|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) Beneath the cypress.
(d) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
2. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) About average.
(c) Very well - he often wins first place.
(d) He is too old - he usually just judges.
3. How is Carl's character first described?
(a) As a religious man.
(b) As a disciplinarian.
(c) As a silly, fun-loving father.
(d) As an outgoing community leader.
4. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Exactly even with Jody.
(b) Knee high.
(c) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(d) Over Jody's head.
5. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) A small town in New Mexico.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) We never learn.
(d) San Francisco, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Billy Buck work?
2. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
3. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
5. Where did Carl get the pony from?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)