|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(b) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
2. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
(a) Making apple sauce.
(b) Catching a Godly man.
(c) Getting Ruthie out of a tree.
(d) Dressing a chicken for dinner.
3. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Paul Simon.
(b) Michael Paul.
(c) Murphy Joe.
(d) Benjamin Michael.
4. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because of the power she gave him.
(b) Because he loved her.
(c) Because of her beauty and grace.
(d) Because he wanted her close.
5. What is the House of Magdalena?
(a) A boarding house for women of ill repute.
(b) A house for single mothers who need assistance.
(c) A home for fallen women who want to change their lives.
(d) A schoolhouse for children of prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
2. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
3. What happened to Harper's Cafe?
4. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
5. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Angel and Michael are alone in Joseph Hochschild's store in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 29 when Angel has gone to San Francisco, why does Michael refuse to go after her?
3. What effect does Elizabeth asking Angel to be her midwife have on Angel?
4. In Chapter 28, the Hoseas celebrate Christmas at the Altmans, and Michael reads the Christmas story. What is Angel's reaction to the story?
5. How is the timing of Michael and Ange's deaths significant?
6. In Chapter 32, what is the conflict between newlyweds Miriam and Paul?
7. In Chapter 27 as Elizabeth gives birth, what is Angel's emotional reaction?
8. In Chapter 32, how does Angel find her true calling?
9. In Chapter 29 when Angel goes to San Francisco, how does God intervene to help her stay away from prostitution?
10. In Chapter 34, what does Angel do when she sees Michael for the first time in several years?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)