|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pendergast's place of residence called?
(a) The Dakota.
(b) Home Sweet Home.
(c) Main Street.
(d) The Berkshire.
2. Where is the Pitti Palace located?
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) New York City.
3. What is the name of the curator for the New York Museum of Natural History?
(a) Margo Green.
(b) Olivia Meriam.
(c) Simon Brambell.
(d) Bill Smithback.
4. What is a Stumpiniceps troglodytes?
(a) An oceanic bottom-feeder of the Carboniferous period.
(b) A small, odoriferous reptile of the Cretaceous period.
(c) A rodent, much like a mouse, from the Carboniferous period.
(d) A tree-dwelling serpent from the Triassic period.
5. What label did Smithback give Pamela Wisher?
(a) Angel of Central Park South.
(b) Angel without Wings.
(c) Angel of the Hudson.
(d) Angel of the Morning.
6. What dignitary shows up at Mrs. Wisher's rally?
(a) The president.
(b) The mayor of New York.
(c) The governor of New York.
(d) The senator of New York
7. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
(a) Neat as a pin.
(d) A shroud.
8. What is the name of the theory presented by Dr. Frock?
(a) Frockian evolution.
(b) Creationist evolution.
(c) Fractal evolution.
(d) Disparate evolution.
9. What exhibition was opening at the Museum eighteen months before the current murders took place?
(b) Hall of Africa.
(c) Life Under the Ocean.
(d) The Evolution of Piltdown man.
10. What is the name of the librarian at the New York Historical Society?
11. Why does Margo visit the 27th Precinct House in Chapter 19?
(a) To find D'Agosta.
(b) To speak with the Chief.
(c) For target practice.
(d) To report her purse stolen.
12. What does the trio find in the cubby where the second headless body was found?
(a) A cryptic note.
(b) An old coin.
(c) A head.
(d) A rat's nest.
13. What metaphor is used to describe the Reservoir in Chapter 16?
(a) It was a mirror of deep reflection.
(b) It was a shimmering ribbon of sequins.
(c) It was a slightly curved smile on the face of New York.
(d) It was a sheet of beaten gold.
14. How are Pendergast and D'Agosta dressed in Chapter 23, as they make their way toward the tunnels?
(a) As homeless men.
(b) As doctors.
(c) As normal citizens.
(d) As police officers.
15. Where does Smithbeck's informant ask to meet him?
(a) The police station.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) A Penn Station bathroom.
(d) The airport baggage claim area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police believe caused the marks found on Pamela's skeleton?
2. What is the nickname given for the administrator of the Physical Anthropology lab?
3. What piece of literature does Mephisto tell Smithback to read before they meet again?
4. What is the average number of murders a day in the past year in New York as mentioned in Chapter 14?
5. What nickname has Smitback given to Margo in Chapter 15?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)