|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) Beneath the cypress.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) In a special barn.
(d) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
2. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(b) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
3. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A ranch hand.
4. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A special rope.
(c) A new, small barn.
5. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) A small town in New Mexico.
(c) We never learn.
(d) San Francisco, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
3. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
4. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
5. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)