|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since his return home, what about Dale's public readings does Jack disdain?
(a) He scorns the poems and the way his father speaks to the listeners.
(b) He thinks his father is faking just to get attention.
(c) He dislikes the way his father creates fake accents when reading.
(d) He believes his father is being dishonest with people.
2. On what day are Jack's music lessons?
3. What does Jack to do avoid family togetherness since his father's return?
(a) He spends all his time locked in his room.
(b) He plays his French horn.
(c) He reads about foreign travels.
(d) He leaves on his father's motorcycle.
4. How does Jack feel when his aunt speaks to him in the living room?
(a) His eyes were wide open and he was screaming.
(b) His hands were shaking and he was laughing.
(c) His knees were weak and his heart was pounding.
(d) His back hurt and he tries to sit down.
5. What does Jack conclude about his teacher?
(a) Yegudkin loves America and hates Russia.
(b) Yegudkin hates America and misses Russia.
(c) Yegudkin hates both America and Russia.
(d) Yegudkin loves Russia and hates America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poems does Jack's father recite in public now that he has returned home?
2. What does Yegudkin say as he hands the horn to his student?
3. Where and when does Jack refuse to play his horn?
4. What is another thing Dale begins doing after being home for a month?
5. How does Jack feel about his mother and sister's reactions to Dale's readings in public?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)