|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
(a) She cries heavily.
(b) She blames the whole thing on innocent Jody.
(c) She gets in a huge fight with Carl.
(d) Nothing; she isn't in the scene when Chapter 2 ends.
2. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
(a) Because he is trying to steal things.
(b) Because he finds Jody incredibly annoying.
(c) Because he wants to sleep.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) A banker.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A preacher.
4. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
(a) Mad because he wanted a bike instead.
(b) Angry at having to get up so early.
5. What color hair does Gitano have?
(d) None -- he is bald.
6. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(a) Grateful and thankful.
(c) Without a word.
(d) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
7. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) With the pony.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) With his mom and dad.
(d) In Billy's quarters.
8. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
(b) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
(c) As nothing special to look at.
(d) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
9. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(c) Old family heirlooms.
10. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its leg.
(b) Its jaw.
(c) Its chest.
(d) Its ear.
11. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) He wanted to go with him.
(c) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(d) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
12. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A necklace made of cow teeth.
(b) Very expensive boots.
(c) Leather chaps.
(d) A Stetson hat.
13. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With his gun.
(c) He makes his dog go attack it.
(d) With a slingshot.
14. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
(a) An owl on a fence.
(c) Rain clouds.
(d) A rattlesnake.
15. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) About average.
(b) Very well - he often wins first place.
(d) He is too old - he usually just judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
2. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
3. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
5. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)