|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(b) They are still too small to see.
(c) They are green and small.
(d) They are large and ready for harvesting.
2. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
(a) Drive six old cows to the butcher.
(b) Go to New York City to see about another loan.
(c) Harvest the crops for the first time.
(d) Delivery the Christmas sermon.
3. Who is Mule-tail Buck?
(a) Grandfather's traveling companion.
(b) Billy Buck's father.
(c) The Tiflin's neighbor.
(d) Grandfather's best friend.
4. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He knows his horse hates rain.
(b) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(c) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(d) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
5. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bag of fruit as a gift.
(c) A gunny sack.
(d) A fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
2. What makes Jody excited about seeing the mailbox when Chapter 3 opens?
3. Who is Billy Buck?
4. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
5. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)