|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(b) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
2. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) An owl on a fence.
(d) Rain clouds.
3. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Just let him relax and be.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
5. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) Three days.
(b) One night and breakfast.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody get to school?
2. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
3. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
4. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
5. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What familiar story does Grandfather start to tell around the fire on his first night with the Tiflins?
2. What does Carl joke would be needed for Gitano to be put out to pasture?
3. What has Carl told Jody about the mountains?
4. How does Jody get Gabilan used to wearing a saddle?
5. What features of Gabilan is Jody most proud of?
6. What does Gitano tell Jody and his mother the first time he meets them?
7. How does Grandfather respond to seeing Jody for the first time?
8. What does Jody realize that Carl is trying to do to Gitano through the way he is speaking with him?
9. Why does Jody hide the bird he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
10. What kind of weather are Jody and Billy discussing at the opening of Chapter 4?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)