|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He finds them mysterious.
(b) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
(c) He is frightened of them.
(d) He is amazed at their beauty.
2. Why is Mrs. Tiflin crying at the end of the novel?
(a) She isn't.
(b) She is sad about her father's death.
(c) She is tired of her life.
(d) She wants Jody to stay a little boy forever.
3. Why does Billy tell Jody to go outside when Nellie is supposedly in labor?
(a) So he can charge people admission at the door.
(b) So he can stand guard.
(c) So he can keep Carl away.
(d) So he doesn't see Billy kill Nellie.
4. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
(a) Nothing other than his horse.
(c) A necklace.
5. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) The Tiflin family.
(b) The city.
(d) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
2. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
3. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
4. What month is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)