|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something shiny.
(b) A small child.
(c) Lots of empty sacks.
(d) Something made of wood.
2. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) The Tiflin family.
(b) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(d) The city.
3. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
(a) Coming back to get Jody.
(b) Heading off for many years of new adventures.
(c) Robbing another family of their valuables.
(d) Riding into the mountains with his rapier.
4. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Exactly even with Jody.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Over Jody's head.
(d) It hasn't sprouted yet.
5. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(b) Grateful and thankful.
(c) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
(d) Without a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
2. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
3. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
4. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
5. Who is Jess Taylor?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)