|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
(a) Nothing; she isn't in the scene when Chapter 2 ends.
(b) She blames the whole thing on innocent Jody.
(c) She cries heavily.
(d) She gets in a huge fight with Carl.
2. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) Jody's brother.
(b) Another stranger who appears at the house.
(c) Gitano's son.
(d) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
3. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(d) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
4. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its leg.
(b) Its jaw.
(c) Its ear.
(d) Its chest.
5. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
(b) A new, small barn.
(c) A special rope.
(d) A saddle.
6. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(a) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
7. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Into the next town over.
(b) Into the mountains.
(c) Toward the Mexico border.
(d) Nowhere in particular.
8. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In California.
(b) In New Mexico.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Monterey.
9. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
10. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
(b) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
(c) As nothing special to look at.
(d) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
11. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He smells him.
(b) He can see his long beard right away.
(c) By the way he walks.
(d) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
12. What kind of gun does Jody have?
(a) A .44.
(b) A cap gun.
(c) A .22.
(d) A .25.
13. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) A small town in New Mexico.
(c) We never learn.
(d) San Francisco, California.
14. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
15. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
(b) The plague.
(c) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
(d) Bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Gitano have?
2. For whom does Billy Buck work?
3. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
4. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
5. Who is Billy Buck?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)