|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
(a) He can see his long beard right away.
(b) By the way he walks.
(c) He smells him.
(d) He knows the man and knows that he is old.
2. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) A banker.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A farmer.
3. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
(b) He lets his dog take it away.
(c) He buries it.
(d) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
4. As Jody's pony gets sicker, what life-saving procedure must Billy do to keep it alive?
(a) Cut a hole in its windpipe.
(b) Give it alcohol to keep it calm.
(c) Amputate its leg.
(d) Keep it drugged.
5. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something made of wood.
(b) A small child.
(c) Something shiny.
(d) Lots of empty sacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
2. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
3. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
4. What color eyes does Jody Tiflin have?
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)