|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
(a) She falls and breaks her head.
(b) He never takes her anywhere, so nothing happens.
(c) She spooks and runs off into the mountains.
(d) She breaks free from Jody's rope.
2. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) Ice water.
(c) A brandy.
(d) Iced tea.
3. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(a) Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Billy Buck.
4. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
(a) Wake up early to make sure he's around when his grandfather wakes up.
(b) Wake up early and bring his grandfather breakfast in bed.
(c) Wake up early and go through his grandfather's stuff.
(d) Kill the mice in the haystack.
5. What does Grandfather overhear in the Tiflin kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) Jody saying that he smells like an old man.
(b) Carl complaining about his endless storytelling.
(c) Billy saying that he has lost his respect for him.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin talking about his failing memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
2. Whose ranch has Jody been told to take Nellie to?
3. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
4. Why does Grandfather think Jody wants to listen to his stories so much?
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)