|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Angel ask to run Magdalena?
2. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
(a) "It feels like I'm drowning."
(b) "It feels like you're ripping my heart out."
(c) "It feels strange; I've never felt it before."
(d) "It feels wonderful like a spring rain."
3. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
4. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Michael was coming for the stove.
(b) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(c) Meribah hurt her back.
(d) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
5. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(b) Apple pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
2. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
3. How often did Angel return to the House of Magdalena?
4. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
5. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
2. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
3. in Chapter 33, why and where does Paul go look for Angel? How does this journey effect him?
4. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
5. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
6. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
7. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
8. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
9. By the end of Chapter 33, how has Angel's character evolved from the beginning of the book?
10. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)