|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
(c) His time in Spain.
2. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) Iced tea.
(b) Ice water.
(c) A brandy.
3. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He cuts open Nellie.
(b) He helps Nellie give birth.
(c) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
(d) He reaches in and grabs it.
4. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
(a) Because Grandfather is drunk all of the time.
(b) Because he has had it with Grandfather's crazy stories.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) Because Grandfather is filling Jody's head with stories.
5. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To try to wake up and start over again.
(b) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
(c) To remember that dreams aren't real.
(d) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
2. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
3. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
4. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
5. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)