|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
(a) That they can't afford anyone better than Billy so Jody better pray to help things out.
(b) That he's the best horseman around.
(c) That Billy will be fired if anything happens to the horse.
(d) That Billy is paid well and works hard for his money.
2. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
(b) Mad because he wanted a bike instead.
(c) Angry at having to get up so early.
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(c) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
4. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
(a) How much money he is carrying with him.
(b) What the mountains are like.
(c) Where he came from.
(d) What his family was like long ago.
5. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
(a) It is very, very shy.
(b) It bites Jody.
(c) It licks his fingers because they taste like bacon from breakfast.
(d) It nuzzles up to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
2. How is Billy's horse often described?
3. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
4. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)