|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(b) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(c) Because he found his body.
(d) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
2. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
(a) "Black Demon."
(c) "Black Racer."
(d) "Black Beauty."
3. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
(a) Drug Nellie.
(b) Turn the colt around inside.
(d) Get help from the neighbors.
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(b) They are green and small.
(c) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(d) They are still too small to see.
5. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(a) Gabilan Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
2. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
3. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
4. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
5. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)