|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Margo begun to carry in her purse?
(c) An emergency credit card.
(d) A pistol.
2. What is the name of the bridge in Chapter 1?
(a) Humboldt Rail Bridge.
(b) Breston Bay Bridge.
(c) Striker Bridge.
(d) Hanging River Bridge.
3. What is the name of the librarian at the New York Historical Society?
4. What is the name of the theory presented by Dr. Frock?
(a) Frockian evolution.
(b) Fractal evolution.
(c) Disparate evolution.
(d) Creationist evolution.
5. What is the ever-present threat in the tunnels?
(a) Mentally ill inhabitants.
(b) Rabid dogs.
(d) The third rail.
6. What is blastomycosis?
(a) A rare cancer.
(b) A stage in the growth of a zygote.
(c) A fungal infection.
(d) An explosion of broken glass.
7. What is the name for the crime reporter for the Times?
(a) Bob Wisher.
(b) Bill Smithback.
(c) Bryce Harriman.
(d) Marion Ross.
8. What kind of biologist is Margo?
9. Smithback's informant insists that Smtihback must meet whom?
(a) Tail Gunner.
(b) Arnold Murray.
10. What was the Tower modeled after?
(a) The Welsh castle of Caernarvon.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) All answers are correct.
11. In what year was Linnaeus Hall constructed?
12. What nickname has Smitback given to Margo in Chapter 15?
(a) Rose Petal.
(b) Sweet Pea.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
13. What confidential piece of information does Smithback reveal to Margo that he knows about the two bodies from the river?
(a) There were teeth marks on the bones.
(b) All of the answers are incorrect.
(c) The skeletons are both female.
(d) One of the bodies is her cousin.
14. In Chapter 11, who leads the group through the tunnel?
(a) All of the answers are incorrect.
15. What is the working theory about the second skeleton found in the waterway?
(a) It is the Missing Link.
(b) It is a Native American burial site.
(c) It is an animal.
(d) It is not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label did Smithback give Pamela Wisher?
2. What was the conclusion made by the medical examiner after examining the teeth marks on the bones of the victims?
3. What is Snow preparing to do at the opening of Chapter 1?
4. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
5. Where does Smithbeck's informant ask to meet him?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)