|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) A huge turkey dinner.
(b) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) Two pieces of pie.
2. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He hides it in his room.
(b) He leaves it with his mother.
(c) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(d) He buries it under the porch.
3. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) An old pair of spurs.
(b) Special riding pants.
(c) A new saddle.
(d) A whip.
4. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
(a) A special rope.
(b) A saddle.
(c) A new, small barn.
5. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(b) Out of the big mountains.
(c) The past.
(d) A foreign country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
2. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
3. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
4. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
5. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)