|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Gitano have?
(a) None -- he is bald.
2. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To see the stock.
(b) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(c) To get him away from his angry father.
(d) To meet his red pony.
3. What problem does Billy find with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) That Nellie has a tumor inside, not a baby.
(b) That the colt is turned the wrong way.
(c) That she is going to have twins.
(d) That the colt is already dead before it is born.
4. How does Carl react to finding Jody sneaking back into bed after checking on Nellie in the middle of the night?
(a) He is torn between pride and anger.
(b) He beats Jody.
(c) He laughs and stays up to talk with Jody.
(d) He is furious.
5. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A banker.
(d) A ranch hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabilan respond to being bridle trained?
2. Where does Jody sleep while his pony is sick?
3. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
4. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
5. What makes Carl think that Easter is dead the morning Gitano leaves?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)