|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(a) A stranger.
(c) The Duchess.
2. What happened to Harper's Cafe?
(a) It was sold.
(b) It burned.
(c) It expanded.
(d) It went bankrupt.
3. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
(a) He owns one of the largest casinos in San Francisco.
(b) He owns one of the biggest banks in San Francisco.
(c) He is a loan shark with a dangerous and deadly reputation.
(d) He is a local politician with friends in high places.
4. After Angel announced the birth of the Altman's son, what did John ask?
(a) "What did you say his name was?"
(b) "The lord has blessed me with a son."
(c) "Are you sure everthing's alright?"
(d) "Another baby boy! I knew it!"
5. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because he loved her.
(b) Because of the power she gave him.
(c) Because he wanted her close.
(d) Because of her beauty and grace.
6. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(a) Miriam Altman.
(d) Sam Teal.
7. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
(a) To mend the clothes.
(b) To take care of the children.
(c) To tend to the garden.
(d) To act as her midwife.
8. What did God tell Angel when she asked for strength to go to Michael after returning home for the last time?
(a) "I have not given you a heart of fear."
(b) "Fear not, for I am with you."
(c) "You are weak, but I am strong."
(d) "He loves you as I love you; don't be afraid."
9. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His hat.
10. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Cleaning windows.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Mending clothes.
11. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(c) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(d) "You saved me again."
12. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
13. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
(a) A dream.
(b) A telegraph.
(d) A letter.
14. When Duke said, "No one could ever touch you," what was Angel's reply?
(a) "No one!"
(b) "Least of all you."
(c) "Michael did."
(d) "You did."
15. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
(a) To be a bright light in a dark world.
(b) To be an extension of God's hand and do good work.
(c) To make a home for her husband and family.
(d) To bring new life into the world and to nurture it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
2. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
3. How did Angel's father die?
4. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
5. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)