|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Just let him relax and be.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Work him until he dies.
2. What kind of horse was Easter when he was younger?
(a) Lazy and annoying.
(b) Stubborn and strong-willed.
(c) Expensive but worthless.
(d) Beautiful and strong.
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Exactly even with Jody.
(c) Over Jody's head.
(d) It hasn't sprouted yet.
4. What nickname does Jody give to his imaginary horse?
(a) "Black Racer."
(b) "Black Beauty."
(c) "Black Demon."
5. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
(b) To remember that dreams aren't real.
(c) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
(d) To try to wake up and start over again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
2. What does Jody decide to name the new colt?
3. What kind of gun does Jody have?
4. Who is Nellie?
5. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)