|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say as he is united with his father?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I hate you."
(c) "I have missed you."
(d) "Welcome home."
2. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
(a) "The Weight of the World" and "Sufferers Be Still."
(b) "I Lean on the Lord" and "Why Must This Be?"
(c) "Tomorrow's Bridge" and "This Too Will Pass."
(d) "Bridge to Madison County" and "My Way."
3. After his return, what does Dale Hawthorne do while he recites in public?
(a) He cries and speaks carefully.
(b) He curses the gods.
(c) He avoids the eyes of his listeners.
(d) He gesticulates.
4. In what orchestra does Yegudkin play before he comes to New York?
(a) The orchestra of Brezhnev.
(b) The orchestra of Tsar Stalin.
(c) The orchestra of Lenin.
(d) The orchestra of Czar Nikolai.
5. How does Jack react to the answer Yegudkin gives him after playing the horn for his student?
(a) He blinks and smiles.
(b) He blinks and leaves the room.
(c) He blinks and begins to sob.
(d) He blinks and his legs go weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dale react to being home?
2. For what orchestra does Jack play?
3. What does Mrs. Hawthorne do as she talks about Jack's horn playing?
4. What does Jack know as he begins his walk down the street toward home?
5. Where do the Yegudkins live in America?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)