|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point Angel wanted to leave Sacramento. Where did Angel want to run away to next?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Kansas City.
2. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) A stranger.
3. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because he loved her.
(b) Because of her beauty and grace.
(c) Because of the power she gave him.
(d) Because he wanted her close.
4. What was Angel's real name?
5. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(b) What are you talking about?
6. How did Angel's father die?
(a) Duke murdered him.
(b) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
(c) She killed him.
(d) He committed suicide.
7. What did Michael bring for Angel from his trip to town in Chapter 26?
(a) New curtains.
(b) A comb for her hair.
(d) A Bible of her own.
8. After Angel announced the birth of the Altman's son, what did John ask?
(a) "Are you sure everthing's alright?"
(b) "What did you say his name was?"
(c) "Another baby boy! I knew it!"
(d) "The lord has blessed me with a son."
9. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His Bible.
10. What happened to Harper's Cafe?
(a) It expanded.
(b) It was sold.
(c) It burned.
(d) It went bankrupt.
11. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
(a) "You're a sight for sore eyes."
(b) "Goodness, I've missed you."
(c) "There's no place like home."
(d) "My, how you've grown."
12. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
13. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
(a) "It's about time."
(b) "I've waited so long for you. Come here."
(c) "You will always be Amanda to me."
(d) "I'm very pleased to meet you. Finally."
14. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
(a) Telling him the truth about her relationship with her father.
(b) Telling him the truth about her relationship with God.
(c) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Duke.
(d) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Paul.
15. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) God's voice.
(b) Paul's change of heart.
(c) The Altman's example.
(d) Michael's smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
2. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
3. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
4. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
5. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)