|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
(a) Letters from family in Russia.
(b) Mouthpieces for horns.
(c) Tools for repairing horns.
(d) Reeds for instruments.
2. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
(a) He cries and speaks carefully.
(b) He curses the gods.
(c) He gesticulates.
(d) He avoids the eyes of his listeners.
3. What does Yedugkin wear to work every day?
(a) Spats, a long grey overcoat, and a black beret.
(b) A long grey overcoat, a black suit, and a black beret.
(c) A long balck overcoat, a grey suit, and a grey fedora.
(d) Spats, a long black overcoat, and a black fedora.
4. What does Yegudkin look like?
(a) He is tall and thin with a silver moustache.
(b) He is small and frail with a moustache.
(c) He is short and stocky with a red moustache.
(d) He is muscular with black hair and a moustache.
5. When Jack opens the living room door, what is his father doing in the living room?
(a) Asking about the farm.
(b) Crying in his wife's lap.
(c) Laughing with his brothers.
(d) Talking to Phoebe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dale react to being home?
2. What does Jack notice about his father since his return home?
3. What does Yegudkin say as he hands the horn to his student?
4. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
5. What does Jack realize he is doing as he gets close to his father?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)