|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which floor does Mrs. Wisher live?
(a) Eighteenth floor.
(b) Second floor.
(c) Eleventh floor.
(d) Twentieth floor.
2. Which character had a crush on Smithback?
3. What odor does Smithback detect when following his informant into the small hole?
(a) Wood smoke.
(c) Raw sewage.
(d) Brick dust.
4. What is another name given to the homeless population in the tunnels?
5. What is the nickname given for the administrator of the Physical Anthropology lab?
6. What program did Greg develop that were key in identifying and stopping Mbwun?
(a) MTHFR genetic anomoly.
(b) DNA sequencing.
(c) Genetic extrapolation.
(d) The skip-sequence-skip program.
7. Where do Smithback and Margo have drinks after he runs into her while she is jogging?
(a) Café des Artistes.
(b) The Rainbow Room.
(c) Four Seasons.
(d) Hard Rock Cafe.
8. In what year was Linnaeus Hall constructed?
9. What shocking news does Frock give Margo in Chapter 22?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That both of the river skeletons had been stolen.
(c) That Brambell was murdered the night before.
(d) That Margo's position at the Museum is in danger.
10. What was the Tower modeled after?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The Welsh castle of Caernarvon.
(d) The Tower of London.
11. Whose body was found in the basement of the brownstone?
(a) Curly Braddock.
(b) Hank Jasper.
(c) Greg Kawakita.
12. What do Nick and Tanya do with their champagne glasses once they are empty?
(a) They throw them into the pond.
(b) They refill them.
(c) The wrap them carefully for future celebrations.
(d) They smash them on the stones.
13. How are Pendergast and D'Agosta dressed in Chapter 23, as they make their way toward the tunnels?
(a) As homeless men.
(b) As police officers.
(c) As doctors.
(d) As normal citizens.
14. What business with Mephisto does Pendergast tell the squatters he has?
(d) Money laundering.
15. Where is the Pitti Palace located?
(a) New York City.
(c) Florence, Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many homeless people have allegedly been murdered in the tunnels in the last four months?
2. What is the translation given in the book of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri"?
3. What is blastomycosis?
4. What color is the powder that the mystery man in Chapter 8 mixes with water?
5. What is the name of the curator for the New York Museum of Natural History?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)