|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(b) When it is time for daily prayer.
(c) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
2. What is the colt born in?
(a) A strange tumor of some kind.
(b) The placenta.
(c) A twisted mess of pus.
(d) The colt is never born, actually.
3. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(a) The past.
(c) Out of the big mountains.
(d) A foreign country.
4. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) With his mom and dad.
(b) In Billy's quarters.
(c) With the pony.
(d) In his own bed.
5. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(d) After sunset, to be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
3. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
4. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
5. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)