|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) By the way he walks.
(b) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(c) He smells him.
(d) He can see his long beard right away.
2. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nearly a year.
3. How does Grandfather react to Jody's invitation to help in the mouse hunt?
(a) He lectures Jody about treating all creatures kindly.
(b) He says he'll help but doesn't really do anything.
(c) He declines.
(d) He gets very excited.
4. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
(a) At the train station.
(b) Out on the road.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) At the front door with his sailor suit on.
5. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(a) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Jess Taylor.
(d) Billy Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody feel about Grandfather's comment about how much he has grown?
2. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
3. What does Jody tell Grandfather has happened to Riley?
4. What reason does Mrs. Tiflin give about why it takes Grandfather so long to rise in the morning?
5. How do the other horses react when Nellie is supposedly giving birth?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)