|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astonishing theory does Margo come up with about the Mbwun?
(a) That it was once human.
(b) That it was once close friends with a museum employee.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) That it wasn't a resident of the Amazon.
2. Where is Pendergast's map?
(a) Secured in a waterproof pocket.
(b) Drawn on his hand.
(c) Memorized in his head.
(d) Drawn on the inside of his cammos.
3. Why does Waxie call D'Agosta and Hayward to his office in Chapter 30?
(a) He needs help in his sting operation.
(b) He believes he captured the killer.
(c) He wants to tell them that he is calling off the investigation.
(d) He decided to turn the investigation over.
4. In Chapter 51, where does Mephisto say he was wounded?
(a) In a suicide bombing.
(b) In the Iron Triangle.
(c) In a shootout with the police at Ruby Ridge.
(d) In the behind.
5. What is the purpose of the moles' banging on the pipes?
6. What weapon does Pendergast prepare before they set the charges in the Bottleneck?
(a) Pipe bomb.
(c) .22 calibur gun.
(d) Grenade launcher.
7. What did Margo discover Greg's lab setup was for?
(a) Creating methamphetamine.
(b) Curing cancer.
(c) Synthesizing vitamin D.
(d) Creating a new, potent psychotropic drug.
8. What is Snow doing at 10:15 p.m. in Chapter 52?
(a) Preparing to dive on the helicopter crash.
(b) Painting the storage room.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Filling out paperwork.
9. What is thrown at the officers in Chapter 46?
(a) Buckets of urine.
(c) Dead rats.
10. On what was the Mbwun plant derivative tested?
(a) E. coli bacteria.
(b) Blue-green algae.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Lab mice.
11. What do they symbols carved into the hut mean?
(a) Abode of the Unsymmetrical.
(b) Only He Who Lives is He Who Knows.
(c) Home of the Father.
(d) All Hail the Demon Victor.
12. Who is Jennifer Lake?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) Margo's lab assistant.
(c) D'Agosta's sister.
(d) The museum collection librarian.
13. What happened to Jumbo, P.T. Barnum's elephant?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He was killed by an angry mob.
(c) He was strangled with the chain that held him.
(d) He was hit by a freight train.
14. What happened to the original plant fibers after the Museum Beast was killed?
(a) The CIA confiscated and cultivated them.
(b) The FBI confiscated and destroyed them.
(c) No one knows.
(d) The CDC confiscated and destroyed them.
15. Where is it believed that Kawakita's test subjects now live?
(a) In the sewers.
(b) In different locations.
(c) On the subway line.
(d) In the Astor Tunnels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Agosta propose as a temporary alternative to attacking the creatures where they live?
2. How long is the dump of a hundred million gallons of water expected to take?
3. Margo and D'Agosta come to what conclusion about Greg's motivations in taking the drug himself?
4. What does Margo try to outrun in Chapter 53?
5. What does Pendergast say that they can be sure of regarding the creatures?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)