|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
(a) She thinks he secretly wants one for himself.
(b) She thinks Jody is going to put something in it before giving it to Grandfather.
(c) She knows her father never accepts drinks unless it's mealtime.
(d) She knows Jody likes to play jokes on her.
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
(a) He rides the other horses.
(b) He rides a horse with his dad.
(c) He rides a sawhorse.
(d) He practices with pillows when no one is looking.
3. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
(b) She is acting very strangely.
(c) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(d) He just worries about everything anyway.
4. What does Grandfather overhear in the Tiflin kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) Jody saying that he smells like an old man.
(b) Billy saying that he has lost his respect for him.
(c) Carl complaining about his endless storytelling.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin talking about his failing memory.
5. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(b) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
2. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
3. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
4. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
5. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)