|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yegudkin say as he hands the horn to his student?
(a) "Good instrument."
(b) "Good horn."
(c) "Good sound."
(d) "Good luck."
2. What is the foundation note for the horn Yegudkin is playing?
(a) The highest note of the horn, E.
(b) The lowest note of the horn, D.
(c) The highest note of the horn, B.
(d) The lowest note of the horn, F.
3. After leaving Russia, what does Yegudkin do in his new country?
(a) He stays home and cares for his wife.
(b) He finds a factory job in a city.
(c) He studies with a French historian.
(d) He plays French horn to great praise by the critics.
4. What musical instrument is in the living room?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A French horn.
(d) A cello.
5. Who does Jack see sitting with his father when he opens the living room door?
(a) His mother, his aunt, the police, and his cousins.
(b) His uncles, his mother, some field hands, and some friends.
(c) HIs sister his uncle, the neighbor and some field hands.
(d) His mother, his sister, his uncle and his aunt, and two cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
2. When Jack reaches the street after his lesson, what does he do?
3. How does Yegudkin's wife survive their ordeal?
4. What does Jack's aunt say to him while he is standing in the doorway?
5. What does Yegudkin tell Jack of Russia and its power?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)