|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since his father has returned home, what does Jack do late at night?
(a) He takes his father's motorcycle and rides into town.
(b) He goes up to the haymow or the orchard and plays his horn.
(c) He dreams of joining the army.
(d) He calls his old school friends on the phone.
2. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
(a) "Next month?"
(b) "Next Saturday?"
(c) "Next week?"
(d) "Next lesson?"
3. What does Yegudkin tell Jack of Russia and its power?
(a) He describes Kiev, Russian cities, and Russian politics.
(b) He describes the difference between communism and democracy.
(c) He describes Russian tanks, Siberia, and Czar Nicholi.
(d) He describes the display of weaponry, Russian cunning, and Napoleon.
4. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
(a) "I have missed you."
(b) "My son."
(d) "Forgive me."
5. After leaving Russia, what does Yegudkin do in his new country?
(a) He studies with a French historian.
(b) He plays French horn to great praise by the critics.
(c) He finds a factory job in a city.
(d) He stays home and cares for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of things does Yegudkin play on the horn?
2. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
3. How does Dale react to being home?
4. What happens when the Yegudkins are on their way to Siberia?
5. How old is Yegudkin when we meet him?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)