1. In the opening of the story, who dies in April?
(a) Dale Hawthorne.
(b) Daniel Hawthorne.
(c) John Hawthorne.
(d) David Hawthorne.
2. What is the victim riding when he falls off and is run over?
(a) The trailor.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The cultipacker.
(d) The compactor.
3. How old is the child when he dies?
4. How old is the character who accidentally kills the child?
5. How old is the youngest child at the time of the accident?
6. Where does Jack sometimes find his father after the accident?
(a) Lying on the couch watching tv.
(b) Lyning in the hammock in the back field.
(c) Lying in bed drinking.
(d) Lying on the cow-barn floor crying.
7. What kind of man is Jack's father?
(a) A cruel and hateful man.
(b) A sensitive, intelligent dreamer.
(c) A silly and impetuous man.
(d) A kind and stupid man.
This section contains 5,940 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)