|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does everyone sit after dinner when Grandfather is first visiting?
(a) In front of the fireplace.
(b) In a very old tree on the property.
(c) In Jody's room to help him fall asleep.
(d) Outside on the porch.
2. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(b) Billy Buck.
(c) Mrs. Tiflin.
3. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) He had a dream about something being wrong.
(b) Nellie is acting funny.
(c) Nellie is too big for a regular pregnant horse.
(d) He can feel the colt inside.
4. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
(a) She has run out of the barn.
(b) She is having spasms.
(c) She won't let anyone near her.
(d) She is incredibly hungry.
5. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Send all the neighbors home.
(b) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(c) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Go get Carl right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
2. How much advanced notice do the Tiflins have of Grandfather's visit?
3. Why is Mrs. Tiflin crying at the end of the novel?
4. Why does Billy Buck respect Grandfather so much?
5. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)