|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes does Jody Tiflin wear in late summer?
(b) Big boots because of all the rain.
2. How does Jody get to school?
(a) He takes the school bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) Carl drives him.
(d) Billy Buck usually lets him ride a horse.
3. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
(a) His teacher.
(b) Six boys from school.
(c) No one -- he keeps it hidden away.
(d) The neighborhood preacher.
4. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
(a) When he is 12.
(b) When he is 14.
(c) When he is no longer grounded for failing his classes.
(d) When he saves up enough money to buy some.
5. What does the pony's name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
3. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
4. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
5. How is Billy's horse often described?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)