|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
2. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One night and breakfast.
(d) One week.
3. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Dead flesh.
(b) Poisonous buzzards.
(c) Leftover crops.
(d) Seeds that need to be spread.
4. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
5. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(b) Keep it drugged.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
6. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(b) Biscuits only.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
7. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Nowhere in particular.
(b) Into the next town over.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Toward the Mexico border.
8. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(b) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(c) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(d) Because he found his body.
9. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) A spider.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
10. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Leather chaps.
(b) A Stetson hat.
(c) A necklace made of cow teeth.
(d) Very expensive boots.
11. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) With his gun.
(b) With a slingshot.
(c) He makes his dog go attack it.
(d) With his hands.
12. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
(a) He rides a horse with his dad.
(b) He practices with pillows when no one is looking.
(c) He rides the other horses.
(d) He rides a sawhorse.
13. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To see the stock.
(b) To get him away from his angry father.
(c) To meet his red pony.
(d) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
14. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its jaw.
(b) Its chest.
(c) Its leg.
(d) Its ear.
15. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(b) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He hates the way wet horses smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
3. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
4. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
5. How does Jody get to school?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)