|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Carl like to do with Easter?
(a) Work him until he dies.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Just let him relax and be.
(d) Shoot him.
2. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He found him.
(b) He never says.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A sheriff's auction.
3. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Cut her off.
(c) Change his mind.
(d) Slap her.
4. Who is Easter?
(a) A horse that is about to die.
(b) A horse that really isn't any good anymore.
(c) Carl's first horse.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What item does Jody find Gitano polishing?
(a) An old necklace.
(b) A rapier.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Carl say Gitano can initially stay for?
2. What does Jody do after he learns Gitano has died?
3. Why has Jody been told to take Nellie to someone else's ranch?
4. What gift does Carl give Jody to help him with riding his pony?
5. What does Billy suggest Jody name the pony?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)