|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
(a) He is strangely quiet in the corner.
(b) He comforts Jody.
(c) None; he isn't there.
(d) He is busy bossing everyone around.
2. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
3. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A spider.
(d) A bird.
4. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
(a) We never find out.
(b) Jody, Jr.
(c) He doesn't want to name something that has died.
(d) There is no colt for him to name.
5. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Go get Carl right away.
(b) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(d) Send all the neighbors home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much advanced notice do the Tiflins have of Grandfather's visit?
2. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
3. When Jody finally brings Grandfather his drink, where does he sit?
4. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
5. What is the one thing Jody remembers his grandfather talking about?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)