|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To try to wake up and start over again.
(b) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
(c) To remember that dreams aren't real.
(d) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
2. How long does Billy say it takes for a colt to be born?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Nearly a year.
(d) Nine months.
3. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(d) Old family heirlooms.
4. How is Jody picked up and put on a horse for safety?
(a) By his shirt.
(b) By his hair.
(c) By his arm, which has been injured.
(d) By his overall straps.
5. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He hates the way wet horses smell.
(b) He knows his horse hates rain.
(c) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(d) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
2. What does Jody imagine doing with his imaginary horse?
3. Where does Jody get drinks of water from while walking around the ranch?
4. How does Jody feel after Gitano leaves?
5. How does Jody feel about the Gabilan mountains when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)