|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(b) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(c) When it is time for daily prayer.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
2. What color skin does Gitano have?
(c) Very freckly.
(d) It's hard to tell because he's been burned.
3. Where did Carl get the pony from?
(a) He found him.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A sheriff's auction.
(d) He never says.
4. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A ranch hand.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A banker.
5. What does Jody have to eat at Jess Taylor's ranch in Chapter 3?
(a) Breakfast foods.
(b) A slice of bread only, as the Taylors are very poor.
(c) Two pieces of pie.
(d) A huge turkey dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Jody have?
2. What does Jody initially want to name the pony?
3. What kind of contests does Billy Buck win on Easter?
4. How does Billy free the colt once it is born?
5. What item did Carl and Billy get to go with the pony?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)