|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
2. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
3. What is the House of Magdalena?
4. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
5. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
2. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
3. Why does Angel begin to think that there is potential for a relationship between Michael and Miriam?
4. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
5. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
6. in Chapter 33, why and where does Paul go look for Angel? How does this journey effect him?
7. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
8. In Chapter 26, how does Elizabeth pregnancy influence Angel's opinion of herself and the future?
9. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
10. In Chapter 29 when Angel goes to San Francisco, how does God intervene to help her stay away from prostitution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare/contrast Michael and Angel's childhoods to that of the Altman children. Analyze their relationships with both parents, spiritual climate, and moral reinforcements and influences that they did/did not receive versus those received/not received by the Altmans. Be specific with examples, and make sure to compare the effect that these childhood experiences had on them as young adults.
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast Angel and Miriam Altman. Make sure to mention their childhoods, relationship with their parents, personalities, physical make-up, spiritual beliefs, and opinions concerning men, life, and God.
Essay Topic 3
When Angel left the valley for the last time, it was Paul that went to attempt to bring her home; Why? What did Angel and Paul learn about themselves and each other from their encounter in San Francisco? What was the end result?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)