|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) A small town in New Mexico.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) We never learn.
2. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) Sends for Jody's father.
(b) Gets very scared and starts to cry.
(c) Takes his packages and suitcases.
(d) Cooks him dinner right away.
3. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
(a) Helping the sheriff.
(b) Winning rodeo contests.
(c) Being asked by the president to catch a criminal.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) Jody's brother.
(b) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
(c) Gitano's son.
(d) Another stranger who appears at the house.
5. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
(a) That he's the best horseman around.
(b) That they can't afford anyone better than Billy so Jody better pray to help things out.
(c) That Billy is paid well and works hard for his money.
(d) That Billy will be fired if anything happens to the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
2. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
4. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
5. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)