|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
2. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Leather chaps.
(b) A necklace made of cow teeth.
(c) Very expensive boots.
(d) A Stetson hat.
3. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Into the mountains.
(b) Nowhere in particular.
(c) Toward the Mexico border.
(d) Into the next town over.
4. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(b) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(c) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(d) Because he found his body.
5. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With his gun.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He makes his dog go attack it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pony's name mean?
2. How many healthy horses do Gitano and Jody watch at the watering trough?
3. Who is Billy Buck?
4. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
5. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Billy warn Jody about when it comes to Nellie giving birth?
2. What kind of catalog gets Jody so excited when he finds it in his mailbox?
3. What kinds of animals does Jody put in his lunchbox on his way home from school in Chapter 3?
4. What has Billy told Carl about Jody's skill with horses?
5. How does Mrs. Tiflin feel about Gitano staying at the ranch?
6. What kind of interaction do Nellie and the stallion have when they first meet?
7. Why does Carl ask Gitano if he has relatives anywhere nearby?
8. What country owned the Tiflin ranch when Gitano was born there?
9. Why can Jody relate to his Grandfather's hurt feelings when Carl cuts off his storytelling attempts?
10. According to Jody, how does Gabilan express himself?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)