|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jonathan's reply when Angel asked him, "Where do I go from here?"
(a) "That's up to you and the Lord."
(b) "Home is always a soft place to land."
(c) "As long as you don't back, you'll be fine."
(d) "That's up to you and your husband."
2. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(b) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
3. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
(b) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(c) To the Altmans for counseling.
(d) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
4. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "You saved me again."
(b) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(c) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(d) "I love you."
5. Where did Angel go when she ran away the third time?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
6. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Her father's gift of a shovel.
(b) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
(c) Paul's gift of candy.
(d) Michael's gift of a book.
7. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
(a) To take care of the children.
(b) To mend the clothes.
(c) To tend to the garden.
(d) To act as her midwife.
8. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
(a) He is a local politician with friends in high places.
(b) He is a loan shark with a dangerous and deadly reputation.
(c) He owns one of the largest casinos in San Francisco.
(d) He owns one of the biggest banks in San Francisco.
9. What is the House of Magdalena?
(a) A boarding house for women of ill repute.
(b) A house for single mothers who need assistance.
(c) A home for fallen women who want to change their lives.
(d) A schoolhouse for children of prostitutes.
10. Who tutored Angel?
(a) Jonathan Axle.
(b) Susanna Axle.
(c) Miriam Altman.
(d) Elizabeth Altman.
11. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
12. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
13. What woke Angel from a dream about God?
(a) The guard knocking at the door, delivering a meal.
(b) Duke speaking and a child crying in the next room.
(c) A drunk man yelling and roaming the hall outside.
(d) The dancing girls singing downstairs to a full house.
14. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(a) Apple pies.
15. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
(a) Do what he says or he'll kill Michael.
(b) Do what he says or die.
(c) Manage the girls or become one of them.
(d) Be his mistress or become a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Miriam thinks that Paul doesn't like Angel?
2. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
4. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
5. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)