|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
2. What was Susana's God Box?
3. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
4. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
2. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
3. in Chapter 33, why and where does Paul go look for Angel? How does this journey effect him?
4. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
5. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
6. In Chapter 29 when Angel goes to San Francisco, how does God intervene to help her stay away from prostitution?
7. What is the significance of Angel telling Michael that her real name is Sarah?
8. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
9. In Chapter 26, how does Elizabeth pregnancy influence Angel's opinion of herself and the future?
10. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the still, small voice that Angel hears to the voice that instills fear and reinforces her negative feelings of self-worth. Discuss the source of both voices and their goals concerning Angel's well-being. Give specific examples of what happens when she listens to each of them.
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast Michael and Angel's childhoods to that of the Altman children. Analyze their relationships with both parents, spiritual climate, and moral reinforcements and influences that they did/did not receive versus those received/not received by the Altmans. Be specific with examples, and make sure to compare the effect that these childhood experiences had on them as young adults.
Essay Topic 3
In addition to Angel, what other characters tried to escape their circumstances? What were the situations that they wanted to break away from, and how did they attempt to achieve this? Were they successful? Compare/contrast their experiences with Angel's as well as the end results.
This section contains 1,517 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)