|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
(a) A .25.
(b) A cap gun.
(c) A .44.
(d) A .22.
2. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) One of Jody's cats.
(b) Joday's pet racoon.
(c) One of Jody's dogs.
(d) Jody's pet toad.
3. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(b) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(c) Because he found his body.
(d) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
4. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) After sunset, to be safe.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
5. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He reaches in and grabs it.
(b) He cuts open Nellie.
(c) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
(d) He helps Nellie give birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
2. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
3. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
4. How does Jody plan on getting rid of the animals that are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
5. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)