|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(c) Beneath the cypress.
(d) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
(a) Mad because he wanted a bike instead.
(d) Angry at having to get up so early.
3. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(a) Old family heirlooms.
4. What does Jody plan to do in the early morning after his Grandfather has arrived?
(a) Kill the mice in the haystack.
(b) Wake up early and bring his grandfather breakfast in bed.
(c) Wake up early and go through his grandfather's stuff.
(d) Wake up early to make sure he's around when his grandfather wakes up.
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
(a) She knows her father never accepts drinks unless it's mealtime.
(b) She thinks he secretly wants one for himself.
(c) She thinks Jody is going to put something in it before giving it to Grandfather.
(d) She knows Jody likes to play jokes on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody plan on getting rid of the animals that are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
2. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
3. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
5. What role does Mrs. Tiflin play in the horse's birth?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)