|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Tiflin claim was the biggest thing in her father's life?
(a) Meeting his wife.
(b) Having her get married.
(c) Crossing the plains.
(d) Serving in the Spanish War.
2. How does Jody's grandfather arrive at the ranch?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By foot.
(d) By cart and horse.
3. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(b) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Keep it drugged.
4. What kind of horse does Jody fantasize about having?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A huge, black horse.
(c) He just wants his red pony back.
(d) A little baby colt.
5. How does the Tiflin family learn that Mrs. Tiflin's father will be coming to visit?
(a) By letter.
(b) Through word of mouth passed along by the neighbors.
(c) By telegram.
(d) He just appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Carl play in the horse's birth?
2. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
3. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
4. Where does Carl suggest Gitano go after he leaves the Tiflin ranch?
5. Why does Grandfather accept Jody's offer for a drink when they are sitting on the porch discussing "westering"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)