|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
(a) He doesn't want to name something that has died.
(b) There is no colt for him to name.
(c) Jody, Jr.
(d) We never find out.
2. Whose ranch has Jody been told to take Nellie to?
(a) Billy Buck's.
(b) A stranger's.
(c) Jess Taylor's.
(d) No one's.
3. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He helps Nellie give birth.
(b) He reaches in and grabs it.
(c) He cuts open Nellie.
(d) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
4. What does Grandfather mean by the term "westering"?
(a) Learning to read the wind when it blows west.
(b) Getting a huge group of people across the country/out West.
(c) Looking too much into the future without understanding how you got into the present.
(d) Holding on to your past when you should really let it go.
5. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
(b) Biscuits only.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
2. What month is it when Chapter 4 opens?
3. How does Jody plan on getting rid of the animals that are living under the haystack on the Tiflin ranch?
4. What color hair does Gitano have?
5. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)