|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Linnaeus Hall constructed?
2. Who requests a meeting with D'Agosta in Chapter 7?
(a) Sergeant Hayward.
(b) Bill Smithback.
3. What business with Mephisto does Pendergast tell the squatters he has?
(b) Money laundering.
4. What is the name for the crime reporter for the Times?
(a) Marion Ross.
(b) Bob Wisher.
(c) Bill Smithback.
(d) Bryce Harriman.
5. Who is Hayward's boss?
6. What is the Devil's Attic?
(a) The highest level of the tunnels.
(b) The area occupied only by murderers.
(c) The lowest level of the city.
(d) The place where the tunnel inhabitants bury their dead.
7. What dignitary shows up at Mrs. Wisher's rally?
(a) The senator of New York
(b) The governor of New York.
(c) The mayor of New York.
(d) The president.
8. Why is Nick Bitterman going to Belveder Castle?
(a) To attend a business meeting.
(b) To propose.
(c) To have lunch.
(d) To meet his wife.
9. What is the Pitti Palace?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) Home of Augustian royalty.
(d) A dance club.
10. Where does Smithbeck's informant ask to meet him?
(a) The airport baggage claim area.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) A Penn Station bathroom.
(d) The police station.
11. Where is the Pitti Palace located?
(a) New York City.
(c) Florence, Italy.
12. What does Mephisto call rats?
(b) The other white meat.
(c) Track rabbits.
13. What is the name of New York City's assistant medical examiner?
(a) Whitney Cadwalader Frock.
(b) Louie Padelsky.
(c) Olivia Meriam.
(d) Margo Green.
14. What was the conclusion made by the medical examiner after examining the teeth marks on the bones of the victims?
(a) They were not teeth marks.
(b) They were most likely made by humans.
(c) The were made by rats.
(d) They were made by Mbwun.
15. What is the name of the curator for the New York Museum of Natural History?
(a) Simon Brambell.
(b) Margo Green.
(c) Olivia Meriam.
(d) Bill Smithback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the pair of athletic socks found at the site of the first homeless murder?
2. What does the trio find in the cubby where the second headless body was found?
3. What piece of literature does Mephisto tell Smithback to read before they meet again?
4. What does Mephisto call the territory below Central Park?
5. What or who are Pendergast and D'Agosta looking for in the tunnels in Chapter 22?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)