|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
2. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(b) When he is 14.
(c) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
(d) When he is 12.
3. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A Stetson hat.
(b) Leather chaps.
(c) Very expensive boots.
(d) A necklace made of cow teeth.
4. How does Jody get to school?
(a) He takes the school bus.
(b) Carl drives him.
(c) He walks.
(d) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
5. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
(a) Goes through his memento box.
(b) His homework.
(c) Shoot more animals.
(d) Gaze at the mountains.
6. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On the Tiflin ranch.
(c) On another planet.
(d) In New Mexico.
7. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
(a) A saddle.
(c) A special rope.
(d) A new, small barn.
8. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) Special riding pants.
(b) An old pair of spurs.
(c) A whip.
(d) A new saddle.
9. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
(a) Change his mind.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Cut her off.
(d) Slap her.
10. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) Beneath the cypress.
(b) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(c) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(d) In a special barn.
11. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
(a) Coming back to get Jody.
(b) Heading off for many years of new adventures.
(c) Robbing another family of their valuables.
(d) Riding into the mountains with his rapier.
12. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He buries it.
(b) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
(c) He lets his dog take it away.
(d) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
13. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To get him away from his angry father.
(b) To meet his red pony.
(c) To see the stock.
(d) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
14. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Into the next town over.
(b) Nowhere in particular.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Toward the Mexico border.
15. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) He never says.
(c) He found him.
(d) A sheriff's auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
2. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
3. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)