|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Billy Buck.
2. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
(a) That she has gone crazy.
(b) That she has "turned nice."
(c) That she is comforted by Jody only.
(d) The she only thinks she is pregnant but really isn't.
3. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(a) A foreign country.
(b) The past.
(d) Out of the big mountains.
4. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Just let him relax and be.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Sell him.
5. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
(a) Goes through his memento box.
(b) His homework.
(c) Shoot more animals.
(d) Gaze at the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
2. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
3. What does Grandfather overhear in the Tiflin kitchen the morning after he arrives?
4. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
5. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)