|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Michael and Angel have?
2. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
(b) New Years.
(c) Angel's birthday.
3. How did Angel's father die?
(a) She killed him.
(b) Duke murdered him.
(c) He was hit by a runaway wagon.
(d) He committed suicide.
4. Where did Angel go when she ran away the third time?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
5. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "You knew what you were gettng into."
(b) "You saved me again."
(c) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(d) "I love you."
6. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "My words will fill your mouth."
(b) "Come forth, beloved."
(c) "Come out of Egypt."
(d) "Feed my sheep."
7. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
8. What was Jonathan's reply when Angel asked him, "Where do I go from here?"
(a) "Home is always a soft place to land."
(b) "That's up to you and the Lord."
(c) "That's up to you and your husband."
(d) "As long as you don't back, you'll be fine."
9. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) The Altman's example.
(b) Paul's change of heart.
(c) Michael's smile.
(d) God's voice.
10. Before he went hunting, what did Michael bring to the cabin for Angel to work on?
(a) Several fresh chickens for dressing.
(b) Several heavy sacks of dried corn for shelling.
(c) Several bushels of apples for canning.
(d) Several heavy sacks of walnuts for shelling.
11. What did Angel, Miriam, and Michael sing into at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) A well.
(b) A fireplace.
(c) A tin cup.
(d) A barrel.
12. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His shirt.
13. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
(b) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
(c) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(d) She disappeared and was never seen again.
14. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
15. What holiday was just days away from the birth of the Altman's baby?
(a) The first day of winter.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
2. How did Michael know that Angel was in trouble the third time she left?
3. When Duke forced Angel out on stage, what did she sing?
4. What woke Angel from a dream about God?
5. When Angel asked Michael in Chapter 24 if he was ever sorry he found her, what was his reply?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)