1. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) A small town in New Mexico.
(c) We never learn.
(d) Salinas, California.
2. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A ranch hand.
(d) A preacher.
3. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(c) The Tiflin family.
(d) The city.
4. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fair banking practices.
(b) His skill with horses.
(c) His ability to make crops grow.
(d) His fiery sermons.
5. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) It depends on the day.
(c) Before sunrise.
(d) Very late.
6. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(b) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(c) When it is time for daily prayer.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
7. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
This section contains 5,131 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)