|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) One night and breakfast.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What does Jody put in his lunchbox on his way home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) Strange pieces of metal he finds along the roadside.
(b) Beautiful rocks.
(d) Lots of small animals.
3. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(b) They are green and small.
(c) They are still too small to see.
(d) They are large and ready for harvesting.
4. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
5. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
(a) "Black Beauty."
(b) "Black Racer."
(d) "Black Demon."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
2. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
3. Who is Smasher?
4. Who is Easter?
5. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)