|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) Before sunrise.
(b) Very late.
(c) At sunrise.
(d) It depends on the day.
2. What role does Mrs. Tiflin play in the horse's birth?
(a) None; she is sleeping.
(b) She helps comfort the newborn calf.
(c) She helps comfort Jody.
(d) She helps comfort Nellie.
3. Who is Nellie?
(a) Jody's schoolteacher.
(b) A neighbor's horse.
(c) Jody's cousin.
(d) A female horse on the Tiflin ranch.
4. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) Rain clouds.
(d) An owl on a fence.
5. Where is the infected lump located on the pony?
(a) Its ear.
(b) Its leg.
(c) Its chest.
(d) Its jaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl tell Jody not to blame on Billy?
2. Who does Jess Taylor say he saw riding Easter?
3. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
4. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
5. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)