|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Miriam say she learned her courage?
2. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "Feed my sheep."
(b) "Come out of Egypt."
(c) "My words will fill your mouth."
(d) "Come forth, beloved."
3. Where did Angel go when she ran away the third time?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
4. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
(a) "I've waited so long for you. Come here."
(b) "It's about time."
(c) "I'm very pleased to meet you. Finally."
(d) "You will always be Amanda to me."
5. Who finally went to get Angel after she ran away for the third time?
6. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
(a) Like a school marm, proper and polite.
(b) Clean face, braids, dressed in pastels and ribbons.
(c) Long hair curled with a made-up face.
(d) Sophisticated and wordly in dressing gowns.
7. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
(a) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Paul.
(b) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Duke.
(c) Telling him the truth about her relationship with her father.
(d) Telling him the truth about her relationship with God.
8. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
(a) Her body.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her obedience.
9. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His hat.
10. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) Angel's birthday.
(b) New Years.
(c) The first day of winter.
11. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
(c) The valley.
(d) To heaven.
12. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
13. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
(a) How to get a husband and children of her own.
(b) What traits he thought were attractive in a woman.
(c) How to convince her father to give her more freedom.
(d) What home-cooked goods would get a man's attention.
14. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
15. Before he went hunting, what did Michael bring to the cabin for Angel to work on?
(a) Several fresh chickens for dressing.
(b) Several bushels of apples for canning.
(c) Several heavy sacks of walnuts for shelling.
(d) Several heavy sacks of dried corn for shelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
2. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
3. Who walked forward with Angel when she wanted to accept Jesus as her Lord?
4. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
5. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)