|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
2. How is Jody's character first described?
(a) As spoiled and rich.
(b) As obedient and shy.
(c) As very naughty.
(d) As loud and obnoxious.
3. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) His teacher.
(b) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(c) Six boys from school.
(d) The neighborhood preacher.
4. How is Carl's character first described?
(a) As an outgoing community leader.
(b) As a silly, fun-loving father.
(c) As a disciplinarian.
(d) As a religious man.
5. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Keep it drugged.
(b) Amputate its leg.
(c) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(d) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
3. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
4. How is Billy's horse often described?
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)