|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To get him away from his angry father.
(b) To see the stock.
(c) To meet his red pony.
(d) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
2. What is Carl carrying in his hand when he first makes an appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) An injured animal.
(b) Something white.
(c) Flowers for Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) A new puppy.
3. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A preacher.
4. What does Grandfather overhear in the Tiflin kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) Carl complaining about his endless storytelling.
(b) Mrs. Tiflin talking about his failing memory.
(c) Billy saying that he has lost his respect for him.
(d) Jody saying that he smells like an old man.
5. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is 12.
(b) When he is 14.
(c) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(d) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
2. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
3. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
5. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)