|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donovan tell Snow not to shoot?
2. What does Margo find in the puddle-like areas on the floor of the burned out warehouse?
(a) The remains of several extinct fish.
(b) Evidence of marijuana.
(c) Several stolen fossils.
(d) The remains of a rare Amazonian plant.
3. What weapon does Pendergast prepare before they set the charges in the Bottleneck?
(a) .22 calibur gun.
(b) Grenade launcher.
(c) Pipe bomb.
4. Who is Jennifer Lake?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) The museum collection librarian.
(c) Margo's lab assistant.
(d) D'Agosta's sister.
5. What does Margo find growing on the surface of the Central Park Reservoir?
(a) Protozoan colonies.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Mbwun lilies.
(d) A genetically altered algae.
6. What weapon is given to Smithback as the group proceeds to set the charges in the Bottleneck?
7. What power does the shaman believe he harnessed from the lilies?
(b) World dominance.
8. What does Margo do to discover what Greg was doing in the burned out warehouse?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) She collects samples of ash.
(c) She gathers his belongings.
(d) She sketches the setup.
9. Where is it believed that Kawakita's test subjects now live?
(a) On the subway line.
(b) In different locations.
(c) In the sewers.
(d) In the Astor Tunnels.
10. What do they symbols carved into the hut mean?
(a) All Hail the Demon Victor.
(b) Home of the Father.
(c) Abode of the Unsymmetrical.
(d) Only He Who Lives is He Who Knows.
11. In Chapter 51, where does Mephisto say he was wounded?
(a) In a suicide bombing.
(b) In a shootout with the police at Ruby Ridge.
(c) In the behind.
(d) In the Iron Triangle.
12. Of what does Masters' shout into the bullhorn remind Hayward?
(a) Training camp.
(b) All of the answers are incorrect.
(c) Riot training.
(d) Girl Scout camp.
13. What kind of kit does Pendergast take with him into the tunnels?
(a) A pocket disguise kit.
(b) A shaving kit.
(c) A bomb kit.
(d) A gun cleaning kit.
14. What was the tentative translation of the phrase spoken by the survivor of the subway massacre?
(a) Claws of obsidian.
(b) Knives of flint.
(c) Alligator tail.
(d) Horns of the devil.
15. What model does Pendergast believe the hut follows?
(a) The Japanese Lotus Ceremony.
(b) The Japanese Wedding Ceremony.
(c) The Japanese Wine Ceremony.
(d) The Japanese Tea Ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thrown at the officers in Chapter 46?
2. What does Margo believe is necessary to release the drug into the ecosystem?
3. How does Hayward disarm the group of boys heading for the march?
4. On what team are Donovan and Snow?
5. Where does Pendergast tell D'Agosta he must go after the fiasco of Jeffery's interview?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)