|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody get to school?
(a) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
(b) He walks.
(c) Carl drives him.
(d) He takes the school bus.
2. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Leftover crops.
(b) Dead flesh.
(c) Poisonous buzzards.
(d) Seeds that need to be spread.
3. What does the pony's name mean?
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) Special riding pants.
(c) An old pair of spurs.
(d) A whip.
5. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
2. Where does The Red Pony take place?
3. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
4. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
5. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)