|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news does Frock give Margo in Chapter 22?
(a) That both of the river skeletons had been stolen.
(b) That Margo's position at the Museum is in danger.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That Brambell was murdered the night before.
2. Who is Hayward's boss?
3. What has Margo begun to carry in her purse?
(a) A pistol.
(c) An emergency credit card.
4. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
(a) Neat as a pin.
(b) A shroud.
5. Who requests a meeting with D'Agosta in Chapter 7?
(a) Sergeant Hayward.
(c) Bill Smithback.
6. In what year was Linnaeus Hall constructed?
7. What does "DISH" stand for in the discussion between Frock, D'Agosta, and Brambell?
(a) Dinucleated insular subskeletal herniation.
(b) Diachroic isopeptide saccharin heliobore.
(c) Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.
(d) Dramatically idiotic superstitious hyperstasis.
8. What is another name given to the homeless population in the tunnels?
9. What kind of biologist is Margo?
10. On which floor does Mrs. Wisher live?
(a) Twentieth floor.
(b) Second floor.
(c) Eleventh floor.
(d) Eighteenth floor.
11. What stench does D'Agosta try to dilute with the plume of smoke?
(a) Unwashed human bodies.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Rancid urine.
(d) Bad wine.
12. What is the name of the administrator of the Physical Anthropology lab?
(a) Emmaline Spragg.
(b) Margo Green.
(c) Sy Hagedorn.
(d) Greg Kawakita.
13. How many homeless people have allegedly been murdered in the tunnels in the last four months?
14. Whose body was found in the basement of the brownstone?
(a) Curly Braddock.
(b) Hank Jasper.
(c) Greg Kawakita.
15. What metaphor is used to describe the Reservoir in Chapter 16?
(a) It was a shimmering ribbon of sequins.
(b) It was a mirror of deep reflection.
(c) It was a slightly curved smile on the face of New York.
(d) It was a sheet of beaten gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the book begin?
2. What dignitary shows up at Mrs. Wisher's rally?
3. Where does Smithbeck's informant ask to meet him?
4. What is the translation given in the book of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri"?
5. Which two characters in Chapter 12 detest each other?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)