|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
2. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
3. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
4. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, Angel and Michael have an argument and he is pleased with her anger. Why?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
3. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
4. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
6. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
7. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
8. As the Altmans' visit continues in Chapter 20, Michael becomes concerned with Angel's growing attachment to them. How does Michael try to remedy this?
9. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
10. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Biblical Book of Hosea compare to Francine Rivers' version of the story of the Hoseas? As you compare/contrast the two stories, include the setting, main characters and plot line, specifically the resolution.
Essay Topic 2
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 3
When Angel left the valley for the last time, it was Paul that went to attempt to bring her home; Why? What did Angel and Paul learn about themselves and each other from their encounter in San Francisco? What was the end result?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)