|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
(a) He surrenders almost immediately.
(b) He is rambunctious.
(c) He only responds to Jody.
(d) He only responds to Billy.
2. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are still too small to see.
(b) They are green and small.
(c) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(d) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
3. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Short and stubbly.
(b) Shiny and beautiful.
(c) Long and braided.
(d) Rough and tangled.
4. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) It depends on the day.
(c) Very late.
(d) Before sunrise.
5. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(d) Gabilan Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Buck?
2. What kind of gun does Jody have?
3. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
5. Where did Carl get the pony from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)