|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
2. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
3. Where does everyone sit after dinner when Grandfather is first visiting?
4. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
5. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jody spends a lot of time alone on the ranch. Choosing three specific instances where Jody is spending time alone, discuss what each instance shows the reader about Jody's personality (through what Jody chooses to do -- or not to do -- while spending time with himself).
Essay Topic 2
While Jody never actually goes to visit the mountains within the novel, they play a key role in the text. Choose three instances where the mountains are discussed and how, in each instance, they play a role within the story (plot development, character development, etc.).
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is very much a part of _The Red Pony_. Choose three instances of foreshadowing from anywhere in the text and discuss what each instance will come to mean.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)