|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His ability to make crops grow.
(c) His fair banking practices.
(d) His skill with horses.
2. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One night and breakfast.
(d) One week.
3. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) A bird.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cat.
4. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To get him away from his angry father.
(b) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(c) To see the stock.
(d) To meet his red pony.
5. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A banker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A ranch hand.
(d) A preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
2. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
3. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
4. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
5. What does the pony's name mean?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)