|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
(a) Jack gets very angry, but does not speak.
(b) Jack stands up and leaves.
(c) Jack gets very angry and yells at his father.
(d) Jack applauds loudly.
2. What is Jack indignant about when he is in the kitchen?
(a) Everyone talking too loudly.
(b) HIs mother is eating again.
(c) He is the only one working this hard.
(d) Everyone pretending eveything is ok.
3. To whom does Jack confide in and tell his tractor stories?
(a) No one.
(b) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
4. What do his co-workers accept about Dale Hawthorne since his son has died?
(a) HIs father's ways of handling his brother's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His father's refusal to work during harvest.
(d) His father's drinking.
5. What is the kitchen like in Jack's house?
(a) It is painted a dark blue.
(b) It is empty and dark.
(c) It is filled with people and the smell of food.
(d) It is a mess from the wind storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing Dale begins doing after being home for a month?
2. On what does Jack concentrate in order to regain his composure after his painful thoughts?
3. When Jack enters his home after riding the tractor home in the thunderstorm, how does he behave?
4. How does Jack respond to Phoebe's question at the beginning of lunch?
5. Who is working and helping to harvest the fields with Jack?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)