|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Easter?
(a) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(b) Carl's first horse.
(c) A horse that is about to die.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Biscuits only.
(c) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
3. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
(a) He only responds to Billy.
(b) He only responds to Jody.
(c) He is rambunctious.
(d) He surrenders almost immediately.
4. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(c) After sunset, to be safe.
(d) Four o'clock.
5. What color hair does Gitano have?
(b) None -- he is bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
2. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
3. How is Carl's character first described?
4. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
5. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jody hide the bird he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
2. What lie does Jody tell when Carl asks him where he's been, when he's really been talking with Gitano late at night?
3. How has Billy been able to gauge Jody's skill with horses?
4. According to Jody, how does Gabilan express himself?
5. What does Carl joke would be needed for Gitano to be put out to pasture?
6. Why does Billy Buck not enter the kitchen before anyone else?
7. What, according to Billy, makes him "half horse"?
8. What does Carl mean when he calls Jody "Big-Britches"?
9. Why does Jody stop running right before he meets Grandfather along the road?
10. What problem does Billy warn Jody about when it comes to Nellie giving birth?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)