|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
3. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
4. Who did Michael tell Angel used to call him names?
5. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Angel wakes up in Michael's cabin, she asks him why he came back to Pair-a-Dice. What was his response and her reaction to it?
2. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
3. In this first chapter of the book, readers meet the adult version of the pretty, innocent little girl of the prologue. What type of woman has Sarah, now known exclusively as Angel, become?
4. When Angel arrives in Pair-a-Dice in Chapter 15, what does she discover about the Palace and it's former employees?
5. In Chapter 19 how does Angel's relationship with Michael begin to change?
6. In Chapter 15, what is Michael's reaction to Angel's activities in Pair-a-Dice? What is Angel's response to this?
7. In Chapter 14 what is Paul's initial reaction to the news that Michael has a wife? What is his reaction to Angel?
8. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
9. When Michael takes Angel to Sacramento for the first time, how is Angel treated?
10. In Chapter 18 when Angel first begins to spend time with the Altman family, what does she think of them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More than once in the story, Angel reflects on what her life and relationship might have been with Michael if her childhood experiences had been different. Explore those incidents, and then (like Michael did) reflect on why God might have allowed those things to occur. What possible consequences might there have been if Angel had never become Angel? Were there any benefits to her experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Compare/contrast Angel and Miriam Altman. Make sure to mention their childhoods, relationship with their parents, personalities, physical make-up, spiritual beliefs, and opinions concerning men, life, and God.
Essay Topic 3
What were Angels earliest experiences with the church and God? How did these shape her views of Christianity, Christians and preachers/priests? How did these opinions evolve? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)