|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is D'Agosta's theory about the murders in Chapter 20?
(a) That the murders are the work of a serial killer.
(b) That a cult might be committing the murders.
(c) That the deaths aren't linked at all.
(d) That the murders are definitely attributable to the homeless population.
2. What metaphor is used to describe the Reservoir in Chapter 16?
(a) It was a slightly curved smile on the face of New York.
(b) It was a mirror of deep reflection.
(c) It was a sheet of beaten gold.
(d) It was a shimmering ribbon of sequins.
3. Where did Pamela expect to begin working?
(a) For a local newspaper.
(b) At an AIDS hospice.
(c) With her mother's company.
(d) At a DNA laboratory.
4. What stench does D'Agosta try to dilute with the plume of smoke?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Unwashed human bodies.
(c) Rancid urine.
(d) Bad wine.
5. What is the name of the theory presented by Dr. Frock?
(a) Disparate evolution.
(b) Fractal evolution.
(c) Creationist evolution.
(d) Frockian evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which floor does Mrs. Wisher live?
2. What is the identity of the deformed skeleton?
3. What is the average number of murders a day in the past year in New York as mentioned in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the waterway in which Snow goes on his first dive?
5. What is the working theory about the second skeleton found in the waterway?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)