|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
(a) "All the time."
(c) "I can't answer that."
(d) "A few times."
3. How did Angel's father die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) Duke murdered him.
(c) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
(d) She killed him.
4. After Angel announced the birth of the Altman's son, what did John ask?
(a) "What did you say his name was?"
(b) "The lord has blessed me with a son."
(c) "Are you sure everthing's alright?"
(d) "Another baby boy! I knew it!"
5. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) Angel's birthday.
(b) The first day of winter.
(d) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
2. From whom did Miriam say she learned her courage?
3. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
4. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
5. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
2. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
3. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
4. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
5. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
6. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
7. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
8. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
9. Why does Angel begin to think that there is potential for a relationship between Michael and Miriam?
10. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)