|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Tiflin talks about Gitano staying, what does Carl do?
(a) Change his mind.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Ignore her.
(d) Cut her off.
2. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
(a) To be quiet so he doesn't anger Carl.
(b) To remember that dreams aren't real.
(c) To try to wake up and start over again.
(d) To eat a cookie as a treat and then go back to bed.
3. How does Jody dispose of the body of the animal he kills when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) He buries it.
(b) Hid hides it in the hay in the barn.
(c) He cuts it into pieces and throws them into the bushes.
(d) He lets his dog take it away.
4. How do the other horses react when Nellie is supposedly giving birth?
(a) They all break free and start running around the ranch.
(b) They become very quiet.
(c) They are clueless.
(d) They are very aware of what is going on and are agitated.
5. What does Carl think Gitano has stolen from him?
(b) Old family heirlooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gitano actually stolen from Carl?
2. What is the Gitano carrying when he first arrives at the Tiflin ranch?
3. What does Jody's mother do when she meets Gitano for the first time?
4. Who is Nellie?
5. What season is it when Chapter 2 opens?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)