|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hormone that turns a caterpillar into a butterfly?
2. Who is Pamela Wisher's boyfriend?
(a) Jack Masters.
(b) Jim Kolb.
(c) Clarence Kozinsky.
(d) The Viscount Adair.
3. What is the FBI agent on duty in the Armory Division reading?
(a) True Crime.
(d) Soldier of Fortune.
4. Why is it believed the creatures live in the deepest recesses of the tunnel?
(a) They shun light.
(b) The stifling atmosphere reminds them of the Amazon.
(c) All of the answers are incorrect.
(d) They feel at home underground.
5. What supposedly happens when the Mbwun plant is eaten?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) A reovirus injects its host with reptilian DNA.
(c) The fibers contain seeds which implant themselves in the host.
(d) Mammalian DNA is converted to reptilian DNA.
6. What is the name of the experimental herbicide for removing algae from lakes?
7. What does Pendergast say that they can be sure of regarding the creatures?
(a) They are fast.
(b) They are completely malevolent.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They can see in the dark.
8. What does Margo do to discover what Greg was doing in the burned out warehouse?
(a) She gathers his belongings.
(b) She collects samples of ash.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) She sketches the setup.
9. What does Donovan do to "fix up" Snow?
(a) Smears black and green greasepaint on Snow's cheeks and forehead.
(b) Pushes him in the water before he is ready.
(c) Attaches his oxygen tank and filter.
(d) Orders him to turn his wetsuit right side out.
10. What title does Mephisto suggest for his sarcastic jab at Smithback's writing?
(a) The Long Dark Day.
(b) The Mephistiad.
(c) Wrinklers Abound.
(d) He doesn't suggest a title.
11. How long did the Crown Heights riot last a few years before?
(a) A week.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twenty-two hours.
12. What weapon is given to Smithback as the group proceeds to set the charges in the Bottleneck?
13. What does Mephisto ask Margo to do in the event of his death?
(a) Deliver an envelope.
(b) Give his wife a message.
(c) Examine his bones.
(d) Write his biography.
14. What does Margo find in the puddle-like areas on the floor of the burned out warehouse?
(a) Several stolen fossils.
(b) The remains of a rare Amazonian plant.
(c) The remains of several extinct fish.
(d) Evidence of marijuana.
15. What is Frock's reasoning for dismissing Margo's theory about the killings?
(a) He hasn't had a chance to review her scientific analysis.
(b) It is too farfetched.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) It goes directly against evolutionary theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are the valves to be opened at the Water Authority?
2. Where is Pendergast's map?
3. What is the purpose of the moles' banging on the pipes?
4. How does Hayward disarm the group of boys heading for the march?
5. What did Margo discover Greg's lab setup was for?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)