|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
(b) Two pieces of pie.
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) A huge turkey dinner.
2. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) To see how much she would get at auction.
(b) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
(c) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
(d) To breed her.
3. Why does Grandfather think Jody wants to listen to his stories so much?
(a) Because he is trying to get his dad mad again.
(b) Because he is just patronizing him.
(c) Because he is trying to be respectful.
(d) Because he is still a boy.
4. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) He can feel the colt inside.
(b) He had a dream about something being wrong.
(c) Nellie is acting funny.
(d) Nellie is too big for a regular pregnant horse.
5. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
2. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
3. How does Billy free the colt once it is born?
4. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
5. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)