|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) In a special barn.
(d) Beneath the cypress.
2. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(b) When it is time for daily prayer.
(c) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
3. What does the pony's name mean?
4. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
(a) Drive six old cows to the butcher.
(b) Harvest the crops for the first time.
(c) Go to New York City to see about another loan.
(d) Delivery the Christmas sermon.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(c) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Red Pony take place?
2. Where did Carl get the pony from?
3. What is Billy Buck best known for?
4. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
5. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)