|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Short and stubbly.
(b) Rough and tangled.
(c) Long and braided.
(d) Shiny and beautiful.
2. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Go get Carl right away.
(b) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(c) Send all the neighbors home.
(d) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
3. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
(a) Inside his overalls.
(b) Inside his sock.
(c) On his shoe.
(d) On his undershirt.
4. What does Jody put in his lunchbox on his way home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) Strange pieces of metal he finds along the roadside.
(b) Lots of small animals.
(c) Beautiful rocks.
5. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
(b) A very loud noise from outside.
(c) A small fire in the kitchen.
(d) A neighbor's cry for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
2. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
3. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
4. Who is Riley?
5. What kind of shoes does Jody Tiflin wear in late summer?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)