|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
(a) "My, how you've grown."
(b) "Goodness, I've missed you."
(c) "You're a sight for sore eyes."
(d) "There's no place like home."
2. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
3. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) The Altman's example.
(b) Paul's change of heart.
(c) God's voice.
(d) Michael's smile.
4. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Mending clothes.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Cleaning windows.
5. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
(a) In a brothel.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a small cafe.
(d) In a local bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
2. What did Angel do to feel ashamed after running away for the third time?
3. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
4. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
5. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Angel gets a glimpse of a talent other than prostitution that might help her to make a living. How did she discover it, what is it, and where does she put it to use?
2. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
3. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
4. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
5. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
6. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
7. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
8. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
9. Why does Angel continue to make yearly visits to the House of Magdalena?
10. in Chapter 33, why and where does Paul go look for Angel? How does this journey effect him?
This section contains 1,415 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)