|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(b) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
2. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(b) Old family heirlooms.
3. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
4. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
(b) A necklace.
(d) Nothing other than his horse.
5. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He lets his dog take it away.
(c) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
(d) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
2. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
3. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
4. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
5. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tiflin defend Jody from his father's accusation that he is a "Big-Britches"?
2. What problem does Billy warn Jody about when it comes to Nellie giving birth?
3. What makes the mountains seem less threatening to Jody?
4. How does Jody get Gabilan used to wearing a saddle?
5. Why does Jody go to visit Nellie every day after he brings her back from Jess's ranch?
6. After Jody initially peppers him with questions, what does Gitano finally say about the mountains?
7. What are the first signs Jody sees in his pony that makes him think he is sick?
8. What has Billy Buck told Jody about the mountains?
9. What does Carl say to Gitano about what should happen to old things?
10. When Chapter 3 opens, what does Jody imagine he is leading on his way home from school?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)