|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephisto call rats?
(a) Track rabbits.
(b) The other white meat.
2. What is the name of the administrator of the Physical Anthropology lab?
(a) Sy Hagedorn.
(b) Greg Kawakita.
(c) Margo Green.
(d) Emmaline Spragg.
3. What stench does D'Agosta try to dilute with the plume of smoke?
(a) Bad wine.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Rancid urine.
(d) Unwashed human bodies.
4. What is the name of the bridge in Chapter 1?
(a) Breston Bay Bridge.
(b) Humboldt Rail Bridge.
(c) Striker Bridge.
(d) Hanging River Bridge.
5. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
(a) Neat as a pin.
(d) A shroud.
6. What do Nick and Tanya do with their champagne glasses once they are empty?
(a) They smash them on the stones.
(b) The wrap them carefully for future celebrations.
(c) They refill them.
(d) They throw them into the pond.
7. What does "DISH" stand for in the discussion between Frock, D'Agosta, and Brambell?
(a) Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.
(b) Dramatically idiotic superstitious hyperstasis.
(c) Dinucleated insular subskeletal herniation.
(d) Diachroic isopeptide saccharin heliobore.
8. What or who are Pendergast and D'Agosta looking for in the tunnels in Chapter 22?
(a) A translation of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri".
(b) The murderer or murderers.
(d) The latest victim's head.
9. What do the police believe caused the marks found on Pamela's skeleton?
(a) A saw.
(c) A knife.
10. In Chapter 11, who leads the group through the tunnel?
(d) All of the answers are incorrect.
11. What is a Stumpiniceps troglodytes?
(a) A rodent, much like a mouse, from the Carboniferous period.
(b) A small, odoriferous reptile of the Cretaceous period.
(c) An oceanic bottom-feeder of the Carboniferous period.
(d) A tree-dwelling serpent from the Triassic period.
12. What is another name given to the homeless population in the tunnels?
13. What kind of biologist is Margo?
14. What does Hayward tell Waxie and D'Agosta to watch for in the lower level?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) That they don't get piped.
(c) That they don't step in feces.
(d) That they avoid the third rail.
15. What were the killings called that Dr. Frock and Margo solved in the prequel to "Reliquary"?
(a) The Eyebrow Creature Killings.
(b) The Metropolitan Murders.
(c) Route 666 Killings.
(d) Museum Beast Killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waterway in which Snow goes on his first dive?
2. How many people are in Linnaeus Hall for the presentation of the evidence gleaned from the Bitterman autopsy?
3. What title does the disembodied voice in the tunnel give Smithback?
4. Which two characters in Chapter 12 detest each other?
5. What is the name of the curator for the New York Museum of Natural History?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)