|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) He had a dream about something being wrong.
(b) He can feel the colt inside.
(c) Nellie is too big for a regular pregnant horse.
(d) Nellie is acting funny.
2. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
(b) Mr. Jessup.
3. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) She is acting very strangely.
(b) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
(c) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(d) He just worries about everything anyway.
4. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
(a) By telegram.
(b) He just appears.
(c) By letter.
(d) Through word of mouth passed along by the neighbors.
5. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
(a) He lectures Jody about treating all creatures kindly.
(b) He gets very excited.
(c) He says he'll help but doesn't really do anything.
(d) He declines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jody excited about seeing the mailbox when Chapter 3 opens?
2. Who is Nellie?
3. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
4. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
5. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)