|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
2. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
(a) New Years.
(b) Angel's birthday.
3. What did Michael bring for Angel from his trip to town in Chapter 26?
(a) A Bible of her own.
(c) A comb for her hair.
(d) New curtains.
4. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His Bible.
5. After Angel announced the birth of the Altman's son, what did John ask?
(a) "The lord has blessed me with a son."
(b) "Are you sure everthing's alright?"
(c) "Another baby boy! I knew it!"
(d) "What did you say his name was?"
6. Why did Angel run away from Michael a second time?
(a) She fell in love with Michael.
(b) The Altmans discovered the truth about her past.
(c) Paul kept trying to intimidate her.
(d) Michael expected too much from her.
7. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
(c) Her father.
8. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
(a) He was murdered while mining.
(b) He was stabbed to death in an alley.
(c) He ran off with another woman.
(d) He died in a hunting accident.
9. Where did Angel want Michael to find a husband for Miriam?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
10. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
(a) To take care of the children.
(b) To act as her midwife.
(c) To tend to the garden.
(d) To mend the clothes.
11. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
(a) A piece of corn.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) A note for Michael.
(d) Her Bible.
12. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
(b) The valley.
(c) To heaven.
13. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
14. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "My words will fill your mouth."
(b) "Come forth, beloved."
(c) "Come out of Egypt."
(d) "Feed my sheep."
15. According to Michael and Angel's wishes, what marked their graves?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) One headstone.
(c) A granite angel.
(d) Simple wooden crosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
2. What woke Angel from a dream about God?
3. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
4. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
5. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)