Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(b) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(c) Send all the neighbors home.
(d) Go get Carl right away.
2. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It has become stronger with time.
(c) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(d) It has started to consume him.
3. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
(d) A catalog and a newspaper.
4. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) Two pieces of pie.
(b) A huge turkey dinner.
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
5. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Something white.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) An injured animal.
(d) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
6. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
7. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
(a) Because he is lazy.
(b) Because he feels unwelcome in their house.
(c) Because he dresses with care.
(d) Because he moves slower as a result of his old age.
8. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
(a) On his undershirt.
(b) Inside his overalls.
(c) Inside his sock.
(d) On his shoe.
9. Why does Grandfather hate the ocean?
(a) It stopped him from going farther west.
(b) He thinks there are evil spirits in it.
(c) He is ignorant and is afraid of so much water.
(d) His wife drowned in the ocean.
10. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
(d) Out on the road.
11. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
(a) By his shirt.
(b) By his overall straps.
(c) By his arm, which has been injured.
(d) By his hair.
12. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He hides it in his room.
(b) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(c) He buries it under the porch.
(d) He leaves it with his mother.
13. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) Because Jody offers him his favorite drink.
(b) Because he is thirsty.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because he sees Jody's face and wants to be polite.
14. What makes Jody excited about seeing the mailbox when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) He has been told he can paint it however he likes.
(b) It is new.
(c) It has been bashed in.
(d) The flag is open.
15. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
(b) He just worries about everything anyway.
(c) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(d) She is acting very strangely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
2. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
3. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
4. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
5. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)