|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack bring with him each night when he returns from milking the cows?
(a) A pail of milk.
(b) His heavy coat.
(c) A carton of apples.
2. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
(a) To himself.
(b) To a new horn player.
(c) To one of his graduate students.
(d) To Jack.
3. What does Jack do when he finally enters the living room?
(a) He kneels next to his father and puts his arm around him.
(b) He stands next to his aunt and uncle.
(c) He sits next to his mother on the couch.
(d) He stands next to his father and pats his back.
4. What is Phoebe doing during the homecoming?
(a) Asking her aunt what to make for dinner.
(b) Looking for Jack.
(c) Sitting next to her mother and hugging both her mother and father.
(d) Talking to her cousins.
5. What does Jack say to his father while he stands in the living room door?
(a) He says, "Welcome home."
(b) He says "Why have you come home?"
(c) He says simply "Hi, dad."
(d) He says "Love you, dad."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Yegudkins go after leaving Russia?
2. What is Jack's horn teacher's nickname?
3. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
4. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
5. How does the narrator describe the look in Yegudkin's eyes as he handles the Alexander?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)