|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(b) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
2. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
3. What happened to Harper's Cafe?
(a) It expanded.
(b) It went bankrupt.
(c) It was sold.
(d) It burned.
4. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
(b) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(c) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(d) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
5. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
(a) Green beans.
(c) Mashed potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
2. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
3. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
4. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
5. How did Angel's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. in Chapter 33, why and where does Paul go look for Angel? How does this journey effect him?
2. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
3. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
4. In San Francisco, Duke gives Angel a choice. She can either go back to her old role as prostitute, or she can become the manager of the girls. Which does she choose and why?
5. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
6. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
7. How does Duke compare himself to Michael in Chapter 30? What is Angel's opinion?
8. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
9. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
10. In Chapter 22, Angel gets a glimpse of a talent other than prostitution that might help her to make a living. How did she discover it, what is it, and where does she put it to use?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)