|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) About average.
(b) He is too old - he usually just judges.
(d) Very well - he often wins first place.
2. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
(a) That she has gone crazy.
(b) That she has "turned nice."
(c) That she is comforted by Jody only.
(d) The she only thinks she is pregnant but really isn't.
3. Whose ranch has Jody been told to take Nellie to?
(a) Billy Buck's.
(b) No one's.
(c) Jess Taylor's.
(d) A stranger's.
4. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He cuts open Nellie.
(b) He helps Nellie give birth.
(c) He reaches in and grabs it.
(d) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
5. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
(a) Winning rodeo contests.
(b) Being asked by the president to catch a criminal.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Helping the sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
2. What color skin does Gitano have?
3. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
4. Who is Billy Buck?
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)