|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
2. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
(b) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
(c) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
(d) As nothing special to look at.
3. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(b) A foreign country.
(c) Out of the big mountains.
(d) The past.
4. How does Carl react to the confirmation that Gitano is with Easter?
(a) He sets up a search party.
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) He gets furiously angry.
(d) He laughs.
5. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
2. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
3. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
5. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jody go to visit Nellie every day after he brings her back from Jess's ranch?
2. What kind of weather are Jody and Billy discussing at the opening of Chapter 4?
3. Why does Nellie break her rope when Jody is leading her to the neighbor's house?
4. Why does Jody hide the bird he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
5. What lie does Jody tell when Carl asks him where he's been, when he's really been talking with Gitano late at night?
6. How does Jody react when he realizes he has killed a bird for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
7. What does Jody realize that Carl is trying to do to Gitano through the way he is speaking with him?
8. What are the first signs Jody sees in his pony that makes him think he is sick?
9. Why can Jody relate to his Grandfather's hurt feelings when Carl cuts off his storytelling attempts?
10. What does Carl joke would be needed for Gitano to be put out to pasture?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)