|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
2. How does Jody prepare for riding his pony once it is ready?
(a) He practices with pillows when no one is looking.
(b) He rides a sawhorse.
(c) He rides the other horses.
(d) He rides a horse with his dad.
3. What items are in the mailbox when Jody returns home from school in Chapter 3?
(a) A catalog and a newspaper.
(b) A dead squirrel.
(c) A birthday present from Jody's grandmother.
(d) The flute Jody had ordered a few weeks earlier.
4. Who is Doubletree Mutt?
(a) One of Jody's cats.
(b) One of Jody's dogs.
(c) Jody's pet toad.
(d) Joday's pet racoon.
5. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are green and small.
(b) They are large and ready for harvesting.
(c) They are still too small to see.
(d) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano claim to have relatives?
2. Who answers most of Jody's questions about the colt that is supposed to be coming?
3. How does Gitano leave his first dinner with the Tiflins?
4. When the novel opens, what are Carl and Billy going to do?
5. How does Jody know Nellie is going into labor?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)