|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
(b) He's not sure.
(c) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(d) He wanted to go with him.
2. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(a) Get help from the neighbors.
(c) Turn the colt around inside.
(d) Drug Nellie.
3. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
(a) She breaks free from Jody's rope.
(b) She falls and breaks her head.
(c) He never takes her anywhere, so nothing happens.
(d) She spooks and runs off into the mountains.
4. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In Monterey.
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In California.
(d) In New Mexico.
5. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
(a) Being idle.
(b) Being in bad weather.
(c) Moving around.
(d) Staying in the same location all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
2. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
3. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
4. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
5. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)