|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
(a) So he doesn't see Billy kill Nellie.
(b) So he can keep Carl away.
(c) So he can stand guard.
(d) So he can charge people admission at the door.
2. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He smells him.
(b) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(c) By the way he walks.
(d) He can see his long beard right away.
3. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In California.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) In Monterey.
4. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) He refuses to talk to him.
(b) He tells him he is not needed at the ranch.
(c) He is honored to have such a wise guest.
(d) He threatens him with a gun.
5. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
(a) Where he came from.
(b) How much money he is carrying with him.
(c) What the mountains are like.
(d) What his family was like long ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
2. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
3. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
4. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
5. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)