|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) His homework.
(b) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(c) Milk the cows.
(d) His afternoon chores.
2. Why does Jody initially invite Gitano down to the barn?
(a) To get him away from his angry father.
(b) To see the stock.
(c) To find a more comfortable place to sleep.
(d) To meet his red pony.
3. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He found him.
(b) A sheriff's auction.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) He never says.
4. What does Jess Taylor report the horse rider was carrying?
(a) Something shiny.
(b) A small child.
(c) Lots of empty sacks.
(d) Something made of wood.
5. How do the cow-pumpkins look when the novel first opens?
(a) They are enormous and expected to win a prize at the state fair.
(b) They are green and small.
(c) They are still too small to see.
(d) They are large and ready for harvesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
2. Where does The Red Pony take place?
3. What ominous sign does Jody see that lets him know his pony has died?
4. Where does Gitano claim to be born?
5. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)