|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
(a) They think he is being mean to his father.
(b) They think he is not a good horn player.
(c) They believe there is nothing they can do about his isolation.
(d) They know he will grow out of it.
2. What does Jack's aunt say to him while he is standing in the doorway?
(a) "Jackie, come in. Everything is fine now."
(b) "Jackie, come in. It's all over. You dad's come home."
(c) "Jackie, come in. Your fatehr is glad to see you."
(d) "Jackie, come in. Your father is ill."
3. What does Jack realize he is doing as he gets close to his father?
(a) He is smiling at his mother.
(b) He is crying like his father.
(c) He is looking at Phoebe.
(d) He is staggering to the couch.
4. What bus does Jack take to his music lessons?
(a) The Express.
(b) The Newark Express.
(c) The Bluebue.
(d) The Greenbus.
5. How does Jack feel about his father now that Dale has been gone for three weeks?
(a) He does not want his father to come home until fall.
(b) He is both hateful and envious.
(c) He does not understand what his father is doing.
(d) He is frightened and wants his father home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack to do avoid family togetherness since his father's return?
2. What does Jack notice about his father since his return home?
3. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
4. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
5. What does Mrs. Hawthorne do as she talks about Jack's horn playing?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)