|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel left for the third time, where did she find work?
(a) In a small cafe.
(b) In a local bar.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a brothel.
2. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) A piece of corn.
(d) A note for Michael.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(b) To be a bright light in a dark world.
(c) To make a home for her husband and family.
(d) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
4. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(b) Apple pies.
5. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
6. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(b) The first day of winter.
(c) Angel's birthday.
(d) New Years.
7. How did Angel's father die?
(a) Duke murdered him.
(b) She killed him.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
8. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
(a) "It feels like I'm drowning."
(b) "It feels like you're ripping my heart out."
(c) "It feels wonderful like a spring rain."
(d) "It feels strange; I've never felt it before."
9. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
10. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Michael Paul.
(b) Murphy Joe.
(c) Paul Simon.
(d) Benjamin Michael.
11. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) They adopted a new baby.
(b) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
(c) Their first son was born.
(d) They went to Sacramento.
12. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
13. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
(a) "It's about time."
(b) "I'm very pleased to meet you. Finally."
(c) "You will always be Amanda to me."
(d) "I've waited so long for you. Come here."
14. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
15. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
(a) Catching a Godly man.
(b) Getting Ruthie out of a tree.
(c) Dressing a chicken for dinner.
(d) Making apple sauce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked if it bothered him when men stared at her?
2. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
3. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
4. What did Paul say to Miriam when he returned home in Chapter 34?
5. Who walked forward with Angel when she wanted to accept Jesus as her Lord?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)