|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
(a) She won't let anyone near her.
(b) She is having spasms.
(c) She has run out of the barn.
(d) She is incredibly hungry.
2. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
(a) Kill the mice in the haystack.
(b) Wake up early to make sure he's around when his grandfather wakes up.
(c) Wake up early and bring his grandfather breakfast in bed.
(d) Wake up early and go through his grandfather's stuff.
3. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
(a) He was responsible for rationing water.
(b) He was a hunter.
(c) He was a leader of sorts.
(d) He was a horseman.
4. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(b) He just worries about everything anyway.
(c) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
(d) She is acting very strangely.
5. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
(a) That he needs to not be so attached to the horse.
(b) That he needs to relax -- a lot.
(c) That he needs to focus on school more and horses less.
(d) That he has done a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
2. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
3. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
4. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
5. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)