|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
(a) Winning rodeo contests.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Helping the sheriff.
(d) Being asked by the president to catch a criminal.
2. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(a) Get help from the neighbors.
(b) Drug Nellie.
(c) Turn the colt around inside.
3. What topic does Grandfather bring up during his first dinner at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) His love of brandy.
(b) His crossing the plains.
(c) His need for more food than most people.
(d) His time with the Spanish army.
4. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A huge, black horse.
(c) A little baby colt.
(d) He just wants his red pony back.
5. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
2. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
3. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
4. How long does Grandfather say he is planning to stay with the Tiflins?
5. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)