|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
(a) Billy Buck.
(d) A beautiful woman.
2. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(a) Without a word.
(b) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
(c) Grateful and thankful.
3. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) Jody's brother.
(b) Gitano's son.
(c) Another stranger who appears at the house.
(d) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
4. What time is it when Jody first leaves the barn after the horse's birth?
5. Why is Mrs. Tiflin crying at the end of the novel?
(a) She isn't.
(b) She is tired of her life.
(c) She wants Jody to stay a little boy forever.
(d) She is sad about her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
2. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
3. When Jody finally brings Grandfather his drink, where does he sit?
4. What does Grandfather say has happened to his appetite for "westering"?
5. How much does Grandfather say Jody has grown when he first sees him?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)