|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
(a) His sister is practicing her piano.
(b) All of the lights are on.
(c) The house is unusually quiet.
(d) His mother is asleep on the couch.
2. What does Jack realize he is doing as he gets close to his father?
(a) He is staggering to the couch.
(b) He is crying like his father.
(c) He is smiling at his mother.
(d) He is looking at Phoebe.
3. For what orchestra does Jack play?
(a) The Brooklyn Civic Orchestra.
(b) The New York City Civic Orchestra.
(c) The Newark Civic Orchestra.
(d) The Batavia Civic Orchestra.
4. How does Yegudkin's wife survive their ordeal?
(a) She is terribly crippled from the gunshots.
(b) She is left behind and lives in a work camp.
(c) She is hardly harmed by the soldiers.
(d) She is blinded by the wounds she received.
5. After leaving Russia, what does Yegudkin do in his new country?
(a) He finds a factory job in a city.
(b) He stays home and cares for his wife.
(c) He plays French horn to great praise by the critics.
(d) He studies with a French historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jack ask Yegudkin after hearing him play?
2. How does Yegudkin react to the question Jack asks him when Yegudkin has finished playing?
3. In their lesson after he has played the horn for Jack, what does Yegudkin not speak of that he normally does in Jack's lessons?
4. How does the graduate student react to his teacher's horn playing?
5. Who does Jack see sitting with his father when he opens the living room door?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)