|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
(a) He wanted to return to mining.
(b) He was in love with Miriam.
(c) John made an offer to buy his land.
(d) Michael made an offer to buy his land.
2. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "My words will fill your mouth."
(b) "Come forth, beloved."
(c) "Feed my sheep."
(d) "Come out of Egypt."
3. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(b) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(c) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(d) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
4. What did the Altman's celebrate at the first gathering in their new home?
(a) Miriam's birthday.
(b) Elizabeth's pregnancy.
(c) Spring planting.
(d) The new well.
5. Who finally went to get Angel after she ran away for the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Duke forced Angel out on stage, what did she sing?
2. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
3. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
4. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
5. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
3. How does Duke compare himself to Michael in Chapter 30? What is Angel's opinion?
4. In Chapter 31, two people heeded God's voice. Who were they and what was the result?
5. What happens in Chapter 23 after Michael has retrieved Angel for the second time?
6. In Chapter 21, why does Angel attempt to push Michael away from her, and how does she hope to accomplish this?
7. When Duke drags Angel away from the cafe and takes her to his home, what does Angel do that seems to put Duke on edge?
8. What foreshadowing takes place in Chapter 25 concerning Angel's worshipful adoration of Michael?
9. In Chapter 22, does Angel's love for Michael change while she is away from him?
10. In Chapter 27, where is Angel when she hears God's voice, and what does He tell her?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)