|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
(d) July 4th.
2. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To get him away from his angry father.
(b) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(c) To meet his red pony.
(d) To see the stock.
3. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He buries it under the porch.
(b) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(c) He hides it in his room.
(d) He leaves it with his mother.
4. How does Billy free the colt once it is born?
(a) He washes it off by himself.
(b) He uses a knife to cut it free.
(c) Nothing, because there is no real colt; the horse only thought it was pregnant.
(d) He tears the sac open with his teeth.
5. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) That Nellie has a tumor inside, not a baby.
(b) That she is going to have twins.
(c) That the colt is already dead before it is born.
(d) That the colt is turned the wrong way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
2. How is Billy's horse often described?
3. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
4. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
5. Why does Jody feel the way he does after Gitano leaves?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)