|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
(a) That she is comforted by Jody only.
(b) That she has gone crazy.
(c) That she has "turned nice."
(d) The she only thinks she is pregnant but really isn't.
2. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
(a) He is strangely quiet in the corner.
(b) He is busy bossing everyone around.
(c) None; he isn't there.
(d) He comforts Jody.
3. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(a) Billy Buck.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin.
4. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
(b) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
(c) To breed her.
(d) To see how much she would get at auction.
5. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Moving around.
(b) Being idle.
(c) Being in bad weather.
(d) Staying in the same location all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
2. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
3. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
5. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)