|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) One week.
(b) One night and breakfast.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
(a) Mad because he wanted a bike instead.
(d) Angry at having to get up so early.
3. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) In Monterey.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In California.
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) A whip.
(b) Special riding pants.
(c) A new saddle.
(d) An old pair of spurs.
5. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
(a) On another planet.
(b) On the Tiflin ranch.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) In the mountains.
6. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Seeds that need to be spread.
(b) Leftover crops.
(c) Dead flesh.
(d) Poisonous buzzards.
7. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) Milk the cows.
(b) His afternoon chores.
(c) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(d) His homework.
8. What color hair does Gitano have?
(d) None -- he is bald.
9. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) Takes his packages and suitcases.
(b) Gets very scared and starts to cry.
(c) Sends for Jody's father.
(d) Cooks him dinner right away.
10. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
11. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
12. What does the pony's name mean?
13. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he found his body.
(b) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(c) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(d) Because he saw buzzards circling.
14. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) After sunset, to be safe.
(d) Four o'clock.
15. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) Six boys from school.
(b) The neighborhood preacher.
(c) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
2. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
3. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
4. How many healthy horses do Gitano and Jody watch at the watering trough?
5. Who is Easter?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)