1. In the opening of the story, who dies in April?
(a) Daniel Hawthorne.
(b) David Hawthorne.
(c) John Hawthorne.
(d) Dale Hawthorne.
2. What is the victim riding when he falls off and is run over?
(a) The tractor.
(b) The trailor.
(c) The compactor.
(d) The cultipacker.
3. How old is the child when he dies?
4. How old is the character who accidentally kills the child?
5. How old is the youngest child at the time of the accident?
6. Where does Jack sometimes find his father after the accident?
(a) Lying in bed drinking.
(b) Lyning in the hammock in the back field.
(c) Lying on the couch watching tv.
(d) Lying on the cow-barn floor crying.
7. What kind of man is Jack's father?
(a) A kind and stupid man.
(b) A cruel and hateful man.
(c) A sensitive, intelligent dreamer.
(d) A silly and impetuous man.
This section contains 5,940 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)