|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when Chapter 2 opens?
2. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
(a) He doesn't want to name something that has died.
(b) We never find out.
(c) There is no colt for him to name.
(d) Jody, Jr.
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(b) Over Jody's head.
(c) Exactly even with Jody.
(d) Knee high.
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
(a) Nothing; he steals from them.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sack of old coins.
(d) A bag.
5. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(a) A foreign country.
(b) Out of the big mountains.
(c) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
2. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
3. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
4. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
5. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)