|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jody spend most of his time during January?
(a) With his mother, just like a small child.
(b) In the house, worrying.
(c) At school trying to distract himself.
(d) With Nellie in her stall.
2. What does the pony's name mean?
3. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
(b) July 4th.
4. Why is Jody so worried about Nellie?
(a) Carl will beat him if anything happens to the horse.
(b) She is acting very strangely.
(c) He just worries about everything anyway.
(d) He doesn't want her to die like his pony did.
5. After Gitano leaves the Tiflin ranch, what does Jody picture him doing?
(a) Riding into the mountains with his rapier.
(b) Coming back to get Jody.
(c) Heading off for many years of new adventures.
(d) Robbing another family of their valuables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
2. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
3. What unique item is Gitano wearing when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
4. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
5. Whose ranch has Jody been told to take Nellie to?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)