|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
2. What does Gitano eat for breakfast the day after he arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Biscuits only.
(d) Nothing; he doesn't appear for breakfast.
3. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) He is honored to have such a wise guest.
(b) He tells him he is not needed at the ranch.
(c) He threatens him with a gun.
(d) He refuses to talk to him.
4. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he finds Jody incredibly annoying.
(c) Because he is trying to steal things.
(d) Because he wants to sleep.
5. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(b) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
(c) She is acting very strangely.
(d) He just worries about everything anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the colt born in?
2. Who is Nellie?
3. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
5. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)