|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Gitano's wife.
2. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He never says.
(b) He found him.
(c) A sheriff's auction.
(d) A neighbor.
3. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Keep it drugged.
(c) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(d) Amputate its leg.
4. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He buries it.
(b) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
(c) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
(d) He lets his dog take it away.
5. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A ranch hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
2. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
3. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
4. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
5. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)