|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
(a) The plague.
(b) A week's worth of unwanted houseguests.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Dealing with Easter when he dies.
2. What kind of shoes does Jody Tiflin wear in late summer?
(b) Big boots because of all the rain.
3. What season is it when Chapter 2 opens?
4. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) By the way he walks.
(b) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
(c) He smells him.
(d) He can see his long beard right away.
5. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Biscuits only.
(b) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody kill the animal that he kills for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
2. Who is Jess Taylor?
3. How is Carl's character first described?
4. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
5. How many healthy horses do Gitano and Jody watch at the watering trough?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)