|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A bag of fruit as a gift.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A gunny sack.
(d) A rifle.
2. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) He has to go back to the kitchen.
(b) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
(c) A Thermos he always carries with him.
(d) A river on their property.
3. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
(b) Gitano's wife.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin.
4. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(b) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
(c) Grateful and thankful.
(d) Without a word.
5. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To meet his red pony.
(b) To see the stock.
(c) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(d) To get him away from his angry father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
2. Who is Jess Taylor?
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
4. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
5. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jody go to visit Nellie every day after he brings her back from Jess's ranch?
2. When Jody first spots Gitano coming down the road, where does he appear to be coming from?
3. While Jody's mother often finds his hands to be dirty, why doesn't she make him wash them?
4. How does Jody react when he realizes he has killed a bird for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
5. What does Gitano tell Jody and his mother the first time he meets them?
6. What does Jody put into the past once he starts preparing to take care of Nellie and, once it comes, the new horse?
7. What kind of catalog gets Jody so excited when he finds it in his mailbox?
8. What does Jody mean when he says his mouth "works"?
9. What does Carl mean when he calls Jody "Big-Britches"?
10. Why is Carl so mad when he first learns of Grandfather's plans to visit the Tiflins?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)