|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its ear.
(b) Its leg.
(c) Its jaw.
(d) Its chest.
2. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
(b) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(c) When he is 12.
(d) When he is 14.
3. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
(b) When it is time for daily prayer.
(c) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(d) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
4. What does the pony's name mean?
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(a) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
2. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
3. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
4. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
5. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)