|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
2. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(b) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(c) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(d) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
3. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) They went to Sacramento.
(b) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
(c) They adopted a new baby.
(d) Their first son was born.
4. How did Angel's father die?
(a) Duke murdered him.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) She killed him.
(d) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
5. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
(a) Clean face, braids, dressed in pastels and ribbons.
(b) Like a school marm, proper and polite.
(c) Long hair curled with a made-up face.
(d) Sophisticated and wordly in dressing gowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
2. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
3. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
4. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
5. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)