|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack use each night to take off his boots?
(a) A crowbar.
(b) His hands.
(c) A bootjack.
(d) He just slides out of them.
2. What does Jack notice about his father since his return home?
(a) HIs eyes not longer sparkle, and he does not have a actor's style.
(b) He does not like to talk to people anymore.
(c) He has lost his sense of humor.
(d) His eyes no longer work as well as they used to.
3. How does the graduate student react to his teacher's horn playing?
(a) He sits, hands on his knees, in a daze.
(b) He sits, arms crossed, dismayed.
(c) He sits, legs folded, and waits.
(d) He sits, hands in the air, stunned.
4. How does the narrator describe the look in Yegudkin's eyes as he handles the Alexander?
(a) Madness, lust, or gluttony.
(b) Madness, excitement, or greed.
(c) Madness, joy, or confusion.
(d) Madness, anger, or resentment.
5. What does Jack bring with him each night when he returns from milking the cows?
(a) His heavy coat.
(b) A pail of milk.
(d) A carton of apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jack ask Yegudkin after hearing him play?
2. What does Yegudkin look like?
3. When Jack opens the living room door, what is his father doing in the living room?
4. What does Yedugkin wear to work every day?
5. What does Jack conclude about his teacher?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)