|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Being in bad weather.
(b) Moving around.
(c) Staying in the same location all the time.
(d) Being idle.
2. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) A catalog and a newspaper.
(d) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
3. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
(a) She falls and breaks her head.
(b) He never takes her anywhere, so nothing happens.
(c) She breaks free from Jody's rope.
(d) She spooks and runs off into the mountains.
5. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) He can feel the colt inside.
(b) Nellie is too big for a regular pregnant horse.
(c) Nellie is acting funny.
(d) He had a dream about something being wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
2. What does Carl tell Grandfather in front of everyone about what Grandfather has overheard?
3. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
4. How does Jody plan on getting rid of the animals that are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
5. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)