|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are still too small to see.
(b) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(c) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(d) They are green and small.
2. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He buries it.
(b) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
(c) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
(d) He lets his dog take it away.
3. What would Billy Buck like to do with Easter?
(a) Just let him relax and be.
(b) Work him until he dies.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. Who is Easter?
(a) A horse that is about to die.
(b) Carl's first horse.
(c) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Lots of empty sacks.
(b) A small child.
(c) Something made of wood.
(d) Something shiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carl get the pony from?
2. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
3. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
4. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
5. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)