|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
(a) He was a hunter.
(b) He was responsible for rationing water.
(c) He was a leader of sorts.
(d) He was a horseman.
2. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is 14.
(b) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
(c) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(d) When he is 12.
3. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He leaves it with his mother.
(b) He hides it in his room.
(c) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(d) He buries it under the porch.
4. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A small fire in the kitchen.
(b) A neighbor's cry for help.
(c) A very loud noise from outside.
(d) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
5. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) In Billy's quarters.
(b) With the pony.
(c) With his mom and dad.
(d) In his own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Grandfather say he is planning to stay with the Tiflins?
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
3. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
4. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
5. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)