|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the experimental herbicide for removing algae from lakes?
2. What power does the shaman believe he harnessed from the lilies?
(c) World dominance.
3. What does Miller do when caught in the crowd of moles?
(a) Hides in a cubby.
(b) Shoots to kill.
(c) Runs away from protection.
(d) Releases tear gas.
4. What is the closest substitute for the plant hormones that the Mbwun craves?
(a) Black tar heroin.
(b) Crack cocaine.
(c) The thyroid.
(d) The hypothalamus.
5. What are NVDs?
(a) Necro vision devices.
(b) Near velocity devices.
(c) Night vermin detectors.
(d) Night vision devices.
6. What building do Waxie and Duffy enter before initiating the drainage sequence?
(a) The Central Park Water Authority Station.
(b) The Central Park Reservoir Gauging Station.
(c) The Central Park Reservoir Examination Station.
(d) The Central Park Water Resource Station.
7. During what event did the creatures abstain from killing?
(a) Temperatures under 83 degrees.
(b) Full moon.
(d) Solar eclipse.
8. What does Margo believe is necessary to release the drug into the ecosystem?
(a) Airborne spores.
(b) The flight of pollinating insects.
(c) A long, protracted machining process.
(d) Salt water.
9. What happened to Jumbo, P.T. Barnum's elephant?
(a) He was hit by a freight train.
(b) He was strangled with the chain that held him.
(c) He was killed by an angry mob.
(d) He died of old age.
10. What is Snow doing at 10:15 p.m. in Chapter 52?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Preparing to dive on the helicopter crash.
(d) Painting the storage room.
11. The shaman is soon identified as who?
(b) Jack Miller.
(c) Sergeant Hayward.
(d) Dr. Frock.
12. What is the blue-foot Psilocybe?
(a) A Russian monkey.
(b) A potent hallucinogenic mushroom.
(c) A rare form of goose.
(d) An extinct Amazonian parrot.
13. What does Margo try to outrun in Chapter 53?
(a) A train.
(b) A creature.
14. Who is Pamela Wisher's boyfriend?
(a) Clarence Kozinsky.
(b) Jim Kolb.
(c) The Viscount Adair.
(d) Jack Masters.
15. Margo and D'Agosta come to what conclusion about Greg's motivations in taking the drug himself?
(a) He wanted to be famous.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He wanted to live 50 percent longer.
(d) He wanted to be rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margo find growing on the surface of the Central Park Reservoir?
2. The man Hayward rescued in the tunnels is whose son?
3. Where is it believed that Kawakita's test subjects now live?
4. Who is the head of the NYPD's Tactical Response Unit?
5. What is Hayward carrying that feels heavy and bulky?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)