|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does everyone sit after dinner when Grandfather is first visiting?
(a) In Jody's room to help him fall asleep.
(b) Outside on the porch.
(c) In front of the fireplace.
(d) In a very old tree on the property.
2. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
(a) Beautiful and strong.
(b) Expensive but worthless.
(c) Stubborn and strong-willed.
(d) Lazy and annoying.
3. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A gunny sack.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bag of fruit as a gift.
(d) A fur coat.
4. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
(c) Mr. Jessup.
5. Who is Easter?
(a) Carl's first horse.
(b) A horse that is about to die.
(c) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
2. What interrupts Grandfather's storytelling the first night he is visiting the Tiflins?
3. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
4. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
5. What kind of gun does Jody have?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)