|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy Buck respect Grandfather so much?
(a) Because he feels they are kindred spirits.
(b) Because Grandfather saved his life once.
(c) Because he is an elder.
(d) Because he is the owner of the property.
2. When Jody finally brings Grandfather his drink, where does he sit?
(a) At his feet.
(b) On the porch swing.
(c) On his lap.
(d) He decides to stand as a sign of respect.
3. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
(a) She has run out of the barn.
(b) She is having spasms.
(c) She is incredibly hungry.
(d) She won't let anyone near her.
4. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
(a) Wake up early and go through his grandfather's stuff.
(b) Kill the mice in the haystack.
(c) Wake up early and bring his grandfather breakfast in bed.
(d) Wake up early to make sure he's around when his grandfather wakes up.
5. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
(c) Out on the road.
(d) At the bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
2. Why is Mrs. Tiflin crying at the end of the novel?
3. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
4. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
5. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)