|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
2. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
3. How is Paul related to Michael?
4. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
5. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Angel arrives in Pair-a-Dice in Chapter 15, what does she discover about the Palace and it's former employees?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Angel runs away the morning after she and Michael share the most intimate evening of her life. What is Michael's response to her planned departure, and what choice does he ask her to make?
3. In Chapter Two, why does Michael Hosea believe he is going to marry Angel? What initially attracts him to her? Does he have any reservations about his future wife?
4. When Michael leaves Angel at the brothel, Angel doesn't believe that he will ever return. At this point in the book, how does Angel feel about life in general?
5. Up to this point, Michael has only used the name Angel when he is extremely angry with her. In Chapter 18 what name does Angel use to refer to herself? What is the significance?
6. Readers find in Chapter Four that Michael has made numerous visits to Angel's room in attempt to make her his bride. She repeatedly refuses. How do Angel's coworkers feel about this? What is Angel's reaction?
7. Explain the difference in how Michael sees Angel and how Paul sees her.
8. Concerning the relationship between Angel and Michael, what foreshadowing appears in Chapter Ten?
9. In Chapter Eleven, Angel has a nightmare. What is it about, and how does Michael try to comfort her?
10. In Chapter Twelve, Michael cannot explain to Angel what he wants from her emotionally, and what he wishes their physical relationship would be like. Since he can't tell her, what does he do to show her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the still, small voice that Angel hears to the voice that instills fear and reinforces her negative feelings of self-worth. Discuss the source of both voices and their goals concerning Angel's well-being. Give specific examples of what happens when she listens to each of them.
Essay Topic 2
What is Angel's life like after she accepts and confesses Jesus as her personal savior? Give specific examples of how Angel's life changes and the plan for her life that God reveals to her.
Essay Topic 3
Compare/contrast the relationship between Paul and Miriam to that of Michael and Angel. Examine their courtship and marriage, as well as each couple's dynamics and temperaments. Consider them at their best and worst times as a couple. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)