|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
(b) Biscuits only.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
2. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
(a) He surrenders almost immediately.
(b) He only responds to Jody.
(c) He only responds to Billy.
(d) He is rambunctious.
3. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(a) Billy Buck.
(b) Jess Taylor.
(d) Mrs. Tiflin.
4. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
(a) He is busy bossing everyone around.
(b) He is strangely quiet in the corner.
(c) He comforts Jody.
(d) None; he isn't there.
5. What is the colt born in?
(a) The colt is never born, actually.
(b) A twisted mess of pus.
(c) A strange tumor of some kind.
(d) The placenta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
2. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
3. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
4. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
5. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)