|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
(b) Something white.
(c) An injured animal.
(d) A new puppy.
2. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
(a) By foot.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By cart and horse.
3. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(b) Get help from the neighbors.
(c) Drug Nellie.
(d) Turn the colt around inside.
4. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(c) Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Billy Buck.
5. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) One week.
(b) Nearly a year.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
2. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
3. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Riley?
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)