|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) To see how much she would get at auction.
(b) To breed her.
(c) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
(d) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
2. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
(a) She knows Jody likes to play jokes on her.
(b) She thinks he secretly wants one for himself.
(c) She knows her father never accepts drinks unless it's mealtime.
(d) She thinks Jody is going to put something in it before giving it to Grandfather.
3. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) A brandy.
(b) Iced tea.
(d) Ice water.
4. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has become stronger with time.
(b) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(c) It has started to consume him.
(d) It has disappeared.
5. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Nearly a year.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
2. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
3. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
4. How long does Grandfather say he is planning to stay with the Tiflins?
5. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)