|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
2. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
3. How did Angel's father die?
4. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
5. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
Essay Topic 1
When Angel, Michael, and Johnathan Axel heed the directions of that still, small voice miraculous things happen, even lives are saved. Give specific examples of incidents when each of these characters have followed that voice and the results that ensued.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, unforgiving Paul is the foil to Michael's God-like portrayal of grace. Compare and contrast these two characters, and discuss how both Paul and Michael have evolved by the end of the book. Give specific examples of their spiritual growth and the effect that it has on those around them.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Angel struggles with her self-worth and the belief that she will ever be able to do anything except prostitution. As she matures spiritually and emotionally, she tries new avenues of employment. Discuss these various jobs and how they change Angel's sense of value as she evolves from a prostitute to these other trades. Do these jobs have anything in common?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)