|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
(a) Taken his hat off.
(b) Washed his clothes.
(c) Gotten a haircut.
(d) Shaved mid-week.
2. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
(a) That he needs to relax -- a lot.
(b) That he has done a good job.
(c) That he needs to not be so attached to the horse.
(d) That he needs to focus on school more and horses less.
3. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
(a) She has run out of the barn.
(b) She is incredibly hungry.
(c) She is having spasms.
(d) She won't let anyone near her.
4. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
(c) His time in Spain.
5. What does Grandfather overhear in the Tiflin kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) Mrs. Tiflin talking about his failing memory.
(b) Jody saying that he smells like an old man.
(c) Billy saying that he has lost his respect for him.
(d) Carl complaining about his endless storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
2. Whose ranch has Jody been told to take Nellie to?
3. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
4. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
5. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)