|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(d) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
2. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
(a) She is angry that it keeps him from his chores.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She doesn't really care one way or the other.
(d) She is angry that it keeps him from school.
3. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(b) He is too old - he usually just judges.
(c) About average.
(d) Very well - he often wins first place.
4. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) In a special barn.
(d) Beneath the cypress.
5. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) Very late.
(b) At sunrise.
(c) Before sunrise.
(d) It depends on the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
2. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
3. What is Billy Buck best known for?
4. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
5. What kind of gun does Jody have?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)