|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
(a) Taken his hat off.
(b) Washed his clothes.
(c) Gotten a haircut.
(d) Shaved mid-week.
2. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
(c) Out on the road.
(d) At the bus station.
3. What role does Mrs. Tiflin play in the horse's birth?
(a) She helps comfort Jody.
(b) She helps comfort the newborn calf.
(c) None; she is sleeping.
(d) She helps comfort Nellie.
4. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
(a) His time in Spain.
5. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
(a) About six inches.
(b) About one inch.
(c) Nearly a foot!
(d) Not very much at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
2. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
3. Where does everyone sit after dinner when Grandfather is first visiting?
4. How does Grandfather react to what he overhears in the kitchen the morning after he arrives?
5. What makes Jody excited about seeing the mailbox when Chapter 3 opens?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)