|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He lets his dog take it away.
(b) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
2. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are still too small to see.
(b) They are green and small.
(c) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(d) They are large and ready for harvesting.
3. How is Jody's character first described?
(a) As spoiled and rich.
(b) As loud and obnoxious.
(c) As obedient and shy.
(d) As very naughty.
4. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is angry that it keeps him from his chores.
(c) She is angry that it keeps him from school.
(d) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
5. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One night and breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
2. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
3. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
4. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
5. What item does Jody find Gitano polishing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)