Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(b) The first day of winter.
(c) New Years.
(d) Angel's birthday.
2. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
(a) "There's no place like home."
(b) "Goodness, I've missed you."
(c) "You're a sight for sore eyes."
(d) "My, how you've grown."
3. How did Angel's father die?
(a) Duke murdered him.
(b) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
(c) She killed him.
(d) He committed suicide.
4. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "You saved me again."
(b) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(c) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(d) "I love you."
5. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
(a) In a brothel.
(b) In a small cafe.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a local bar.
6. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(b) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
(c) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(d) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
7. From whom did Miriam say she learned her courage?
8. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
(a) Meribah hurt her back.
(b) That she had to prove she was worth the pay.
(c) There wouldn't be money to pay her until later.
(d) Michael was coming for the stove.
9. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
(a) "I have not given you a heart of fear."
(b) "He loves you as I love you; don't be afraid."
(c) "You are weak, but I am strong."
(d) "Fear not, for I am with you."
10. How did Duke require his mistress to look?
(a) Clean face, braids, dressed in pastels and ribbons.
(b) Like a school marm, proper and polite.
(c) Long hair curled with a made-up face.
(d) Sophisticated and wordly in dressing gowns.
11. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
(a) "It feels wonderful like a spring rain."
(b) "It feels like you're ripping my heart out."
(c) "It feels strange; I've never felt it before."
(d) "It feels like I'm drowning."
12. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
(b) To the Altmans for counseling.
(c) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(d) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
13. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
14. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
15. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
(a) "A few times."
(c) "I can't answer that."
(d) "All the time."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael bring for Angel from his trip to town in Chapter 26?
2. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
3. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
4. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
5. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)