|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(b) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(c) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(d) Because he found his body.
2. When Jody finally brings Grandfather his drink, where does he sit?
(a) On the porch swing.
(b) He decides to stand as a sign of respect.
(c) On his lap.
(d) At his feet.
3. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) A huge turkey dinner.
(b) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) Two pieces of pie.
4. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
(a) Learning to read the wind when it blows west.
(b) Looking too much into the future without understanding how you got into the present.
(c) Holding on to your past when you should really let it go.
(d) Getting a huge group of people across the country/out West.
5. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
(a) He was a horseman.
(b) He was a leader of sorts.
(c) He was responsible for rationing water.
(d) He was a hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
2. What kind of gun does Jody have?
3. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
4. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
5. For whom does Billy Buck work?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)