|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
2. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
3. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
4. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
5. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
2. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
3. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
4. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
5. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
6. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
7. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
8. In Chapter 22, Angel gets a glimpse of a talent other than prostitution that might help her to make a living. How did she discover it, what is it, and where does she put it to use?
9. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
10. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, unforgiving Paul is the foil to Michael's God-like portrayal of grace. Compare and contrast these two characters, and discuss how both Paul and Michael have evolved by the end of the book. Give specific examples of their spiritual growth and the effect that it has on those around them.
Essay Topic 2
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 3
What were Angels earliest experiences with the church and God? How did these shape her views of Christianity, Christians and preachers/priests? How did these opinions evolve? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)