|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
2. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
3. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
4. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
5. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Angel arrives in Pair-a-Dice in Chapter 15, what does she discover about the Palace and it's former employees?
2. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
4. Concerning the relationship between Angel and Michael, what foreshadowing appears in Chapter Ten?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
6. Chapter Eight finds Angel slowly recovering physically under the quiet care of Michael Hosea. How is she doing emotionally? Why?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
8. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
9. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
10. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare/contrast Angel and Miriam Altman. Make sure to mention their childhoods, relationship with their parents, personalities, physical make-up, spiritual beliefs, and opinions concerning men, life, and God.
Essay Topic 2
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 3
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)