|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) One week.
(b) Nearly a year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Nine months.
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
(a) He rides the other horses.
(b) He rides a horse with his dad.
(c) He rides a sawhorse.
(d) He practices with pillows when no one is looking.
3. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Shiny and beautiful.
(b) Long and braided.
(c) Rough and tangled.
(d) Short and stubbly.
4. What is the colt born in?
(a) A strange tumor of some kind.
(b) The colt is never born, actually.
(c) The placenta.
(d) A twisted mess of pus.
5. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
(b) Mad because he wanted a bike instead.
(d) Angry at having to get up so early.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
2. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
3. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
4. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
5. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)