Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
(a) They think he is being mean to his father.
(b) They believe there is nothing they can do about his isolation.
(c) They think he is not a good horn player.
(d) They know he will grow out of it.
2. How does Yegudkin react to the question Jack asks him when Yegudkin has finished playing?
(a) He laughs loudly and his eyes widen.
(b) He laughs loudly and says "no."
(c) He laughs loudly and turns to the graduate student.
(d) He laughs loudly and nudges Jack in the side.
3. What makes Jack turn his head and look up while he is thinking and preparing the cows for milking in the barn?
(a) His cousin asks him a question.
(b) One of the farmhands needs help.
(c) His mother come to talk to him.
(d) HIs uncle speaks to him.
4. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
(b) "My son."
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "I have missed you."
5. With whom does Jack take his horn lessons?
(a) Arcady Yegudkin.
(b) Arcady Yelliniski.
(c) Andrew Yegudski.
(d) Arcomb Yegadsky.
6. What bus does Jack take to his music lessons?
(a) The Express.
(b) The Newark Express.
(c) The Greenbus.
(d) The Bluebue.
7. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
(a) Reeds for instruments.
(b) Letters from family in Russia.
(c) Mouthpieces for horns.
(d) Tools for repairing horns.
8. When Jack opens the living room door, what is his father doing in the living room?
(a) Asking about the farm.
(b) Crying in his wife's lap.
(c) Laughing with his brothers.
(d) Talking to Phoebe.
9. How does Jack react to the answer Yegudkin gives him after playing the horn for his student?
(a) He blinks and his legs go weak.
(b) He blinks and leaves the room.
(c) He blinks and begins to sob.
(d) He blinks and smiles.
10. Who takes Yegudkin and his wife away from their home?
(a) The Polish National Army.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The Army of the United States.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
11. How does Jack feel when his aunt speaks to him in the living room?
(a) His back hurt and he tries to sit down.
(b) His knees were weak and his heart was pounding.
(c) His eyes were wide open and he was screaming.
(d) His hands were shaking and he was laughing.
12. What does the person in the barn say to him while he is working with the cows?
(a) "Need any help, Jackie?"
(b) "What time is it, Jackie?"
(c) "Can you look at this for me, Jack?"
(d) "You all right there, Jackie?"
13. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
(a) "Next lesson?"
(b) "Next week?"
(c) "Next month?"
(d) "Next Saturday?"
14. How does Jack feel about his father now that Dale has been gone for three weeks?
(a) He does not want his father to come home until fall.
(b) He does not understand what his father is doing.
(c) He is frightened and wants his father home.
(d) He is both hateful and envious.
15. How does Jack feel as he nears the homecoming scene?
(a) Dizzy and nauseated.
(b) Exhausted and childlike.
(c) Happy and grateful.
(d) Relieved and exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other things does Dale read in public?
2. What musical instrument is in the living room?
3. What does Jack say as he is united with his father?
4. What does Mrs. Hawthorne do as she talks about Jack's horn playing?
5. What position does Jack play in the orchestra?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)