|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its leg.
(b) Its jaw.
(c) Its ear.
(d) Its chest.
2. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
(a) Beautiful and strong.
(b) Stubborn and strong-willed.
(c) Expensive but worthless.
(d) Lazy and annoying.
3. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Work him until he dies.
(d) Just let him relax and be.
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
(a) It is very, very shy.
(b) It nuzzles up to him.
(c) It licks his fingers because they taste like bacon from breakfast.
(d) It bites Jody.
5. What kind of gun does Jody have?
(a) A .22.
(b) A cap gun.
(c) A .44.
(d) A .25.
6. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He found him.
(b) He never says.
(c) A sheriff's auction.
(d) A neighbor.
7. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He finds them mysterious.
(b) He is amazed at their beauty.
(c) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
(d) He is frightened of them.
8. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) Special riding pants.
(b) A new saddle.
(c) An old pair of spurs.
(d) A whip.
9. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) His homework.
(b) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(c) Milk the cows.
(d) His afternoon chores.
10. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(b) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
(c) Without a word.
(d) Grateful and thankful.
11. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something made of wood.
(b) Something shiny.
(c) Lots of empty sacks.
(d) A small child.
12. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
(a) Cut her off.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Change his mind.
(d) Slap her.
13. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) Billy Buck.
14. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
(c) The plague.
(d) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
15. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Just let him relax and be.
(d) Work him until he dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
2. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
3. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
4. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
5. Who is Easter?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)