|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(d) Gabilan Mountains.
2. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Send all the neighbors home.
(b) Go get Carl right away.
(c) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Go get hot water and a sponge.
3. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
(b) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(c) When it is time for daily prayer.
(d) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
4. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
5. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) A brandy.
(c) Ice water.
(d) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Carl lose his temper and make Grandfather leave?
3. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
4. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
5. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)