|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Bitterman proclaim August seventh to be?
(a) The BEST day.
(b) Lovers' holiday.
(c) All of the answers are incorrect.
(d) Tanya Schmidt day.
2. What does D'Agosta discover Hayward doing in the storage room?
(a) Stealing office supplies.
(b) Eating doughnuts.
(c) Crying uncontrollably.
3. What is the identity of the deformed skeleton?
(a) Simon Brambell.
(b) Dr. Cavalierei.
(c) Greg Kawakita.
(d) It is never identified.
4. What metaphor is used to describe the Reservoir in Chapter 16?
(a) It was a sheet of beaten gold.
(b) It was a shimmering ribbon of sequins.
(c) It was a slightly curved smile on the face of New York.
(d) It was a mirror of deep reflection.
5. What nickname has Smitback given to Margo in Chapter 15?
(b) Lotus Blossom.
(c) Sweet Pea.
(d) Rose Petal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the powder that the mystery man in Chapter 8 mixes with water?
2. What kind of tests were run on the two skeletons found in the river?
3. What is D'Agosta's theory about the murders in Chapter 20?
4. What does the waiter bring to Margo and Smithback along with their drinks in Chapter 15?
5. What were the killings called that Dr. Frock and Margo solved in the prequel to "Reliquary"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mephisto gives Smithback the nickname "scriblerian," what does he imply?
2. How might Margo's expertise in ethnopharmacology be an example of foreshadowing?
3. What seems to be the reason that the unknown character in Chapter 8 holds the Ceremony?
4. What is the history of Mbwun, and why is it assumed that these killings might relate to the events surrounding this creature?
5. Do you think Chief Horlocker's decision to make sure that the case is given priority because a debutante is based upon social standing, given that homeless men and women have died in the same way for weeks? Why or why not?
6. What is Brambell's theory about what animal is responsible for the teeth marks on Pamela Wisher's bones? How does this change the direction of the investigation?
7. What do you think is the importance of the New York Museum of Natural History to the storyline?
8. Police work seems to involve a lot of political jostling and brown-nosing. How is that concept illustrated in Chapter 11?
9. What does Pendergast reveal about Hayward? How does Hayward feel about this revelation? How does D'Agosta feel about this revelation?
10. Why do you think the author mentions his previous book, "Relic"?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)