|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy tell Jody to do after he is done helping with the birth?
(a) Go get Mrs. Tiflin.
(b) Go get hot water and a sponge.
(c) Send all the neighbors home.
(d) Go get Carl right away.
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(c) Gabilan Mountains.
3. What color hair does Gitano have?
(a) None -- he is bald.
4. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Over Jody's head.
(b) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Exactly even with Jody.
5. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Work him until he dies.
(c) Just let him relax and be.
(d) Sell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
2. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
3. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
4. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
5. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)