|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A bag of fruit as a gift.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A fur coat.
2. How does Jody get to school?
(a) He takes the school bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) Carl drives him.
(d) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
3. What season is it when Chapter 2 opens?
4. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
(b) As nothing special to look at.
(c) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
(d) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
5. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His ability to make crops grow.
(c) His skill with horses.
(d) His fair banking practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
2. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
3. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
4. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
5. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)