|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He is frightened of them.
(b) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
(c) He is amazed at their beauty.
(d) He finds them mysterious.
2. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
(b) Uni, since he looks like a unicorn.
3. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
4. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(b) Mrs. Tiflin.
(c) Billy Buck.
(d) Jess Taylor.
5. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its jaw.
(b) Its leg.
(c) Its chest.
(d) Its ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
2. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
3. What season is it when Chapter 2 opens?
4. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
5. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)