|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With his gun.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He makes his dog go attack it.
2. How does Jody get to school?
(a) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
(b) Carl drives him.
(c) He takes the school bus.
(d) He walks.
3. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
(a) She is angry that it keeps him from school.
(b) She is angry that it keeps him from his chores.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
(a) It is very, very shy.
(b) It nuzzles up to him.
(c) It licks his fingers because they taste like bacon from breakfast.
(d) It bites Jody.
5. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Nothing other than his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
2. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
4. For whom does Billy Buck work?
5. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Jody pay back his father for the $5 it will take to breed Nellie with a stallion?
2. Why does the stallion break his rope when he sees and smells Nellie for the first time?
3. What has Jody's mom told him about the mountains?
4. After Jody initially peppers him with questions, what does Gitano finally say about the mountains?
5. While Jody's mother often finds his hands to be dirty, why doesn't she make him wash them?
6. After he is given the pony, when does Jody begin waking up in the morning?
7. What signals to Jody that Billy Buck and Carl have something unusual planned on the day he is given his pony?
8. How does Jody get Gabilan used to wearing a saddle?
9. Why does Nellie break her rope when Jody is leading her to the neighbor's house?
10. What features of Gabilan is Jody most proud of?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)