|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Just let him relax and be.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Work him until he dies.
(d) Shoot him.
2. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His ability to make crops grow.
(c) His skill with horses.
(d) His fair banking practices.
3. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its jaw.
(b) Its chest.
(c) Its ear.
(d) Its leg.
4. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(b) The city.
(c) The Tiflin family.
5. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Into the mountains.
(b) Toward the Mexico border.
(c) Nowhere in particular.
(d) Into the next town over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
2. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
3. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
4. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
5. How is Billy's horse often described?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)