|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only reason Jack's father does not make good on his motorcycle fantasies?
(a) Because his family would not collect the life insurance.
(b) Because of what it would do to his wife and family.
(c) Because he would not be able to see his family in prison.
(d) Because the farm has been in his family for generations.
2. How far is the Hawthorne farm from the nearest house?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) One mile.
3. Where does Jack sometimes find his father after the accident?
(a) Lying in bed drinking.
(b) Lying on the cow-barn floor crying.
(c) Lying on the couch watching tv.
(d) Lyning in the hammock in the back field.
4. What kinds of things does Jack's mother insist her children do?
(a) School, chores, music lessons, and art lessons.
(b) Music lessons, playdates with friends and early bedtimes.
(c) School, tennis lessons, chores, and laundry.
(d) Music lessons, school, church groups and chores.
5. What is one habit Jack's father takes up after the accident?
(a) Eating constantly.
(b) Talking in his sleep.
(c) Drinking beer all day.
(d) Chain smoking Lucky Strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack's father blame for his son's death?
2. What time of day is it when Jack brings in the herd from the upper pasture?
3. What is it that makes Jack crazy once his good feelings wear off?
4. What finally ruins Jack's fantasy stories when he is driving the tractor in the field?
5. In Dale's story, whose skull is Lord Byron trying to make into a drinking cup?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)