|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Dead flesh.
(b) Seeds that need to be spread.
(c) Leftover crops.
(d) Poisonous buzzards.
2. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Exactly even with Jody.
(c) Over Jody's head.
(d) It hasn't sprouted yet.
3. How is Carl's character first described?
(a) As a silly, fun-loving father.
(b) As a disciplinarian.
(c) As an outgoing community leader.
(d) As a religious man.
4. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) Joday's pet racoon.
(b) Jody's pet toad.
(c) One of Jody's cats.
(d) One of Jody's dogs.
5. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(b) Beneath the cypress.
(c) In a special barn.
(d) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Billy's horse often described?
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
3. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
5. How is Jody's character first described?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)