|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
(c) The plague.
(d) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
2. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(c) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
3. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) That Nellie has a tumor inside, not a baby.
(b) That the colt is already dead before it is born.
(c) That the colt is turned the wrong way.
(d) That she is going to have twins.
4. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) He has to go back to the kitchen.
(b) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
(c) A river on their property.
(d) A Thermos he always carries with him.
5. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
(b) A necklace.
(d) Nothing other than his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
2. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
3. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
4. Who is Smasher?
5. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)