|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tutored Angel?
(a) Jonathan Axle.
(b) Susanna Axle.
(c) Elizabeth Altman.
(d) Miriam Altman.
2. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
(c) Her father.
3. Where did Angel want Michael to find a husband for Miriam?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(b) Apple pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
2. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
3. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
4. What is the House of Magdalena?
5. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Angel telling Michael that her real name is Sarah?
2. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
3. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
4. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
5. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
6. In Chapter 29 when Angel goes to San Francisco, how does God intervene to help her stay away from prostitution?
7. What does Paul think of Miriam? What is his reaction to her and why?
8. What is Michael's reaction to Angel's darkest secrets in Chapter 21?
9. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
10. How does Angel discover Elizabeth's opinions concerning whom Miriam is in love with? What is Angel's reaction?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)