|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) In Jody's room.
(b) The barn.
(d) The old bunkhouse.
2. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) After sunset, to be safe.
3. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He smells him.
(b) He can see his long beard right away.
(c) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(d) By the way he walks.
4. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
(a) To a neighbor's ranch.
(c) To the town square so he can get a job.
(d) Back to wherever he came from.
5. What does the pony's name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Carl's character first described?
2. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
3. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
4. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
5. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)