|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) It depends on the day.
(c) Before sunrise.
(d) Very late.
2. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
(a) It bites Jody.
(b) It nuzzles up to him.
(c) It is very, very shy.
(d) It licks his fingers because they taste like bacon from breakfast.
3. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) A sheriff's auction.
(b) He found him.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) He never says.
4. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) A river on their property.
(b) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
(c) A Thermos he always carries with him.
(d) He has to go back to the kitchen.
5. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Knee high.
(b) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(c) Exactly even with Jody.
(d) Over Jody's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
2. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
3. Where does The Red Pony take place?
4. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
5. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)