|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Michael and Angel's wishes, what marked their graves?
(a) Simple wooden crosses.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) One headstone.
(d) A granite angel.
2. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
(b) What are you talking about?
3. How often did Angel return to the House of Magdalena?
(a) A few days a month.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) For one month out of the year.
(d) One week each year.
4. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
5. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
(a) To heaven.
(b) The valley.
6. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
(a) Within a year.
(b) Within six months.
(c) Within a week.
(d) Within a month.
7. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(a) The Duchess.
(c) A stranger.
8. What did the Altman's celebrate at the first gathering in their new home?
(a) Elizabeth's pregnancy.
(b) The new well.
(c) Spring planting.
(d) Miriam's birthday.
9. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To the Altmans for counseling.
(b) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
(c) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(d) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
10. Who finally went to get Angel after she ran away for the third time?
11. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
(a) Ask him to stay.
(b) Destroyed his crops.
(c) Let his horse loose.
(d) Moved in with him.
12. What woke Angel from a dream about God?
(a) A drunk man yelling and roaming the hall outside.
(b) The guard knocking at the door, delivering a meal.
(c) Duke speaking and a child crying in the next room.
(d) The dancing girls singing downstairs to a full house.
13. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Mending clothes.
(b) Scrubbing the floor.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Cleaning windows.
14. What did Angel, Miriam, and Michael sing into at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) A well.
(b) A fireplace.
(c) A barrel.
(d) A tin cup.
15. Who tutored Angel?
(a) Jonathan Axle.
(b) Elizabeth Altman.
(c) Miriam Altman.
(d) Susanna Axle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
2. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
3. Who does Angel and Elizabeth think that Miriam is in love with?
4. Who did Angel ask to run Magdalena?
5. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)