|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
(b) A huge turkey dinner.
(c) Two pieces of pie.
(d) Breakfast foods.
2. Who is Mule-tail Buck?
(a) Grandfather's best friend.
(b) Grandfather's traveling companion.
(c) The Tiflin's neighbor.
(d) Billy Buck's father.
3. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He knows his horse hates rain.
(b) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(c) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(d) He hates the way wet horses smell.
4. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
(b) A special rope.
(c) A saddle.
(d) A new, small barn.
5. How does Grandfather react to what he overhears in the kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) He laughs it off.
(b) He pretends he didn't hear anything.
(c) He becomes furiously angry.
(d) He is hurt a little by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nellie finally begin to show signs of pregnancy?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
3. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
5. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)