|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Jody and puts him on a horse for safety?
(a) Jess Taylor.
(b) Billy Buck.
(c) Mrs. Tiflin.
2. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
(a) To breed her.
(b) To see how much she would get at auction.
(c) To see if any of the neighbors would want to buy her.
(d) He hasn't been told to take her anywhere.
3. How does Billy often perform at local rodeos?
(a) About average.
(b) Very well - he often wins first place.
(d) He is too old - he usually just judges.
4. What kind of shoes does Jody Tiflin wear in late summer?
(a) Big boots because of all the rain.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(c) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
2. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
3. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
4. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
5. Who is Easter?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)