|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color skin does Gitano have?
(a) Very freckly.
(d) It's hard to tell because he's been burned.
2. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
(a) That Billy is paid well and works hard for his money.
(b) That he's the best horseman around.
(c) That they can't afford anyone better than Billy so Jody better pray to help things out.
(d) That Billy will be fired if anything happens to the horse.
3. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
(a) Delivery the Christmas sermon.
(b) Go to New York City to see about another loan.
(c) Harvest the crops for the first time.
(d) Drive six old cows to the butcher.
4. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
(a) That he has done a good job.
(b) That he needs to focus on school more and horses less.
(c) That he needs to not be so attached to the horse.
(d) That he needs to relax -- a lot.
5. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Two months.
(b) Nearly a year.
(c) One week.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
2. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
4. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
5. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)