|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
(a) Stubborn and strong-willed.
(b) Beautiful and strong.
(c) Lazy and annoying.
(d) Expensive but worthless.
2. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(b) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(c) They are still too small to see.
(d) They are green and small.
3. Where does Jody initially think Gitano comes from?
(a) Out of the big mountains.
(b) The past.
(c) A foreign country.
4. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He makes his dog go attack it.
(b) With his gun.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) With his hands.
5. How does Jody get to school?
(a) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
(b) Carl drives him.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes the school bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
2. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
3. For whom does Billy Buck work?
4. Where did Carl get the pony from?
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)