|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He knows his horse hates rain.
(b) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(c) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
2. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
3. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
(a) An owl on a fence.
(b) Rain clouds.
(d) A rattlesnake.
4. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
(a) A river on their property.
(b) A Thermos he always carries with him.
(c) He has to go back to the kitchen.
(d) A pipe outlet from a cold spring.
5. What does Billy Buck do to show his respect for Grandfather?
(a) Taken his hat off.
(b) Shaved mid-week.
(c) Washed his clothes.
(d) Gotten a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
2. When Jody is worried about Nellie, what does Carl tell Jody about Billy?
3. Who does Billy say must grant permission for anything that is done on the ranch?
4. Where does Jody offer to meet his grandfather?
5. What does Jody tell Grandfather has happened to Riley?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)