|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of kit does Pendergast take with him into the tunnels?
(a) A bomb kit.
(b) A gun cleaning kit.
(c) A shaving kit.
(d) A pocket disguise kit.
2. What weapon is given to Smithback as the group proceeds to set the charges in the Bottleneck?
3. What does Billy Trumbull do to escape his pursuers?
(a) Hides beneath the train.
(b) Outruns them.
(c) Shoots them.
(d) Commits suicide.
4. What is the name of the city engineer with whom Pendergast consults?
(a) Al Braxton.
(b) Al Diamond.
(c) Al Tillman.
(d) Al Sharp.
5. What does Margo try to outrun in Chapter 53?
(a) A train.
(b) A creature.
6. What does Margo find in the puddle-like areas on the floor of the burned out warehouse?
(a) The remains of several extinct fish.
(b) Evidence of marijuana.
(c) The remains of a rare Amazonian plant.
(d) Several stolen fossils.
7. Why does Waxie call D'Agosta and Hayward to his office in Chapter 30?
(a) He decided to turn the investigation over.
(b) He wants to tell them that he is calling off the investigation.
(c) He believes he captured the killer.
(d) He needs help in his sting operation.
8. What does Margo do to discover what Greg was doing in the burned out warehouse?
(a) She collects samples of ash.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) She gathers his belongings.
(d) She sketches the setup.
9. Margo and D'Agosta come to what conclusion about Greg's motivations in taking the drug himself?
(a) He wanted to be rich.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He wanted to be famous.
(d) He wanted to live 50 percent longer.
10. What is Frock's theory of who was responsible for the subway massacre?
(a) A sadistic serial killer.
(b) Bonnie and Clyde wannabes.
(c) A gang of youths on a homicidal rampage.
(d) Drug dealers in a war defending their turf.
11. What time is the drainage sequence scheduled for initiation?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 8:45 p.m.
(c) 12:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
12. What is Waxie's suggestion to kill the creatures?
(a) Methane gas.
13. Miller tells his forces to move the moles out like what?
14. What is the name of the sole survivor of the subway massacre?
(a) Billy Trumbull.
(b) Jim Kolb.
(c) Antoinette Rucker.
(d) Alberta Muñoz.
15. On what team are Donovan and Snow?
(a) Team Beta.
(b) Team Alpha.
(c) Team Delta.
(d) Team Gamma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margo do with the charred notebook?
2. What does Margo believe is necessary to release the drug into the ecosystem?
3. Who is the head of the NYPD's Tactical Response Unit?
4. During what event did the creatures abstain from killing?
5. The shaman is soon identified as who?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)