|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
(a) To the town square so he can get a job.
(c) Back to wherever he came from.
(d) To a neighbor's ranch.
2. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(a) Grateful and thankful.
(c) Without a word.
(d) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
3. Who is Easter?
(a) Carl's first horse.
(b) A horse that is about to die.
(c) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Short and stubbly.
(b) Long and braided.
(c) Rough and tangled.
(d) Shiny and beautiful.
5. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
2. How is Billy's horse often described?
3. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
4. What color skin does Gitano have?
5. How is Jody's character first described?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)