|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hormone that turns a caterpillar into a butterfly?
2. What does Margo find in the puddle-like areas on the floor of the burned out warehouse?
(a) Evidence of marijuana.
(b) The remains of a rare Amazonian plant.
(c) Several stolen fossils.
(d) The remains of several extinct fish.
3. What does the shaman call his plan for the evolution of mankind?
(a) Return to World Disorder.
(b) The Holocene Discontinuity.
(c) The Breaking of Australopithecus.
(d) The Completion of Evolution.
4. What does D'Agosta propose as a temporary alternative to attacking the creatures where they live?
(a) A sneak attack in 72 hours after reconnaissance.
(b) Finding an antidote to the drug.
(c) Gassing the tunnels.
(d) A containment effort.
5. Who does Horlocker order his assistant to find in Chapter 38?
(a) Michael Carlin.
(b) Frank Snow.
(c) Jack Miller.
(d) Jack Masters.
6. What happened to Jumbo, P.T. Barnum's elephant?
(a) He was hit by a freight train.
(b) He was killed by an angry mob.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He was strangled with the chain that held him.
7. How does Hayward disarm the group of boys heading for the march?
(a) She draws her weapon.
(b) With karate.
(c) She tells them she will call their mothers.
(d) With threats of being convicted of a felony.
8. For what unit is Commander Rachlin the Patrol Leader?
(a) SEAL Team Green Six.
(b) SEAL Team Green Four.
(c) SEAL Team Blue Two.
(d) SEAL Team Blue Seven.
9. What building do Waxie and Duffy enter before initiating the drainage sequence?
(a) The Central Park Reservoir Gauging Station.
(b) The Central Park Water Resource Station.
(c) The Central Park Reservoir Examination Station.
(d) The Central Park Water Authority Station.
10. What is the blue-foot Psilocybe?
(a) A Russian monkey.
(b) An extinct Amazonian parrot.
(c) A potent hallucinogenic mushroom.
(d) A rare form of goose.
11. What is the closest substitute for the plant hormones that the Mbwun craves?
(a) The thyroid.
(b) Crack cocaine.
(c) Black tar heroin.
(d) The hypothalamus.
12. Why does Waxie call D'Agosta and Hayward to his office in Chapter 30?
(a) He decided to turn the investigation over.
(b) He wants to tell them that he is calling off the investigation.
(c) He believes he captured the killer.
(d) He needs help in his sting operation.
13. What does Donovan tell Snow not to shoot?
14. What do they symbols carved into the hut mean?
(a) Only He Who Lives is He Who Knows.
(b) Abode of the Unsymmetrical.
(c) Home of the Father.
(d) All Hail the Demon Victor.
15. Who catches AW duty for the mission
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margo find growing on the surface of the Central Park Reservoir?
2. What does Pendergast say would be foolish if he is gone more than 72 hours?
3. What is the purpose of the moles' banging on the pipes?
4. What does Frock do when he enters the "war room" in Chapter 40?
5. What does Billy Trumbull do to escape his pursuers?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)