|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The Duchess.
2. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
3. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
(b) A dream.
(c) A telegraph.
(d) A letter.
4. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
(a) Angel's birthday.
(d) New Years.
5. What happened to Cherry after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(b) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(c) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
(d) She settled with a couple who own a bakery.
6. What is the reason Miriam thinks that Paul doesn't like Angel?
(a) She thinks Paul was in love with Angel once.
(b) She thinks Paul believes Angel is trouble.
(c) She thinks Paul is jealous of Angel.
(d) She thinks Paul doesn't like Angel's work ethic.
7. What was Susana's God Box?
(a) A carved box with songs and hymns of praise.
(b) A jewelry box full of scriptures.
(c) A piece of luggage full of hopes for the future.
(d) A hat box full of prayer requests.
8. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
(a) Do what he says or die.
(b) Be his mistress or become a prostitute.
(c) Manage the girls or become one of them.
(d) Do what he says or he'll kill Michael.
9. What was Angel's real name?
10. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
(b) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
(c) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(d) To the Altmans for counseling.
11. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
(a) "It feels like you're ripping my heart out."
(b) "It feels like I'm drowning."
(c) "It feels wonderful like a spring rain."
(d) "It feels strange; I've never felt it before."
12. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(b) Apple pies.
13. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
14. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
(a) Making apple sauce.
(b) Dressing a chicken for dinner.
(c) Catching a Godly man.
(d) Getting Ruthie out of a tree.
15. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Angel return to the House of Magdalena?
2. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
3. What was Michael's reply when Angel asks him if he ever thought God was playing some horrible joke on him?
4. When Angel wanted to leave the store, what excuse did Joseph tell Angel to keep her at work?
5. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)