|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Jack's aunt and uncle who are in the house for Dale's homecoming?
(a) Ruth and David.
(b) Ruth and Walt.
(c) Anne and Walt.
(d) Ruth and Ben.
2. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
(a) "My son."
(b) "Forgive me."
(d) "I have missed you."
3. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
(a) They know he will grow out of it.
(b) They think he is being mean to his father.
(c) They think he is not a good horn player.
(d) They believe there is nothing they can do about his isolation.
4. What makes Jack turn his head and look up while he is thinking and preparing the cows for milking in the barn?
(a) One of the farmhands needs help.
(b) His mother come to talk to him.
(c) His cousin asks him a question.
(d) HIs uncle speaks to him.
5. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
(a) "I Lean on the Lord" and "Why Must This Be?"
(b) "Tomorrow's Bridge" and "This Too Will Pass."
(c) "Bridge to Madison County" and "My Way."
(d) "The Weight of the World" and "Sufferers Be Still."
Short Answer Questions
1. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
2. Where does Yegudkin's wife sit while he teaches?
3. When Jack reaches the street after his lesson, what does he do?
4. What does Jack bring with him each night when he returns from milking the cows?
5. On what day are Jack's music lessons?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)