|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(b) He smells him.
(c) By the way he walks.
(d) He can see his long beard right away.
2. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Gitano's wife.
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
3. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
(a) He feels silly for letting his father get robbed.
(b) He feels badly for how he treated Gitano.
(c) He wanted to go with him.
(d) He's not sure.
4. What does Jody put in his lunchbox on his way home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) Beautiful rocks.
(c) Lots of small animals.
(d) Strange pieces of metal he finds along the roadside.
5. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(c) Billy Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
2. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
3. What color skin does Gitano have?
4. During the first dinner with Grandfather, what does Billy say makes people hungrier?
5. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)