|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of information is Jody eager to get out of Gitano?
(a) What the mountains are like.
(b) What his family was like long ago.
(c) How much money he is carrying with him.
(d) Where he came from.
2. What does the pony's name mean?
3. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
(a) He rides a sawhorse.
(b) He rides the other horses.
(c) He rides a horse with his dad.
(d) He practices with pillows when no one is looking.
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are green and small.
(b) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(c) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(d) They are still too small to see.
5. Who is Easter?
(a) Carl's first horse.
(b) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) A horse that is about to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
2. Who is Billy Buck?
3. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
4. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
5. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)