|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Toward the Mexico border.
(b) Nowhere in particular.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Into the next town over.
2. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Amputate its leg.
(c) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(d) Keep it drugged.
3. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(b) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
(c) When he is 14.
(d) When he is 12.
4. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
(a) By foot.
(b) By car.
(c) By cart and horse.
(d) By bus.
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
(a) July 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody plan on getting rid of the animals that are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
2. What role did Grandfather play in the traveling group when he was crossing the plains?
3. What animals are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. When does Nellie finally begin to show signs of pregnancy?
5. What is the colt born in?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)