|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Miriam say she learned her courage?
2. What was Jonathan's reply when Angel asked him, "Where do I go from here?"
(a) "Home is always a soft place to land."
(b) "That's up to you and your husband."
(c) "As long as you don't back, you'll be fine."
(d) "That's up to you and the Lord."
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(b) What are you talking about?
4. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To be a bright light in a dark world.
(b) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(c) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
(d) To make a home for her husband and family.
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
(a) "I've committed adultery."
(b) "I've committed murder."
(c) "I've never done anything."
(d) "I've loved you."
6. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
(a) To act as her midwife.
(b) To tend to the garden.
(c) To take care of the children.
(d) To mend the clothes.
7. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Meribah hurt her back.
(b) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(c) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(d) Michael was coming for the stove.
8. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) God's voice.
(b) Paul's change of heart.
(c) The Altman's example.
(d) Michael's smile.
9. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) New Years.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) The first day of winter.
10. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) They adopted a new baby.
(b) Their first son was born.
(c) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
(d) They went to Sacramento.
11. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His hat.
12. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(b) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(c) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
(d) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
13. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A dream.
(d) A letter.
14. What is the reason Miriam thinks that Paul doesn't like Angel?
(a) She thinks Paul believes Angel is trouble.
(b) She thinks Paul was in love with Angel once.
(c) She thinks Paul doesn't like Angel's work ethic.
(d) She thinks Paul is jealous of Angel.
15. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
2. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
3. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
4. Who finally went to get Angel after she ran away for the third time?
5. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)