|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(b) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(c) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
(d) When it is time for daily prayer.
2. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
(a) He falls asleep at the dinner table.
(c) Grateful and thankful.
(d) Without a word.
3. How does Carl react to the confirmation that Gitano is with Easter?
(a) He sets up a search party.
(b) He gets furiously angry.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He laughs.
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Keep it drugged.
(c) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(d) Amputate its leg.
5. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
(a) He surrenders almost immediately.
(b) He is rambunctious.
(c) He only responds to Billy.
(d) He only responds to Jody.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody get to school?
2. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
3. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
4. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
5. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)