|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Grandfather bring up during his first dinner at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) His need for more food than most people.
(b) His time with the Spanish army.
(c) His love of brandy.
(d) His crossing the plains.
2. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
(b) An injured animal.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) Something white.
3. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A whip.
(c) An old pair of spurs.
(d) Special riding pants.
5. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
(a) His bad grades at school.
(b) The death of his red pony.
(c) The horse sickness that is going through the town.
(d) Their financial troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
2. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
3. What does Jody tell Grandfather has happened to Riley?
4. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
5. How long does Grandfather say he is planning to stay with the Tiflins?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)