|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
(a) Getting a huge group of people across the country/out West.
(b) Holding on to your past when you should really let it go.
(c) Looking too much into the future without understanding how you got into the present.
(d) Learning to read the wind when it blows west.
2. How do the other horses react when Nellie is supposedly giving birth?
(a) They all break free and start running around the ranch.
(b) They are very aware of what is going on and are agitated.
(c) They become very quiet.
(d) They are clueless.
3. What color hair does Gitano have?
(c) None -- he is bald.
4. Who is Riley?
(a) The Tiflin's big boar.
(b) The Tiflin's pet cat.
(c) Jody's pet snake.
(d) Jody's friend at school.
5. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(c) It has started to consume him.
(d) It has become stronger with time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
2. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
3. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
4. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
5. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)