|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather think Jody wants to listen to his stories so much?
(a) Because he is trying to be respectful.
(b) Because he is still a boy.
(c) Because he is just patronizing him.
(d) Because he is trying to get his dad mad again.
2. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) Out on the road.
(c) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
(d) At the train station.
3. What role does Mrs. Tiflin play in the horse's birth?
(a) None; she is sleeping.
(b) She helps comfort Jody.
(c) She helps comfort the newborn calf.
(d) She helps comfort Nellie.
4. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
(a) He says he'll help but doesn't really do anything.
(b) He gets very excited.
(c) He declines.
(d) He lectures Jody about treating all creatures kindly.
5. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
(a) By letter.
(b) He just appears.
(c) By telegram.
(d) Through word of mouth passed along by the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
2. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
3. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
4. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
5. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)