|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) Jody's pet toad.
(b) One of Jody's dogs.
(c) Joday's pet racoon.
(d) One of Jody's cats.
2. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) The city.
(b) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(c) The Tiflin family.
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Over Jody's head.
(c) Exactly even with Jody.
(d) It hasn't sprouted yet.
4. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His skill with horses.
(c) His ability to make crops grow.
(d) His fair banking practices.
5. How is Jody's character first described?
(a) As spoiled and rich.
(b) As obedient and shy.
(c) As loud and obnoxious.
(d) As very naughty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
2. How is Carl's character first described?
3. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
4. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
5. When does Billy Buck get up?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)