|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
2. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(b) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
3. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A banker.
(b) A ranch hand.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A farmer.
4. Who is the only person to encourage Grandfather's storytelling during his first night at the Tiflins?
(a) Billy Buck.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin.
5. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) That Nellie has a tumor inside, not a baby.
(b) That the colt is turned the wrong way.
(c) That she is going to have twins.
(d) That the colt is already dead before it is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
2. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
3. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
4. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
5. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)