|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) Billy Buck.
2. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
(a) Long and braided.
(b) Rough and tangled.
(c) Short and stubbly.
(d) Shiny and beautiful.
3. What kind of shoes does Jody Tiflin wear in late summer?
(a) Big boots because of all the rain.
4. Who is Jess Taylor?
(a) Another stranger who appears at the house.
(b) Jody's brother.
(c) Gitano's son.
(d) A neighbor of the Tiflins.
5. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He smells him.
(b) He can see his long beard right away.
(c) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(d) By the way he walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
2. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
3. Who is Easter?
4. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
5. When does Billy Buck get up?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)