|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(b) After sunset, to be safe.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
2. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
(a) Rain clouds.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) An owl on a fence.
3. How does Carl react to the confirmation that Gitano is with Easter?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He sets up a search party.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He gets furiously angry.
4. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Short and stubbly.
(b) Long and braided.
(c) Shiny and beautiful.
(d) Rough and tangled.
5. What does the pony's name mean?
6. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Just let him relax and be.
(b) Work him until he dies.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Sell him.
7. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One night and breakfast.
8. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) His homework.
(b) His afternoon chores.
(c) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(d) Milk the cows.
9. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) A river on their property.
(b) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
(c) A Thermos he always carries with him.
(d) He has to go back to the kitchen.
10. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(b) Gabilan Mountains.
11. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
(a) Where he came from.
(b) What his family was like long ago.
(c) What the mountains are like.
(d) How much money he is carrying with him.
12. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something shiny.
(b) Something made of wood.
(c) A small child.
(d) Lots of empty sacks.
13. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) One of Jody's dogs.
(b) One of Jody's cats.
(c) Jody's pet toad.
(d) Joday's pet racoon.
14. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(b) Old family heirlooms.
15. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
(b) He finds them mysterious.
(c) He is amazed at their beauty.
(d) He is frightened of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
2. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
3. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
5. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)