|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(b) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(c) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(d) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
2. At one point Angel wanted to leave Sacramento. Where did Angel want to run away to next?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
(a) "There's no place like home."
(b) "Goodness, I've missed you."
(c) "You're a sight for sore eyes."
(d) "My, how you've grown."
4. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(c) Apple pies.
5. What happened to Steven, Susana's fiance?
(a) He was murdered while mining.
(b) He ran off with another woman.
(c) He was stabbed to death in an alley.
(d) He died in a hunting accident.
6. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(b) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
(c) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
(d) To the Altmans for counseling.
7. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
(b) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(c) To make a home for her husband and family.
(d) To be a bright light in a dark world.
8. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
9. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
(a) What home-cooked goods would get a man's attention.
(b) How to get a husband and children of her own.
(c) How to convince her father to give her more freedom.
(d) What traits he thought were attractive in a woman.
10. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) The local brothel.
(b) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(c) Last Chance Livery.
(d) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
11. What was Jonathan's reply when Angel asked him, "Where do I go from here?"
(a) "Home is always a soft place to land."
(b) "That's up to you and your husband."
(c) "That's up to you and the Lord."
(d) "As long as you don't back, you'll be fine."
12. What was Angel's real name?
13. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
(a) "I've never done anything."
(b) "I've committed adultery."
(c) "I've loved you."
(d) "I've committed murder."
14. Where did Angel want Michael to find a husband for Miriam?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(b) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(c) "You saved me again."
(d) "I love you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cherry after Angel took her away from Duke?
2. What Christmas gift did Angel make for Miriam?
3. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
4. According to Michael and Angel's wishes, what marked their graves?
5. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)