|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl react to the confirmation that Gitano is with Easter?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He sets up a search party.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He gets furiously angry.
2. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its leg.
(b) Its chest.
(c) Its jaw.
(d) Its ear.
3. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(b) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(c) They are green and small.
(d) They are still too small to see.
4. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(b) To get him away from his angry father.
(c) To see the stock.
(d) To meet his red pony.
5. Who is Easter?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Carl's first horse.
(c) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(d) A horse that is about to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
2. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
3. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
4. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
5. How does Jody get to school?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)