|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
(a) In his own bed.
(b) In Billy's quarters.
(c) With his mom and dad.
(d) With the pony.
2. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Short and stubbly.
(b) Rough and tangled.
(c) Shiny and beautiful.
(d) Long and braided.
3. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
(c) Gabilan Mountains.
4. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) After sunset, to be safe.
(c) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
5. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(c) Beneath the cypress.
(d) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Buck best known for?
2. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
4. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
5. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)