|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack notice about his sister as she is laying out the food?
(a) She is weak with hunger.
(b) She is falling asleep from exhaustion.
(c) She is crying and very unhappy.
(d) She is smiling and acting like she is playing house.
2. What does Jack drink from the thermos Phoebe brings him?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Cold milk.
(d) Iced water.
3. What happens to Jack when he has painful thoughts on the tractor?
(a) He stops the tractor and goes home for something to eat.
(b) He shakes in weakness and finally gets off the tractor to rest.
(c) He laughs it all off and drives the tractor home.
(d) He sobs and loses control of the tractor.
4. What does Jack to do avoid family togetherness since his father's return?
(a) He plays his French horn.
(b) He leaves on his father's motorcycle.
(c) He spends all his time locked in his room.
(d) He reads about foreign travels.
5. After the accident, what are the themes of Jack's stories?
(a) Running away to desert islands.
(b) Self-sacrifice and redemption.
(c) Murder and kidnapping.
(d) Super heroes and world domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Jack play in his made-up stories?
2. In Dale's story, whose skull is Lord Byron trying to make into a drinking cup?
3. What finally ruins Jack's fantasy stories when he is driving the tractor in the field?
4. To whom does Jack confide in and tell his tractor stories?
5. Since his father has returned home, what does Jack do late at night?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)