|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yedugkin wear to work every day?
(a) A long balck overcoat, a grey suit, and a grey fedora.
(b) Spats, a long grey overcoat, and a black beret.
(c) A long grey overcoat, a black suit, and a black beret.
(d) Spats, a long black overcoat, and a black fedora.
2. Where and when does Jack refuse to play his horn?
(a) At church or at home for guests.
(b) At church or on street corners after dinner.
(c) In his home for his friends.
(d) In the neighborhood or in the school band on holidays.
3. What is Phoebe doing during the homecoming?
(a) Talking to her cousins.
(b) Asking her aunt what to make for dinner.
(c) Sitting next to her mother and hugging both her mother and father.
(d) Looking for Jack.
4. Where do the Yegudkins live in America?
(a) Rochester, Minnesota
(b) Rochester, New Jersey
(c) Rochester, Indiana
(d) Rochester, New York
5. In what orchestra does Yegudkin play before he comes to New York?
(a) The orchestra of Czar Nikolai.
(b) The orchestra of Brezhnev.
(c) The orchestra of Tsar Stalin.
(d) The orchestra of Lenin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dale react to being home?
2. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
3. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
4. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
5. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)