|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack know as he begins his walk down the street toward home?
(a) He needs to stop at the store before going home.
(b) He has a twenty minute walk ahead of him.
(c) He has missed his bus.
(d) He has to get change to get on the bus.
2. What does Jack say to his father while he stands in the living room door?
(a) He says, "Welcome home."
(b) He says simply "Hi, dad."
(c) He says "Why have you come home?"
(d) He says "Love you, dad."
3. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
(a) He yells at his father.
(b) He mumbles to his sister.
(c) He whispers too softly for anyone to hear.
(d) He speaks clearly.
4. Since his return home, what about Dale's public readings does Jack disdain?
(a) He dislikes the way his father creates fake accents when reading.
(b) He thinks his father is faking just to get attention.
(c) He scorns the poems and the way his father speaks to the listeners.
(d) He believes his father is being dishonest with people.
5. What does Jack notice about his father since his return home?
(a) He does not like to talk to people anymore.
(b) His eyes no longer work as well as they used to.
(c) HIs eyes not longer sparkle, and he does not have a actor's style.
(d) He has lost his sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other things does Dale read in public?
2. How do Phoebe and Jack's mother react to Dale's return?
3. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
4. After leaving Russia, what does Yegudkin do in his new country?
5. What does Jack have tucked under his arms as he starts for home?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)