|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(d) Green beans.
2. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
(a) He was murdered while mining.
(b) He was stabbed to death in an alley.
(c) He ran off with another woman.
(d) He died in a hunting accident.
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked if it bothered him when men stared at her?
(b) "I'm flattered."
4. What was in the pocket-sized packet that Miriam give to Michael for Angel?
(a) A scripture about love.
(b) Seeds for a flower garden.
(c) A poem about sisterhood.
(d) A jeweled hair comb.
5. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "Come forth, beloved."
(b) "My words will fill your mouth."
(c) "Come out of Egypt."
(d) "Feed my sheep."
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point Angel wanted to leave Sacramento. Where did Angel want to run away to next?
2. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
3. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
4. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
2. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
3. In Chapter 28 as Angel prepares to leave Michael for the fourth time, how are her motives completely different than in the past?
4. What is Michael's reaction to Angel's darkest secrets in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
6. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
7. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
8. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
9. What is the significance of Angel telling Michael that her real name is Sarah?
10. Why does Angel begin to think that there is potential for a relationship between Michael and Miriam?
This section contains 1,428 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)