|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(c) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
2. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) With his mom and dad.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) In Billy's quarters.
(d) With the pony.
3. What is a common breakfast in the Tiflin household?
(a) Eggs, bacon, and biscuits.
(b) None -- they are very poor.
(d) Fresh turkey sandwiches.
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Amputate its leg.
(b) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(c) Keep it drugged.
(d) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(b) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
2. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
3. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
4. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
5. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)