|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the graduate student react to his teacher's horn playing?
(a) He sits, hands on his knees, in a daze.
(b) He sits, arms crossed, dismayed.
(c) He sits, hands in the air, stunned.
(d) He sits, legs folded, and waits.
2. What does Mrs. Hawthorne do as she talks about Jack's horn playing?
(a) Frowns and tells him to stop practicing.
(b) Frowns and asks for guidance.
(c) Smiles but stomps her feet.
(d) Smiles and clasps her hands together.
3. How does the narrator describe Yegudkin's playing the French horn?
(a) As if angels had entered the room.
(b) As if an unskilled musician had played the horn.
(c) As if a thousand brass bands were playing.
(d) As if a creature from some other universe had appeared in the room.
4. In their lesson after he has played the horn for Jack, what does Yegudkin not speak of that he normally does in Jack's lessons?
(a) The stupidity of mankind.
(b) The beauty of the world.
(c) The stupidity of musicians.
(d) His love for America.
5. What does Jack use each night to take off his boots?
(a) A crowbar.
(b) A bootjack.
(c) He just slides out of them.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel about his father now that Dale has been gone for three weeks?
2. Who is on the sidewalk with Jack as he leaves his lesson to go home?
3. What does Jack know as he begins his walk down the street toward home?
4. What does Yegudkin look like?
5. What does Yedugkin wear to work every day?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)