|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Easter?
(a) A horse that is about to die.
(b) Carl's first horse.
(c) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) Beneath the cypress.
(c) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(d) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
3. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
(a) Looking too much into the future without understanding how you got into the present.
(b) Learning to read the wind when it blows west.
(c) Getting a huge group of people across the country/out West.
(d) Holding on to your past when you should really let it go.
4. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
(a) To a neighbor's ranch.
(b) To the town square so he can get a job.
(c) Back to wherever he came from.
5. What does Billy Buck say about how Nellie is handling her pregnancy?
(a) That she has gone crazy.
(b) The she only thinks she is pregnant but really isn't.
(c) That she has "turned nice."
(d) That she is comforted by Jody only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
2. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
3. Why does Grandfather hate the ocean?
4. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)