|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(a) Billy Buck.
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Jess Taylor.
2. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
(a) Having her get married.
(b) Meeting his wife.
(c) Crossing the plains.
(d) Serving in the Spanish War.
3. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) A catalog and a newspaper.
(d) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
5. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Nearly a year.
(b) One week.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jody spend most of his time during January?
2. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
3. Who is Nellie?
4. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
5. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)