|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pony's name mean?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(d) Gabilan Mountains.
3. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Keep it drugged.
4. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Dead flesh.
(b) Poisonous buzzards.
(c) Leftover crops.
(d) Seeds that need to be spread.
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(b) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Billy Buck work?
2. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
3. How is Carl's character first described?
4. How is Jody's character first described?
5. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)