|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who are Pendergast and D'Agosta looking for in the tunnels in Chapter 22?
(b) A translation of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri".
(c) The latest victim's head.
(d) The murderer or murderers.
2. What does Mephisto call the territory below Central Park?
(a) Route 666.
(b) Ho Chi Minh trail.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The Blockhouse.
3. In Chapter 11, who leads the group through the tunnel?
(b) All of the answers are incorrect.
4. What label did Smithback give Pamela Wisher?
(a) Angel without Wings.
(b) Angel of the Hudson.
(c) Angel of Central Park South.
(d) Angel of the Morning.
5. What does Mephisto call rats?
(b) The other white meat.
(d) Track rabbits.
6. What does the frieze in Linnaeus Hall represent?
(b) The world's extinct species.
(c) Man's inhumanity to man.
(d) God's creation of the world and mankind.
7. What program did Greg develop that were key in identifying and stopping Mbwun?
(a) DNA sequencing.
(b) MTHFR genetic anomoly.
(c) The skip-sequence-skip program.
(d) Genetic extrapolation.
8. What has Margo begun to carry in her purse?
(a) A pistol.
(c) An emergency credit card.
9. What is Snow preparing to do at the opening of Chapter 1?
10. Who requests a meeting with D'Agosta in Chapter 7?
(b) Bill Smithback.
(c) Sergeant Hayward.
11. What business with Mephisto does Pendergast tell the squatters he has?
(b) Money laundering.
12. Where did Pamela expect to begin working?
(a) At an AIDS hospice.
(b) At a DNA laboratory.
(c) With her mother's company.
(d) For a local newspaper.
13. What was the Tower modeled after?
(a) The Welsh castle of Caernarvon.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
14. Where do Smithback and Margo have drinks after he runs into her while she is jogging?
(a) Four Seasons.
(b) Café des Artistes.
(c) The Rainbow Room.
(d) Hard Rock Cafe.
15. How are Pendergast and D'Agosta dressed in Chapter 23, as they make their way toward the tunnels?
(a) As police officers.
(b) As normal citizens.
(c) As doctors.
(d) As homeless men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation given in the book of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri"?
2. What shocking news does Frock give Margo in Chapter 22?
3. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
4. What does Nick Bitterman proclaim August seventh to be?
5. What stench does D'Agosta try to dilute with the plume of smoke?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)