|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
(a) Because he can smell death out in the horse stalls.
(b) Because he found his body.
(c) Because he saw buzzards circling.
(d) Because he did not show up with the other horses.
2. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A ranch hand.
(c) A banker.
(d) A preacher.
3. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
(a) He is strangely quiet in the corner.
(b) He comforts Jody.
(c) None; he isn't there.
(d) He is busy bossing everyone around.
4. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
(b) A Thermos he always carries with him.
(c) A river on their property.
(d) He has to go back to the kitchen.
5. What is the colt born in?
(a) The placenta.
(b) A twisted mess of pus.
(c) A strange tumor of some kind.
(d) The colt is never born, actually.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl react to finding Jody sneaking back into bed after checking on Nellie in the middle of the night?
2. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
3. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
4. What kind of gun does Jody have?
5. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)