|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack when he is making up his stories?
(a) Milking the cows.
(b) Riding on the tractor at work.
(c) Sitting in his bed at night.
(d) In the shower.
2. How does Jack respond to Phoebe's question at the beginning of lunch?
(a) "I am fine for now."
(b) "No thank you."
(c) "Not really."
(d) "I'd rather be alone."
3. What does Phoebe ask Jack as he begins his lunch?
(a) If he wants to say grace.
(b) If he wants to join the others.
(c) If he wants a napkin.
(d) If he needs more to drink.
4. What is Phoebe's job after everyone has finished with lunch?
(a) To pick up everything, put it all in the basket, and bring the basket home.
(b) To pick up everything, throw it away, and go home.
(c) To leave the basket and the leftovers for Jack to bring back later.
(d) To fill the basket with dirty laundry and bring it home.
5. What does Jack tell the girls of his made-up stories?
(a) He confides in them about his anger at this father.
(b) He confesses to his desire to run away.
(c) He confesses his worthlessness and names his faults.
(d) He confides in them his fears about his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe give Jack besides his lunch?
2. What does Jack notice about his sister as she is laying out the food?
3. What is Phoebe doing in the kitchen when Jack comes in?
4. What does Jack finally contemplate while riding on the tractor telling his stories?
5. Who is working and helping to harvest the fields with Jack?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)