|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "DISH" stand for in the discussion between Frock, D'Agosta, and Brambell?
(a) Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.
(b) Diachroic isopeptide saccharin heliobore.
(c) Dinucleated insular subskeletal herniation.
(d) Dramatically idiotic superstitious hyperstasis.
2. What does Nick Bitterman proclaim August seventh to be?
(a) Tanya Schmidt day.
(b) Lovers' holiday.
(c) The BEST day.
(d) All of the answers are incorrect.
3. What odor does Smithback detect when following his informant into the small hole?
(a) Wood smoke.
(c) Raw sewage.
(d) Brick dust.
4. What is the name of the administrator of the Physical Anthropology lab?
(a) Sy Hagedorn.
(b) Margo Green.
(c) Greg Kawakita.
(d) Emmaline Spragg.
5. What piece of literature does Mephisto tell Smithback to read before they meet again?
(a) A Poet's Maze.
(b) Flowers for Algernon.
(c) Beyond Ragoon.
(d) The Dunciad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nick and Tanya do with their champagne glasses once they are empty?
2. What is Snow looking for after a police shootout?
3. Where did Pamela expect to begin working?
4. What metaphor is used to describe the Reservoir in Chapter 16?
5. What is the name of New York City's assistant medical examiner?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)