|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
(a) He died in a hunting accident.
(b) He ran off with another woman.
(c) He was stabbed to death in an alley.
(d) He was murdered while mining.
2. Where did Angel want Michael to find a husband for Miriam?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
3. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
4. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
(a) A note for Michael.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) A piece of corn.
(d) Her wedding ring.
5. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
(a) "He loves you as I love you; don't be afraid."
(b) "I have not given you a heart of fear."
(c) "You are weak, but I am strong."
(d) "Fear not, for I am with you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
2. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
4. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
5. Before he went hunting, what did Michael bring to the cabin for Angel to work on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
2. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
3. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
4. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
5. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
6. Why does Angel continue to make yearly visits to the House of Magdalena?
7. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
8. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
9. Why does Angel begin to think that there is potential for a relationship between Michael and Miriam?
10. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
This section contains 1,434 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)