|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "Come out of Egypt."
(b) "My words will fill your mouth."
(c) "Feed my sheep."
(d) "Come forth, beloved."
2. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
(a) Her obedience.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her faith.
4. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His shirt.
5. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
(a) He owns one of the largest casinos in San Francisco.
(b) He is a local politician with friends in high places.
(c) He is a loan shark with a dangerous and deadly reputation.
(d) He owns one of the biggest banks in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
2. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
3. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
4. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
5. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
2. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
3. Why does Angel continue to make yearly visits to the House of Magdalena?
4. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
5. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
6. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
7. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
8. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
9. How does Duke compare himself to Michael in Chapter 30? What is Angel's opinion?
10. In Chapter 22, Angel gets a glimpse of a talent other than prostitution that might help her to make a living. How did she discover it, what is it, and where does she put it to use?
This section contains 1,616 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)