Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why does Billy Buck not enter the kitchen before anyone else?
Billy Buck does not enter the kitchen before anyone else because he is a cowhand and it is proper for a family member to go in first.
2. What does Jody mean when he says his mouth "works"?
When Jody says his mouth "works," he means that he is thinking and communicating his thoughts.
3. Why does everyone on the ranch eat such a hearty breakfast?
Everyone on the ranch eats such a hearty breakfast because they have very busy, physical days ahead of them.
4. While Jody's mother often finds his hands to be dirty, why doesn't she make him wash them?
Jody's mother doesn't make Jody was his hands, even though they are often very dirty, because she knows he will just dirty them up again.
5. How long does Jody have to go to get to school?
To get to school, Jody has to walk at least one mile each way.
This section contains 2,076 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)