|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
(a) Because he wants to sleep.
(b) Because he finds Jody incredibly annoying.
(c) Because he is trying to steal things.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(d) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
3. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) Joday's pet racoon.
(b) Jody's pet toad.
(c) One of Jody's cats.
(d) One of Jody's dogs.
4. What role does Mrs. Tiflin play in the horse's birth?
(a) She helps comfort Nellie.
(b) None; she is sleeping.
(c) She helps comfort the newborn calf.
(d) She helps comfort Jody.
5. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) A bird.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
2. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
3. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
4. What does Billy do to try to fix Nellie's problem with the delivery?
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)