|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angel feel about the camaraderie between the Altmans?
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
3. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
4. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
5. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
2. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
3. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
4. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
5. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
6. In Chapter 17 Angel is unable to accept Michael's forgiveness, so how does she try to atone for her sins?
7. When Angel arrives in Pair-a-Dice in Chapter 15, what does she discover about the Palace and it's former employees?
8. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
9. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
10. At the beginning of Chapter Six, Michael has been back in the valley only a short time since leaving Pair-a-Dice and Angel. What is he experiencing emotionally and/or mentally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast the relationship between Paul and Miriam to that of Michael and Angel. Examine their courtship and marriage, as well as each couple's dynamics and temperaments. Consider them at their best and worst times as a couple. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to most in the story? Why? Compare/contrast yourself to that character, include experiences, emotions, and coping mechanisms as well as any conclusions you are able to draw about him/her and yourself.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)