|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack opens the living room door, what is his father doing in the living room?
(a) Asking about the farm.
(b) Crying in his wife's lap.
(c) Laughing with his brothers.
(d) Talking to Phoebe.
2. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
(a) Jack applauds loudly.
(b) Jack stands up and leaves.
(c) Jack gets very angry, but does not speak.
(d) Jack gets very angry and yells at his father.
3. How does Jack feel about his mother and sister's reactions to Dale's readings in public?
(a) He dislikes how they smile, cry, and lift their heads.
(b) He dislikes how they are faking their tears.
(c) He dislikes all of the attention they give Dale.
(d) He dislikes how rude they are in church.
4. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
(a) To one of his graduate students.
(b) To a new horn player.
(c) To Jack.
(d) To himself.
5. How do Phoebe and Jack's mother react to Dale's return?
(a) The are screaming at him for being gone.
(b) They are quiet and listening to Dale's stories.
(c) They are laughing and happy.
(d) They are crying and hugging him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in the barn say to him while he is working with the cows?
2. What is the foundation note for the horn Yegudkin is playing?
3. What makes Jack turn his head and look up while he is thinking and preparing the cows for milking in the barn?
4. When do Yegudkin and his wife leave Russia?
5. What does Jack's mother say about his horn playing?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)