Chapters 1 through 6
• The New York Police Scuba squad is entering the Cloaca Maxima waterway with its newest member, Snow.
• The group is searching for a large brick of heroin tossed from a bridge during a police shootout.
• Snow fails to find the heroin, but does encounter two skeletons, which he helps recover. Both skeletons are missing their heads.
• Lieutenant Vincent D'Agosta becomes more interested in finding the heads since the heroin has already been recovered.
• Dr. Louie Padelsky is New York City's assistant medical examiner. He identifies the first body as Pamela Wisher, a local debutante. The second body presents a more compelling find.
• Dr. Padelsky contacts Margo Green, the assistant curator for the New York Museum of Natural History.
• Margo is contacted by D'Agosta, who requests her presence in the Forensic Anthropology Lab where she is met by NYC Medical Examiner, Dr. Simon Brambell and the museum...
This section contains 1,915 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)