|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) By the way he walks.
(b) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(c) He smells him.
(d) He can see his long beard right away.
2. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His ability to make crops grow.
(c) His skill with horses.
(d) His fair banking practices.
3. What drink does Jody offer to make for his Grandfather when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
(a) A brandy.
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Ice water.
4. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
(b) To breed her.
(c) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
(d) To see how much she would get at auction.
5. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
(a) Holding on to your past when you should really let it go.
(b) Getting a huge group of people across the country/out West.
(c) Looking too much into the future without understanding how you got into the present.
(d) Learning to read the wind when it blows west.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Carl pin something on of Jody's when he sets off with Nellie?
2. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
3. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
4. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
5. Where did Carl get the pony from?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)