|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
2. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
(a) By his arm, which has been injured.
(b) By his overall straps.
(c) By his shirt.
(d) By his hair.
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Over Jody's head.
(b) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Exactly even with Jody.
4. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
5. How does Billy eventually get the baby colt out?
(a) He doesn't; Nellie isn't really pregnant.
(b) He cuts open Nellie.
(c) He helps Nellie give birth.
(d) He reaches in and grabs it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
2. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
3. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
4. What color skin does Gitano have?
5. What is Billy Buck best known for?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)