|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
(a) Goes through his memento box.
(b) Shoot more animals.
(c) His homework.
(d) Gaze at the mountains.
2. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
(b) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(c) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(d) When it is time for daily prayer.
3. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He is frightened of them.
(b) He is amazed at their beauty.
(c) He finds them mysterious.
(d) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
4. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(b) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
(c) Because he found his body.
(d) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
5. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) In Jody's room.
(c) The barn.
(d) The old bunkhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
3. Who is Easter?
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
5. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)