|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Chapter 4 opens?
2. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He hides it in his room.
(b) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(c) He leaves it with his mother.
(d) He buries it under the porch.
3. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has started to consume him.
(b) It has become stronger with time.
(c) It has disappeared.
(d) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
4. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
(a) His bad grades at school.
(b) The death of his red pony.
(c) The horse sickness that is going through the town.
(d) Their financial troubles.
5. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
(a) By his hair.
(b) By his shirt.
(c) By his overall straps.
(d) By his arm, which has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
2. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
3. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
4. Where does Jody spend most of his time during January?
5. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)