this mean to the investigation?
7. Do you think that Bill Smithback is being used by Anette Wisher as a tool to carry out her own plans? Why do you think so? Cite examples from the text to support your explanation.
8. Why might the huge amount of firepower carried by D'Agosta, Pendergast, and Mephisto be ineffective against the creatures?
9. What purpose does the scene with the Navy SEALs have?
10. What do Margo's lab findings on the reovirus seem to indicate? How do these findings translate to the infection of humans?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)