|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he is thirsty.
(c) Because he sees Jody's face and wants to be polite.
(d) Because Jody offers him his favorite drink.
2. What does the pony's name mean?
3. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) Very well - he often wins first place.
(c) He is too old - he usually just judges.
(d) About average.
4. How do the other horses react when Nellie is supposedly giving birth?
(a) They are clueless.
(b) They become very quiet.
(c) They all break free and start running around the ranch.
(d) They are very aware of what is going on and are agitated.
5. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
(a) Taken his hat off.
(b) Shaved mid-week.
(c) Gotten a haircut.
(d) Washed his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody put in his lunchbox on his way home from school in Chapter 3?
2. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
3. What is the colt born in?
4. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
5. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)