|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
(a) Lazy and annoying.
(b) Stubborn and strong-willed.
(c) Beautiful and strong.
(d) Expensive but worthless.
2. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) He tells him he is not needed at the ranch.
(b) He is honored to have such a wise guest.
(c) He threatens him with a gun.
(d) He refuses to talk to him.
3. How does Jody get to school?
(a) He walks.
(b) Carl drives him.
(c) He takes the school bus.
(d) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
4. What does Mule-tale Buck do for a living?
(a) He used to be an artist.
(b) He was a mule packer.
(c) He used to breed horses.
(d) He used to be a colonel in the army.
5. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) He makes his dog go attack it.
(c) With his hands.
(d) With his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
2. Why does Grandfather think Jody wants to listen to his stories so much?
3. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
4. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
5. How much advanced notice do the Tiflins have of Grandfather's visit?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)