|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(c) Sam Teal.
(d) Miriam Altman.
2. Who tutored Angel?
(a) Susanna Axle.
(b) Elizabeth Altman.
(c) Miriam Altman.
(d) Jonathan Axle.
3. What did Michael bring for Angel from his trip to town in Chapter 26?
(a) A Bible of her own.
(b) New curtains.
(c) A comb for her hair.
4. When Duke said, "No one could ever touch you," what was Angel's reply?
(a) "Michael did."
(b) "You did."
(c) "No one!"
(d) "Least of all you."
5. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
6. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(d) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
7. What was Angel's real name?
8. Who did Angel ask to run Magdalena?
9. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(b) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
(c) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(d) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
10. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
(a) He ran off with another woman.
(b) He was stabbed to death in an alley.
(c) He was murdered while mining.
(d) He died in a hunting accident.
11. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
(a) "I can't answer that."
(c) "All the time."
(d) "A few times."
12. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(b) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(c) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(d) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
13. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
(a) A jar of homemade applesauce.
(b) A cornhusk doll with yarn hair.
(c) A dried-flower garland with satin ribbons.
(d) A new apron with delicate lace.
14. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) Paul's change of heart.
(b) God's voice.
(c) The Altman's example.
(d) Michael's smile.
15. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
(a) "You are weak, but I am strong."
(b) "Fear not, for I am with you."
(c) "He loves you as I love you; don't be afraid."
(d) "I have not given you a heart of fear."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
2. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
3. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
4. Why did Paul want to leave the valley?
5. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)