|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack realize he is doing as he gets close to his father?
(a) He is crying like his father.
(b) He is looking at Phoebe.
(c) He is staggering to the couch.
(d) He is smiling at his mother.
2. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
(a) "Bridge to Madison County" and "My Way."
(b) "I Lean on the Lord" and "Why Must This Be?"
(c) "The Weight of the World" and "Sufferers Be Still."
(d) "Tomorrow's Bridge" and "This Too Will Pass."
3. Now that his father is home, what does Jack tell himself at night when he is alone?
(a) "They will wake up and find me married."
(b) "They will wake up and find me dead."
(c) "They will wake up and find me gone."
(d) "They will wake up and find I am famous."
4. How does the graduate student react to his teacher's horn playing?
(a) He sits, arms crossed, dismayed.
(b) He sits, hands on his knees, in a daze.
(c) He sits, legs folded, and waits.
(d) He sits, hands in the air, stunned.
5. What musical instrument is in the living room?
(a) A cello.
(b) A piano.
(c) A French horn.
(d) A harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack use each night to take off his boots?
2. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
3. What does Jack conclude about his teacher?
4. Who takes Yegudkin and his wife away from their home?
5. What is the foundation note for the horn Yegudkin is playing?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)