|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody do with his surprise-filled lunchbox when he returns home from school?
(a) He leaves it with his mother.
(b) He buries it under the porch.
(c) He leaves it in the mailbox.
(d) He hides it in his room.
2. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) A small town in New Mexico.
(c) We never learn.
(d) Salinas, California.
3. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(b) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(c) The city.
(d) The Tiflin family.
4. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(b) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(c) He knows his horse hates rain.
(d) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(c) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody feel when Carl and Billy are taking him out to show him his pony for the first time?
2. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
3. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
4. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
5. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)