|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) Because he is thirsty.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Because he sees Jody's face and wants to be polite.
(d) Because Jody offers him his favorite drink.
2. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
(a) Selling her to a neighbor as she lay dying.
(b) Calming her with hot mash.
(c) Giving her a warm bath to calm her down.
(d) Killing her with a hammer.
3. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) Out on the road.
(b) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) At the train station.
4. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
(a) Through word of mouth passed along by the neighbors.
(b) He just appears.
(c) By letter.
(d) By telegram.
5. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
(a) By his shirt.
(b) By his overall straps.
(c) By his hair.
(d) By his arm, which has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jody excited about seeing the mailbox when Chapter 3 opens?
2. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
3. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
4. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
5. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)