|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) An injured animal.
(c) Something white.
(d) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
2. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To remember that dreams aren't real.
(b) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
(c) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
(d) To try to wake up and start over again.
3. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A huge, black horse.
(c) He just wants his red pony back.
(d) A little baby colt.
4. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
(a) Because he is lazy.
(b) Because he feels unwelcome in their house.
(c) Because he dresses with care.
(d) Because he moves slower as a result of his old age.
5. How does Grandfather react to what he overhears in the kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) He pretends he didn't hear anything.
(b) He becomes furiously angry.
(c) He laughs it off.
(d) He is hurt a little by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
2. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
3. What does Jody tell Grandfather has happened to Riley?
4. What does Carl tell Grandfather in front of everyone about what Grandfather has overheard?
5. When Jody finally brings Grandfather his drink, where does he sit?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)