|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
(a) Telling him the truth about her relationship with God.
(b) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Duke.
(c) Telling him the truth about her relationship with her father.
(d) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Paul.
2. What did Angel help the Altman women make while Michael and Paul were in town?
(a) Apple pies.
3. What did the Altman's celebrate at the first gathering in their new home?
(a) Elizabeth's pregnancy.
(b) Miriam's birthday.
(c) The new well.
(d) Spring planting.
4. What task did Elizabeth ask of Angel?
(a) To tend to the garden.
(b) To mend the clothes.
(c) To act as her midwife.
(d) To take care of the children.
5. What happened on Michael and Angel's seventh anniversary?
(a) They went to Sacramento.
(b) Their first son was born.
(c) They celebrated with a huge gathering.
(d) They adopted a new baby.
6. According to Michael and Angel's wishes, what marked their graves?
(a) One headstone.
(b) Simple wooden crosses.
(c) A granite angel.
(d) Nothing at all.
7. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
(b) The Duchess.
(d) Miriam Altman.
8. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(a) A stranger.
(d) The Duchess.
9. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
(a) How to convince her father to give her more freedom.
(b) How to get a husband and children of her own.
(c) What traits he thought were attractive in a woman.
(d) What home-cooked goods would get a man's attention.
10. Duke told Angel, "love is a trap." What did he tell her to stick to instead?
11. What happened to little Faith after Angel took her away from Duke?
(a) She ran away with the Duke and his men.
(b) She disappeared and was never seen again.
(c) She was adopted by a Baptist family.
(d) She was adopted by Angel and Michael.
12. Why was Jonathan Axle so well-known?
(a) He is a local politician with friends in high places.
(b) He owns one of the biggest banks in San Francisco.
(c) He owns one of the largest casinos in San Francisco.
(d) He is a loan shark with a dangerous and deadly reputation.
13. Who tutored Angel?
(a) Jonathan Axle.
(b) Miriam Altman.
(c) Susanna Axle.
(d) Elizabeth Altman.
14. Who finally went to get Angel after she ran away for the third time?
15. Who helped Angel leave Michael for the second time?
(a) Miriam Altman.
(d) Sam Teal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
2. Who read the Christmas story at the Altman house?
3. What was Angel's real name?
4. How long after Michael died was Angel laid to rest?
5. How long did Michael wait for Angel after she left the third time?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)