|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
(a) "I have missed you."
(b) "Forgive me."
(d) "My son."
2. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
(a) He gesticulates.
(b) He curses the gods.
(c) He cries and speaks carefully.
(d) He avoids the eyes of his listeners.
3. How do Phoebe and Jack's mother react to Dale's return?
(a) The are screaming at him for being gone.
(b) They are laughing and happy.
(c) They are crying and hugging him.
(d) They are quiet and listening to Dale's stories.
4. How does Jack feel about his father now that Dale has been gone for three weeks?
(a) He is frightened and wants his father home.
(b) He is both hateful and envious.
(c) He does not understand what his father is doing.
(d) He does not want his father to come home until fall.
5. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
(a) He whispers too softly for anyone to hear.
(b) He mumbles to his sister.
(c) He yells at his father.
(d) He speaks clearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
2. How does Dale react to being home?
3. What does Yegudkin do while Jack is playing the horn at his lesson?
4. What is Phoebe doing during the homecoming?
5. For what orchestra does Jack play?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)