|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Moving around.
(b) Staying in the same location all the time.
(c) Being in bad weather.
(d) Being idle.
2. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
(a) That Billy will be fired if anything happens to the horse.
(b) That Billy is paid well and works hard for his money.
(c) That he's the best horseman around.
(d) That they can't afford anyone better than Billy so Jody better pray to help things out.
3. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
4. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A neighbor's cry for help.
(b) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
(c) A small fire in the kitchen.
(d) A very loud noise from outside.
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
(a) She knows Jody likes to play jokes on her.
(b) She knows her father never accepts drinks unless it's mealtime.
(c) She thinks Jody is going to put something in it before giving it to Grandfather.
(d) She thinks he secretly wants one for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
2. What is the colt born in?
3. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
4. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
5. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)