|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
2. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
(a) Telling him the truth about her relationship with her father.
(b) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Paul.
(c) Telling him the truth about her relationship with God.
(d) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Duke.
3. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
4. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
(a) Let his horse loose.
(b) Ask him to stay.
(c) Destroyed his crops.
(d) Moved in with him.
5. Who walked forward with Angel when she wanted to accept Jesus as her Lord?
(a) Susanna Axle.
(b) Jonathan Axle.
(c) Michael Hosea.
(d) Miriam Altman.
6. What is the House of Magdalena?
(a) A schoolhouse for children of prostitutes.
(b) A home for fallen women who want to change their lives.
(c) A house for single mothers who need assistance.
(d) A boarding house for women of ill repute.
7. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
8. How often did Angel return to the House of Magdalena?
(a) One week each year.
(b) For one month out of the year.
(c) A few days a month.
(d) Once every five years.
9. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
(a) Her body.
(b) Her obedience.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her name.
10. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) God's voice.
(b) The Altman's example.
(c) Michael's smile.
(d) Paul's change of heart.
11. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(a) Miriam Altman.
(b) Sam Teal.
12. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Murphy Joe.
(b) Paul Simon.
(c) Michael Paul.
(d) Benjamin Michael.
13. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(d) Mrs. Hosea.
14. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(b) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
15. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
(a) "It's about time."
(b) "I'm very pleased to meet you. Finally."
(c) "I've waited so long for you. Come here."
(d) "You will always be Amanda to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
2. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
3. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
4. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
5. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)