|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
2. From whom did Miriam say she learned her courage?
3. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
4. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
5. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In San Francisco, Duke gives Angel a choice. She can either go back to her old role as prostitute, or she can become the manager of the girls. Which does she choose and why?
2. What is Michael's reaction to Angel's darkest secrets in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
4. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
5. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
6. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
7. In Chapter 22, Angel gets a glimpse of a talent other than prostitution that might help her to make a living. How did she discover it, what is it, and where does she put it to use?
8. What is the significance of Angel telling Michael that her real name is Sarah?
9. In Chapter 26, how does Elizabeth pregnancy influence Angel's opinion of herself and the future?
10. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare/contrast Michael and Angel's childhoods to that of the Altman children. Analyze their relationships with both parents, spiritual climate, and moral reinforcements and influences that they did/did not receive versus those received/not received by the Altmans. Be specific with examples, and make sure to compare the effect that these childhood experiences had on them as young adults.
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast the relationship between Paul and Miriam to that of Michael and Angel. Examine their courtship and marriage, as well as each couple's dynamics and temperaments. Consider them at their best and worst times as a couple. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Angel, Michael, and Johnathan Axel heed the directions of that still, small voice miraculous things happen, even lives are saved. Give specific examples of incidents when each of these characters have followed that voice and the results that ensued.
This section contains 1,506 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)