|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(a) Get help from the neighbors.
(b) Turn the colt around inside.
(d) Drug Nellie.
2. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
3. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A very loud noise from outside.
(b) A small fire in the kitchen.
(c) A neighbor's cry for help.
(d) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
4. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin crying at the end of the novel?
(a) She wants Jody to stay a little boy forever.
(b) She is sad about her father's death.
(c) She isn't.
(d) She is tired of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
2. What topic does Grandfather bring up during his first dinner at the Tiflin ranch?
3. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
4. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Nellie?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)