|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
(a) The she only thinks she is pregnant but really isn't.
(b) That she has gone crazy.
(c) That she is comforted by Jody only.
(d) That she has "turned nice."
2. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Because Grandfather is drunk all of the time.
(c) Because Grandfather is filling Jody's head with stories.
(d) Because he has had it with Grandfather's crazy stories.
3. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
(a) He just appears.
(b) By letter.
(c) By telegram.
(d) Through word of mouth passed along by the neighbors.
4. What month is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
(a) She knows Jody likes to play jokes on her.
(b) She thinks Jody is going to put something in it before giving it to Grandfather.
(c) She knows her father never accepts drinks unless it's mealtime.
(d) She thinks he secretly wants one for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl react to finding Jody sneaking back into bed after checking on Nellie in the middle of the night?
2. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
3. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
4. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
5. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)