|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapers 40 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pool secretary describe the clothing that Smithback's informant was wearing?
(c) A shroud.
(d) Neat as a pin.
2. What odor does Smithback detect when following his informant into the small hole?
(a) Brick dust.
(b) Wood smoke.
(d) Raw sewage.
3. What time are the valves to be opened at the Water Authority?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
4. What is Hayward carrying that feels heavy and bulky?
(a) A tank of oxygen.
(b) Food rations.
(c) A .45 calibur gun.
(d) A Plexiglass riot shield.
5. What is the translation given in the book of the phrase "Cui ci sono dei monstri"?
(a) Believe in monsters.
(b) Save me from the monsters.
(c) There are always monsters.
(d) Here there be monsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of literature does Mephisto tell Smithback to read before they meet again?
2. How much is the reward for information into the murders?
3. What does Margo find growing on the surface of the Central Park Reservoir?
4. What time is the drainage sequence scheduled for initiation?
5. What is thrown at the officers in Chapter 46?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)