|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His ability to make crops grow.
(b) His fair banking practices.
(c) His fiery sermons.
(d) His skill with horses.
2. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
3. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Leftover crops.
(b) Poisonous buzzards.
(c) Dead flesh.
(d) Seeds that need to be spread.
4. How does Jody get to school?
(a) He walks.
(b) He takes the school bus.
(c) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
(d) Carl drives him.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(a) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
2. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
3. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
4. What color hair does Gitano have?
5. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)