|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel says she's a door a thousand men have walked through, what does Michael say she is?
2. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
3. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
4. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
5. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angels interactions with the Altmans evolve in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
3. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
5. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
6. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
7. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
8. In Chapter 26, how does Elizabeth pregnancy influence Angel's opinion of herself and the future?
9. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
10. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
Essay Topic 2
As a child, how do Angel's father figures (both Alex Stafford, "Uncle" Rab, and even Duke) shape who she is as a young adult, her feelings of self-worth, and what she becomes? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Biblical Book of Hosea compare to Francine Rivers' version of the story of the Hoseas? As you compare/contrast the two stories, include the setting, main characters and plot line, specifically the resolution.
This section contains 2,251 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)