|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does everyone sit after dinner when Grandfather is first visiting?
(a) In front of the fireplace.
(b) In Jody's room to help him fall asleep.
(c) Outside on the porch.
(d) In a very old tree on the property.
2. Who is Riley?
(a) The Tiflin's big boar.
(b) Jody's friend at school.
(c) The Tiflin's pet cat.
(d) Jody's pet snake.
3. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A very loud noise from outside.
(b) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
(c) A small fire in the kitchen.
(d) A neighbor's cry for help.
4. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
(a) His bad grades at school.
(b) The horse sickness that is going through the town.
(c) Their financial troubles.
(d) The death of his red pony.
5. Who answers most of Jody's questions about the colt that is supposed to be coming?
(a) Billy Buck.
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Jess Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
2. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
3. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
4. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
5. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)