|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
2. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
3. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
4. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
5. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1A sense of place is very much a part of _The Red Pony_. In a well-structured essay, discuss at least three ways that the setting of _The Red Pony_ plays into the novel in a way that another, different setting could not have done.
Essay Topic 2Write an argument paper discussing who is responsible for Gabilan's death. Make sure to use quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3Foreshadowing is very much a part of _The Red Pony_. Choose three instances of foreshadowing from anywhere in the text and discuss what each instance will come to mean.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)