|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Two months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) One week.
(d) Nearly a year.
2. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) On another planet.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the Tiflin ranch.
3. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) After sunset, to be safe.
(d) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
4. What does Mrs. Tiflin say after Gitano leaves?
(a) Nothing; she isn't in the scene when Chapter 2 ends.
(b) She cries heavily.
(c) She blames the whole thing on innocent Jody.
(d) She gets in a huge fight with Carl.
5. How does Billy free the colt once it is born?
(a) Nothing, because there is no real colt; the horse only thought it was pregnant.
(b) He washes it off by himself.
(c) He uses a knife to cut it free.
(d) He tears the sac open with his teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
2. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
3. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
4. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
5. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)