|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegraph.
(c) A dream.
2. What happened to Harper's Cafe?
(a) It was sold.
(b) It expanded.
(c) It burned.
(d) It went bankrupt.
3. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
(a) Dressing a chicken for dinner.
(b) Catching a Godly man.
(c) Making apple sauce.
(d) Getting Ruthie out of a tree.
4. How did Angel's father die?
(a) Duke murdered him.
(b) She killed him.
(c) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
(d) He committed suicide.
5. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
(b) Mashed potatoes.
(d) Green beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
2. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
3. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
4. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
5. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
2. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
3. Why does Angel begin to think that there is potential for a relationship between Michael and Miriam?
4. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
5. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
6. Why does Angel continue to make yearly visits to the House of Magdalena?
7. What is Michael's reaction to Angel's darkest secrets in Chapter 21?
8. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
9. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
10. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)