|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is 14.
(b) When he is 12.
(c) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(d) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
2. What is the "carrion" that Jody mentions the buzzards are helpful with?
(a) Leftover crops.
(b) Seeds that need to be spread.
(c) Poisonous buzzards.
(d) Dead flesh.
3. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His skill with horses.
(b) His fair banking practices.
(c) His fiery sermons.
(d) His ability to make crops grow.
4. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) Beneath the cypress.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(d) In a special barn.
5. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(b) Six boys from school.
(c) The neighborhood preacher.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
3. Where did Carl get the pony from?
4. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
5. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)