1. Where does The Red Pony take place?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) We never learn.
(d) A small town in New Mexico.
2. Who is Billy Buck?
(a) A banker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A ranch hand.
(d) A preacher.
3. For whom does Billy Buck work?
(a) No one -- he is a wandering worker.
(b) The Tiflin family.
(c) The city.
4. What is Billy Buck best known for?
(a) His fiery sermons.
(b) His fair banking practices.
(c) His ability to make crops grow.
(d) His skill with horses.
5. When does Billy Buck get up?
(a) It depends on the day.
(b) Very late.
(c) Before sunrise.
(d) At sunrise.
6. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(b) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(c) When it is time for daily prayer.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
7. How old is Jody Tiflin when the novel begins?
This section contains 5,131 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)