|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) Paul's change of heart.
(b) God's voice.
(c) Michael's smile.
(d) The Altman's example.
2. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because he loved her.
(b) Because of the power she gave him.
(c) Because he wanted her close.
(d) Because of her beauty and grace.
3. At one point Angel wanted to leave Sacramento. Where did Angel want to run away to next?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
(b) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(c) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(d) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(d) What are you talking about?
6. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(b) Miriam Altman.
(d) Sam Teal.
7. What was Susana's God Box?
(a) A carved box with songs and hymns of praise.
(b) A hat box full of prayer requests.
(c) A piece of luggage full of hopes for the future.
(d) A jewelry box full of scriptures.
8. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hat.
9. What is the House of Magdalena?
(a) A boarding house for women of ill repute.
(b) A home for fallen women who want to change their lives.
(c) A house for single mothers who need assistance.
(d) A schoolhouse for children of prostitutes.
10. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
(a) "I've never done anything."
(b) "I've committed adultery."
(c) "I've loved you."
(d) "I've committed murder."
11. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(c) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(d) "You saved me again."
12. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Paul's gift of candy.
(b) Her father's gift of a shovel.
(c) Michael's gift of a book.
(d) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
13. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(b) The local brothel.
(c) Last Chance Livery.
(d) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
14. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
(a) Angel's birthday.
(d) New Years.
15. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(d) Mrs. Hosea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
2. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
3. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
4. What was Jonathan's reply when Angel asked him, "Where do I go from here?"
5. When Duke forced Angel out on stage, what did she sing?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)