|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does Jack refuse to play his horn?
(a) In his home for his friends.
(b) At church or at home for guests.
(c) In the neighborhood or in the school band on holidays.
(d) At church or on street corners after dinner.
2. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
(a) "Forgive me."
(b) "My son."
(c) "I have missed you."
3. What question does Jack ask Yegudkin after hearing him play?
(a) "How did you learn to play runs that fast?"
(b) "How did you memorize all of that?"
(c) "Have you always played that well?"
(d) "Do you think I'll ever play like that?"
4. What does Jack to do avoid family togetherness since his father's return?
(a) He spends all his time locked in his room.
(b) He leaves on his father's motorcycle.
(c) He plays his French horn.
(d) He reads about foreign travels.
5. With whom does Jack take his horn lessons?
(a) Arcady Yegudkin.
(b) Arcomb Yegadsky.
(c) Arcady Yelliniski.
(d) Andrew Yegudski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "Alexander?"
2. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
3. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
4. What does Jack know as he begins his walk down the street toward home?
5. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)