|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
2. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
3. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
4. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
5. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
2. How does Duke compare himself to Michael in Chapter 30? What is Angel's opinion?
3. What is Michael's reaction to Angel's darkest secrets in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
5. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
6. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
7. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
8. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
9. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
10. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 2
From Angel's point of view, consider the love she received from her mother, the Duchess and Duke versus the love she experienced from Michael, the Altmans, and God.
Essay Topic 3
In addition to Angel, what other characters tried to escape their circumstances? What were the situations that they wanted to break away from, and how did they attempt to achieve this? Were they successful? Compare/contrast their experiences with Angel's as well as the end results.
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)