|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
2. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) He is too old - he usually just judges.
(c) About average.
(d) Very well - he often wins first place.
3. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) Gitano's son.
(b) Another stranger who appears at the house.
(c) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
(d) Jody's brother.
4. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(b) His teacher.
(c) The neighborhood preacher.
(d) Six boys from school.
5. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) An old pair of spurs.
(b) A new saddle.
(c) Special riding pants.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jody when Chapter 2 concludes?
2. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
3. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
4. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
5. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)