|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mule-tail Buck?
(a) Billy Buck's father.
(b) Grandfather's traveling companion.
(c) The Tiflin's neighbor.
(d) Grandfather's best friend.
2. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
(a) So he can charge people admission at the door.
(b) So he doesn't see Billy kill Nellie.
(c) So he can stand guard.
(d) So he can keep Carl away.
3. How does Grandfather react to what he overhears in the kitchen the morning after he arrives?
(a) He pretends he didn't hear anything.
(b) He is hurt a little by it.
(c) He becomes furiously angry.
(d) He laughs it off.
4. When does Nellie finally begin to show signs of pregnancy?
(a) In September.
(b) In April.
(c) Unfortunately, she never does.
(d) On Christmas day.
5. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
(a) A very loud noise from outside.
(b) A neighbor's cry for help.
(c) A moth in the room that Billy and Carl try to catch.
(d) A small fire in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
2. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
3. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
4. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
5. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)