|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
(a) None -- they are very poor.
(b) Fresh turkey sandwiches.
(c) Eggs, bacon, and biscuits.
2. What color skin does Gitano have?
(a) It's hard to tell because he's been burned.
(c) Very freckly.
3. Where does Jody spend most of his time during January?
(a) With his mother, just like a small child.
(b) At school trying to distract himself.
(c) With Nellie in her stall.
(d) In the house, worrying.
4. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(b) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
5. How is Carl's character first described?
(a) As a religious man.
(b) As a silly, fun-loving father.
(c) As an outgoing community leader.
(d) As a disciplinarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
2. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
3. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
4. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
5. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)