|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(b) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
2. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) After sunset, to be safe.
(d) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
3. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) Beneath the cypress.
(d) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
(a) It nuzzles up to him.
(b) It is very, very shy.
(c) It licks his fingers because they taste like bacon from breakfast.
(d) It bites Jody.
5. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
(a) Special riding pants.
(b) A whip.
(c) A new saddle.
(d) An old pair of spurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
2. Who is Billy Buck?
3. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
4. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
5. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)