|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yegudkin react to the question Jack asks him when Yegudkin has finished playing?
(a) He laughs loudly and his eyes widen.
(b) He laughs loudly and nudges Jack in the side.
(c) He laughs loudly and turns to the graduate student.
(d) He laughs loudly and says "no."
2. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
(a) He gesticulates.
(b) He avoids the eyes of his listeners.
(c) He cries and speaks carefully.
(d) He curses the gods.
3. For what orchestra does Jack play?
(a) The Newark Civic Orchestra.
(b) The Brooklyn Civic Orchestra.
(c) The Batavia Civic Orchestra.
(d) The New York City Civic Orchestra.
4. How does Jack feel as he nears the homecoming scene?
(a) Relieved and exhausted.
(b) Exhausted and childlike.
(c) Happy and grateful.
(d) Dizzy and nauseated.
5. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
(a) He mumbles to his sister.
(b) He whispers too softly for anyone to hear.
(c) He yells at his father.
(d) He speaks clearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel about his father now that Dale has been gone for three weeks?
2. Where do the Yegudkins live in America?
3. Where does Yegudkin's wife sit while he teaches?
4. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
5. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)