|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
(a) Mouthpieces for horns.
(b) Reeds for instruments.
(c) Letters from family in Russia.
(d) Tools for repairing horns.
2. Since his return home, what about Dale's public readings does Jack disdain?
(a) He believes his father is being dishonest with people.
(b) He scorns the poems and the way his father speaks to the listeners.
(c) He dislikes the way his father creates fake accents when reading.
(d) He thinks his father is faking just to get attention.
3. What does Jack realize when he is doing his chores the night after lunch with Phoebe?
(a) If he does not say grace, he will be cursed.
(b) If he does not say grace, there might be no heaven.
(c) If he does not say grace, he will go to Hell.
(d) If he does not say grace, he does not love his dead brother.
4. What is Phoebe doing during the homecoming?
(a) Looking for Jack.
(b) Sitting next to her mother and hugging both her mother and father.
(c) Asking her aunt what to make for dinner.
(d) Talking to her cousins.
5. How does the narrator describe Yegudkin's playing the French horn?
(a) As if an unskilled musician had played the horn.
(b) As if angels had entered the room.
(c) As if a thousand brass bands were playing.
(d) As if a creature from some other universe had appeared in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is in the living room?
2. For what orchestra does Jack play?
3. What is one thing Dale does after being home a month?
4. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
5. Who does Jack see sitting with his father when he opens the living room door?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)