|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(b) Very well - he often wins first place.
(c) He is too old - he usually just judges.
(d) About average.
2. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(a) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
3. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In Monterey.
(b) In California.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) In Mexico.
4. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(c) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
5. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(b) Over Jody's head.
(c) Exactly even with Jody.
(d) Knee high.
6. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
(b) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(c) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(d) When it is time for daily prayer.
7. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
(b) Another stranger who appears at the house.
(c) Jody's brother.
(d) Gitano's son.
8. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(a) Out of the big mountains.
(b) A foreign country.
(c) The past.
9. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(b) The city.
(c) The Tiflin family.
(d) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
10. How many healthy horses do Gitano and Jody watch at the watering trough?
11. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
12. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Just let him relax and be.
(d) Work him until he dies.
13. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
(a) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
(b) She is angry that it keeps him from school.
(c) She is angry that it keeps him from his chores.
(d) She is proud.
14. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He is amazed at their beauty.
(b) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
(c) He is frightened of them.
(d) He finds them mysterious.
15. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) In his own bed.
(b) With the pony.
(c) With his mom and dad.
(d) In Billy's quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
2. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
3. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
4. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
5. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)