|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) The first day of winter.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) New Years.
2. What did Angel, Miriam, and Michael sing into at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A well.
(c) A fireplace.
(d) A tin cup.
3. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
(a) He owns one of the biggest banks in San Francisco.
(b) He owns one of the largest casinos in San Francisco.
(c) He is a loan shark with a dangerous and deadly reputation.
(d) He is a local politician with friends in high places.
4. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
(b) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(c) To be a bright light in a dark world.
(d) To make a home for her husband and family.
5. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(d) Apple pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
2. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
3. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
4. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
5. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
2. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
3. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
4. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
5. What is the significance of Angel telling Michael that her real name is Sarah?
6. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
7. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
8. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
9. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
10. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)