Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
2. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
3. How did Angel's father die?
4. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
5. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, Michael is portrayed as a God-like character, full of love, grace, and mercy. However, he is not perfect and has many flaws. Discuss what these flaws are and how his character grows and matures throughout the book. Compare the man he is at the beginning of the novel to the man he becomes.
Essay Topic 2
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How does unforgiveness and feelings of self-loathing shape the attitudes, perspectives, and personalities of Paul and Angel? Discuss how these feelings change and what specifically influences these emotions for better or worse.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)