|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(b) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(c) Send all the neighbors home.
(d) Go get Carl right away.
2. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It has become stronger with time.
(c) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(d) It has started to consume him.
3. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
(d) A catalog and a newspaper.
4. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two pieces of pie.
(b) A huge turkey dinner.
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
5. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Something white.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) An injured animal.
(d) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
2. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
3. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
4. Why does Grandfather hate the ocean?
5. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)