|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(b) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
(c) To make a home for her husband and family.
(d) To be a bright light in a dark world.
2. What did Michael bring for Angel from his trip to town in Chapter 26?
(a) A comb for her hair.
(b) New curtains.
(c) A Bible of her own.
3. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
(a) "It feels like you're ripping my heart out."
(b) "It feels wonderful like a spring rain."
(c) "It feels strange; I've never felt it before."
(d) "It feels like I'm drowning."
4. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
(b) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
(c) To the Altmans for counseling.
(d) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
(a) "I've committed murder."
(b) "I've committed adultery."
(c) "I've never done anything."
(d) "I've loved you."
6. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
(b) The valley.
(d) To heaven.
7. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(d) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
8. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
9. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked if it bothered him when men stared at her?
(b) "I'm flattered."
10. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(c) What are you talking about?
11. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) They went to Sacramento.
(b) They adopted a new baby.
(c) Their first son was born.
(d) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
12. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) Paul's change of heart.
(b) The Altman's example.
(c) God's voice.
(d) Michael's smile.
13. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(b) The first day of winter.
(c) Angel's birthday.
(d) New Years.
14. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because of her beauty and grace.
(b) Because he loved her.
(c) Because he wanted her close.
(d) Because of the power she gave him.
15. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
(a) "It's about time."
(b) "You will always be Amanda to me."
(c) "I've waited so long for you. Come here."
(d) "I'm very pleased to meet you. Finally."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
2. What was Susana's God Box?
3. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
4. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
5. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)