|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
2. Who did Angel ask to run Magdalena?
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
4. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
5. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast Angel and Miriam Altman. Make sure to mention their childhoods, relationship with their parents, personalities, physical make-up, spiritual beliefs, and opinions concerning men, life, and God.
Essay Topic 3
As a child, how do Angel's father figures (both Alex Stafford, "Uncle" Rab, and even Duke) shape who she is as a young adult, her feelings of self-worth, and what she becomes? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)