|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Moving around.
(b) Being idle.
(c) Being in bad weather.
(d) Staying in the same location all the time.
2. How do the other horses react when Nellie is supposedly giving birth?
(a) They become very quiet.
(b) They are clueless.
(c) They all break free and start running around the ranch.
(d) They are very aware of what is going on and are agitated.
3. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
(a) He doesn't want to name something that has died.
(b) We never find out.
(c) There is no colt for him to name.
(d) Jody, Jr.
4. Who is Nellie?
(a) Jody's schoolteacher.
(b) A neighbor's horse.
(c) A female horse on the Tiflin ranch.
(d) Jody's cousin.
5. What does Carl tell Grandfather in front of everyone about what Grandfather has overheard?
(a) "Ruth didn't mean it."
(b) "Billy didn't mean it."
(c) "Jody didn't mean it."
(d) "I didn't mean it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
2. Who is Mule-tail Buck?
3. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
4. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)