|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
(a) Because he has had it with Grandfather's crazy stories.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) Because Grandfather is drunk all of the time.
(d) Because Grandfather is filling Jody's head with stories.
2. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
(a) The horse sickness that is going through the town.
(b) Their financial troubles.
(c) The death of his red pony.
(d) His bad grades at school.
3. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
4. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(a) Get help from the neighbors.
(b) Turn the colt around inside.
(c) Drug Nellie.
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
(b) July 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mule-tail Buck?
2. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
3. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
4. What does Carl tell Grandfather in front of everyone about what Grandfather has overheard?
5. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)