|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
2. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
(a) What home-cooked goods would get a man's attention.
(b) What traits he thought were attractive in a woman.
(c) How to get a husband and children of her own.
(d) How to convince her father to give her more freedom.
3. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(b) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
4. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
(d) A stranger.
5. What is the reason Miriam thinks that Paul doesn't like Angel?
(a) She thinks Paul believes Angel is trouble.
(b) She thinks Paul doesn't like Angel's work ethic.
(c) She thinks Paul was in love with Angel once.
(d) She thinks Paul is jealous of Angel.
6. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
(a) John made an offer to buy his land.
(b) He wanted to return to mining.
(c) He was in love with Miriam.
(d) Michael made an offer to buy his land.
7. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To make a home for her husband and family.
(b) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
(c) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(d) To be a bright light in a dark world.
8. What did Angel, Miriam, and Michael sing into at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) A fireplace.
(b) A barrel.
(c) A tin cup.
(d) A well.
9. What was Angel's real name?
10. What was the one gift Angel could give Michael?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her obedience.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her body.
11. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Murphy Joe.
(b) Michael Paul.
(c) Paul Simon.
(d) Benjamin Michael.
12. What did the Altman's celebrate at the first gathering in their new home?
(a) The new well.
(b) Elizabeth's pregnancy.
(c) Miriam's birthday.
(d) Spring planting.
13. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
(a) In a small cafe.
(b) In a local bar.
(c) In a brothel.
(d) In a hotel.
14. Who did Angel ask to run Magdalena?
15. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
(a) "You are weak, but I am strong."
(b) "Fear not, for I am with you."
(c) "I have not given you a heart of fear."
(d) "He loves you as I love you; don't be afraid."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
2. What is the House of Magdalena?
3. At one point Angel wanted to leave Sacramento. Where did Angel want to run away to next?
4. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
5. When Duke said, "No one could ever touch you," what was Angel's reply?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)