|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Angel tell Michael on their way home from Sacramento in Chapter 23?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I'll just end up leaving again."
(c) "You saved me again."
(d) "You knew what you were gettng into."
2. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
(d) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
3. What made the dark voice lose its power over Angel?
(a) God's voice.
(b) Paul's change of heart.
(c) The Altman's example.
(d) Michael's smile.
4. What did the quiet voice keep repeating to Angel?
(a) "Come forth, beloved."
(b) "Come out of Egypt."
(c) "My words will fill your mouth."
(d) "Feed my sheep."
5. What did Angel take of Michael's to remind her of him?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His hat.
(d) His Bible.
6. After Duke brought Angel back to his home and had visited her a few times, what choice did he give Angel?
(a) Do what he says or he'll kill Michael.
(b) Be his mistress or become a prostitute.
(c) Manage the girls or become one of them.
(d) Do what he says or die.
7. How often did Angel return to the House of Magdalena?
(a) A few days a month.
(b) For one month out of the year.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) One week each year.
8. When Elizabeth was in labor, what chore did she want to finish before giving birth?
(a) Mending clothes.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Cleaning windows.
9. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(a) Mrs. Hosea.
10. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) Their first son was born.
(b) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
(c) They went to Sacramento.
(d) They adopted a new baby.
11. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
(a) Moved in with him.
(b) Let his horse loose.
(c) Ask him to stay.
(d) Destroyed his crops.
12. Who does Miriam quote "like gospel"?
(c) Her father.
13. What gift made Miriam furious when she received it?
(a) Her mother's gift of undergarments.
(b) Michael's gift of a book.
(c) Paul's gift of candy.
(d) Her father's gift of a shovel.
14. How long did Michael and Angel's "blissful happiness" last after returning home from Sacramento?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
15. In Chapter 29, when Angel lifted her head from washing her face in a trough, who was there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Altman's celebrate at the first gathering in their new home?
2. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
3. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
4. What was Michael's reply when Angel told Michael her real name?
5. What does a panic-stricken Miriam ask Angel to help her with in Chapter 24?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)