|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yegudkin give his lessons on Saturdays?
(a) On the second floor of Killburn Hall.
(b) On the first floor of Killburn Hall.
(c) On the second floor of Seton Hall.
(d) On the first floor of Seton Hall.
2. What does Yegudkin do while Jack is playing the horn at his lesson?
(a) He hums along with the music.
(b) He sits quietly and listens.
(c) He sings and gestures.
(d) He points at the music and corrects Jack's playing.
3. What does the person in the barn say to him while he is working with the cows?
(a) "What time is it, Jackie?"
(b) "Can you look at this for me, Jack?"
(c) "You all right there, Jackie?"
(d) "Need any help, Jackie?"
4. Since his father has returned home, what does Jack do late at night?
(a) He takes his father's motorcycle and rides into town.
(b) He goes up to the haymow or the orchard and plays his horn.
(c) He dreams of joining the army.
(d) He calls his old school friends on the phone.
5. What other things does Dale read in public?
(a) Some of Jack's poetry written when he was younger.
(b) Some of his journal entries from his son's death.
(c) Some of his mother's journal entries during her son's death.
(d) Some of Phoebe's poems from second grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing Dale begins doing after being home for a month?
2. What does Jack think about while preparing the cow for the milking machine later in evening after his lunch with Phoebe?
3. How old is Yegudkin when we meet him?
4. How does Yegudkin's wife survive their ordeal?
5. What bus does Jack take to his music lessons?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)