|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
(a) Billy Buck.
(c) A beautiful woman.
2. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A banker.
3. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Just let him relax and be.
(d) Work him until he dies.
4. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
(a) The death of his red pony.
(b) The horse sickness that is going through the town.
(c) His bad grades at school.
(d) Their financial troubles.
5. Where are pigs prepared for slaughter and slaughtered on the ranch?
(a) In a special barn.
(b) Right near the kitchen so they can be cleaned easily.
(c) They aren't -- they are taken off property for this.
(d) Beneath the cypress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nellie?
2. How is Carl's character first described?
3. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
4. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
5. What season is it when Chapter 3 opens?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)