|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) Milk the cows.
(b) His homework.
(c) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(d) His afternoon chores.
2. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A sheriff's auction.
(c) He never says.
(d) He found him.
3. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Lots of empty sacks.
(b) A small child.
(c) Something made of wood.
(d) Something shiny.
4. How is Carl's character first described?
(a) As a religious man.
(b) As an outgoing community leader.
(c) As a silly, fun-loving father.
(d) As a disciplinarian.
5. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
(d) The plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
2. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
3. Who does Jody first show his new pony to?
4. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
5. How does the pony respond to Jody when he reaches for it for the first time?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)