|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(b) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(c) They are green and small.
(d) They are still too small to see.
2. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
(a) She blames the whole thing on innocent Jody.
(b) Nothing; she isn't in the scene when Chapter 2 ends.
(c) She gets in a huge fight with Carl.
(d) She cries heavily.
3. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Long and braided.
(b) Short and stubbly.
(c) Rough and tangled.
(d) Shiny and beautiful.
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bag.
(c) A sack of old coins.
(d) Nothing; he steals from them.
5. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
(a) Goes through his memento box.
(b) His homework.
(c) Gaze at the mountains.
(d) Shoot more animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
2. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
3. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
4. What color hair does Gitano have?
5. How is Carl's character first described?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)