|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Just let him relax and be.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Shoot him.
2. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(b) A foreign country.
(c) The past.
(d) Out of the big mountains.
3. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(b) He's not sure.
(c) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
(d) He wanted to go with him.
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Keep it drugged.
5. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He found him.
(b) He never says.
(c) A sheriff's auction.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
2. Who is Easter?
3. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
4. Who is Smasher?
5. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does everyone on the ranch eat such a hearty breakfast?
2. Why does Carl ask Gitano if he has relatives anywhere nearby?
3. What does Jody put into the past once he starts preparing to take care of Nellie and, once it comes, the new horse?
4. How does Jody get Gabilan used to wearing a saddle?
5. What kind of interaction do Nellie and the stallion have when they first meet?
6. How long have the mice been living under the haystack (at the beginning of Chapter 4)?
7. What has Billy told Carl about Jody's skill with horses?
8. Who really teaches Jody how to get ready to ride his pony?
9. Why does Jody hide the bird he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
10. What does Carl say to Gitano about what should happen to old things?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)