|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something made of wood.
(b) Lots of empty sacks.
(c) A small child.
(d) Something shiny.
2. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(a) Grateful and thankful.
(c) Without a word.
(d) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
3. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) A brandy.
(d) Ice water.
5. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(a) Jess Taylor.
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Billy Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
2. How much advanced notice do the Tiflins have of Grandfather's visit?
3. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
4. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Jody spend most of his time during January?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)