|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) Gets very scared and starts to cry.
(b) Sends for Jody's father.
(c) Takes his packages and suitcases.
(d) Cooks him dinner right away.
2. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) A catalog and a newspaper.
(d) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
3. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
(b) To try to wake up and start over again.
(c) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
(d) To remember that dreams aren't real.
4. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Just let him relax and be.
5. Why does Billy Buck respect Grandfather so much?
(a) Because he feels they are kindred spirits.
(b) Because he is the owner of the property.
(c) Because Grandfather saved his life once.
(d) Because he is an elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
2. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
3. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
4. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
5. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)