|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(b) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(c) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(d) He knows his horse hates rain.
2. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) We never learn.
(c) Salinas, California.
(d) A small town in New Mexico.
3. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
(a) Go to New York City to see about another loan.
(b) Delivery the Christmas sermon.
(c) Harvest the crops for the first time.
(d) Drive six old cows to the butcher.
4. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) His teacher.
(b) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(c) The neighborhood preacher.
(d) Six boys from school.
5. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(b) When it is time for daily prayer.
(c) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
2. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
3. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
4. Who is Billy Buck?
5. How does Jody get to school?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)