|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
(a) Coming back to get Jody.
(b) Riding into the mountains with his rapier.
(c) Robbing another family of their valuables.
(d) Heading off for many years of new adventures.
2. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To see the stock.
(b) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(c) To meet his red pony.
(d) To get him away from his angry father.
3. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something made of wood.
(b) Something shiny.
(c) A small child.
(d) Lots of empty sacks.
4. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he is trying to steal things.
(c) Because he finds Jody incredibly annoying.
(d) Because he wants to sleep.
5. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
(a) It just gets worse and worse everyday.
(b) It has started to consume him.
(c) It has become stronger with time.
(d) It has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandfather hate the ocean?
2. Why is Mrs. Tiflin suspicious of Jody's request to get his Grandfather a drink?
3. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
4. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
5. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)