|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He wanted to go with him.
(b) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
(c) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(d) He's not sure.
2. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
(b) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
(c) As nothing special to look at.
(d) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
3. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
(a) A sack of old coins.
(b) A bag.
(c) A gun.
(d) Nothing; he steals from them.
4. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(d) Gabilan Mountains.
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(b) He knows his horse hates rain.
(c) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color skin does Gitano have?
2. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
3. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
4. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
5. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of interaction do Nellie and the stallion have when they first meet?
2. How does Mrs. Tiflin feel about Gitano staying at the ranch?
3. When Chapter 3 opens, what does Jody imagine he is leading on his way home from school?
4. Why doesn't Carl allow shooting near the house?
5. What does Grandfather wisely say about reacting to unkind words?
6. What lie does Jody tell when Carl asks him where he's been, when he's really been talking with Gitano late at night?
7. What does Jody put into the past once he starts preparing to take care of Nellie and, once it comes, the new horse?
8. What does Nellie let Jody do that is unusual, when Jody is taking her back from Jess's ranch?
9. Why does Jody stop running right before he meets Grandfather along the road?
10. What kind of catalog gets Jody so excited when he finds it in his mailbox?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)