|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
2. Who walked forward with Angel when she wanted to accept Jesus as her Lord?
3. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
4. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
2. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
3. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
4. In San Francisco, Duke gives Angel a choice. She can either go back to her old role as prostitute, or she can become the manager of the girls. Which does she choose and why?
5. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
6. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
7. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
8. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
9. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
10. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Angel struggles with her self-worth and the belief that she will ever be able to do anything except prostitution. As she matures spiritually and emotionally, she tries new avenues of employment. Discuss these various jobs and how they change Angel's sense of value as she evolves from a prostitute to these other trades. Do these jobs have anything in common?
Essay Topic 2
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Compare/contrast the relationship between Paul and Miriam to that of Michael and Angel. Examine their courtship and marriage, as well as each couple's dynamics and temperaments. Consider them at their best and worst times as a couple. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)