|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(d) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
2. What does Billy end up doing to Nellie?
(a) Calming her with hot mash.
(b) Killing her with a hammer.
(c) Selling her to a neighbor as she lay dying.
(d) Giving her a warm bath to calm her down.
3. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Just let him relax and be.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Sell him.
4. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He is frightened of them.
(b) He finds them mysterious.
(c) He is amazed at their beauty.
(d) He doesn't think about them one way or the other.
5. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
2. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
3. How does the pony's coat and mane look when Jody first sees them?
4. What happens to Nellie while Jody is trying to take her somewhere?
5. What color hair does Gitano have?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)