|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Bitterman proclaim August seventh to be?
(a) Tanya Schmidt day.
(b) The BEST day.
(c) Lovers' holiday.
(d) All of the answers are incorrect.
2. Where did Pamela expect to begin working?
(a) For a local newspaper.
(b) With her mother's company.
(c) At a DNA laboratory.
(d) At an AIDS hospice.
3. What odor does Smithback detect when following his informant into the small hole?
(a) Raw sewage.
(c) Brick dust.
(d) Wood smoke.
4. To what does D'Agosta compare the Chief's office?
(a) A gaudy harem den.
(b) A suburban steakhouse trying to go upscale.
(c) A public secretary's office.
(d) The Oval Office.
5. What is blastomycosis?
(a) A stage in the growth of a zygote.
(b) A fungal infection.
(c) A rare cancer.
(d) An explosion of broken glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Snow preparing to do at the opening of Chapter 1?
2. What is the average number of murders a day in the past year in New York as mentioned in Chapter 14?
3. To what type of philosophy is the following phrase attributed? "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
4. What is the working theory about the second skeleton found in the waterway?
5. How much is the reward for information into the murders?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)