|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
(a) In Monterey.
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) In California.
2. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His skill with horses.
(b) His fair banking practices.
(c) His fiery sermons.
(d) His ability to make crops grow.
3. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He never says.
(b) A sheriff's auction.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) He found him.
4. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
(b) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(c) He's not sure.
(d) He wanted to go with him.
5. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(b) To meet his red pony.
(c) To see the stock.
(d) To get him away from his angry father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
2. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
3. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
4. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
5. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)