|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
(a) Because he wants to sleep.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Because he is trying to steal things.
(d) Because he finds Jody incredibly annoying.
2. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
(c) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
(d) The plague.
3. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
4. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Being asked by the president to catch a criminal.
(c) Winning rodeo contests.
(d) Helping the sheriff.
5. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(b) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(c) Because he found his body.
(d) Because he saw buzzards circling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
2. How many healthy horses do Gitano and Jody watch at the watering trough?
3. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
4. What kind of gun does Jody have?
5. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)