|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has started to consume him.
(b) It has disappeared.
(c) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(d) It has become stronger with time.
2. What does Jody tell Grandfather has happened to Riley?
(a) He was eaten by a coyote.
(b) He was suspended from school for using bad words.
(c) He shed his skin for the first time.
(d) He was smothered by a haystack.
3. Who is Nellie?
(a) Jody's schoolteacher.
(b) A neighbor's horse.
(c) A female horse on the Tiflin ranch.
(d) Jody's cousin.
4. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
(a) Crossing the plains.
(b) Meeting his wife.
(c) Having her get married.
(d) Serving in the Spanish War.
5. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Moving around.
(b) Being idle.
(c) Being in bad weather.
(d) Staying in the same location all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandfather think Jody wants to listen to his stories so much?
2. How does Grandfather react to what he overhears in the kitchen the morning after he arrives?
3. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
4. Why does Billy Buck respect Grandfather so much?
5. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)