|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
(a) A huge, black horse.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A little baby colt.
(d) He just wants his red pony back.
2. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
(b) To see how much she would get at auction.
(c) To breed her.
(d) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
3. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He helps Nellie give birth.
(b) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
(c) He cuts open Nellie.
(d) He reaches in and grabs it.
4. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
(a) None -- they are very poor.
(b) Fresh turkey sandwiches.
(d) Eggs, bacon, and biscuits.
5. Why does Grandfather hate the ocean?
(a) His wife drowned in the ocean.
(b) He is ignorant and is afraid of so much water.
(c) He thinks there are evil spirits in it.
(d) It stopped him from going farther west.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
2. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
3. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
4. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
5. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)