|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His ability to make crops grow.
(b) His fiery sermons.
(c) His skill with horses.
(d) His fair banking practices.
2. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
3. How is Billy's horse often described?
(a) As looking almost exactly like Billy.
(b) As an average horse but with crazy eyes.
(c) As the most beautiful horse in the county.
(d) As nothing special to look at.
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(b) Keep it drugged.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
5. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(b) When he is 12.
(c) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
(d) When he is 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
3. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
4. How is Jody's character first described?
5. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)