|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered Angel a job in Sacramento?
(b) A stranger.
(d) The Duchess.
2. When Michael left the cabin after Angel told him all of her "sins," where did he go?
(a) To the Altmans for counseling.
(b) To tell Paul that he was right about Angel.
(c) To Pair-a-Dice to drown his sorrows.
(d) To the hill where he'd shown her the sunrise.
3. In Chapter 33, where did Angel tell Susana she was going?
(b) To heaven.
(c) The valley.
4. What was Paul's goal every time he saw Angel?
(a) He wished that Angel would talk to Miriam for him.
(b) He wanted to compliment Angel.
(c) He hoped that Angel would leave Michael for him.
(d) He sought to erode Angel's confidence.
5. What name did Angel give to Virgil Harper?
(b) Mrs. Hosea.
6. Where did Angel and Michael spend their last night together before she left for the third time?
(a) By the stream where they camped for the night.
(b) In the cabin where they'd made a home.
(c) Under the stars, looking at the moon.
(d) On the hill where he showed her the sunrise.
7. What was Susana's God Box?
(a) A jewelry box full of scriptures.
(b) A hat box full of prayer requests.
(c) A carved box with songs and hymns of praise.
(d) A piece of luggage full of hopes for the future.
8. What was Michael's reply when Angel asked him what he'd ever done to be ashamed in his life?
(a) "I've committed murder."
(b) "I've committed adultery."
(c) "I've loved you."
(d) "I've never done anything."
9. In Chapter 21, what did Angel think would stop the pain inside her and poison her relationship with Michael?
(a) Telling him the truth about her relationship with God.
(b) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Paul.
(c) Telling him the truth about her relationship with her father.
(d) Telling him the truth about her relationship with Duke.
10. Why did Duke want to have Angel under his control?
(a) Because he loved her.
(b) Because he wanted her close.
(c) Because of her beauty and grace.
(d) Because of the power she gave him.
11. Why did Angel decide to leave Michael for the third time?
(a) She believed that he didn't really love her as he claimed.
(b) She wanted to finally be free and to live on her own.
(c) She wanted him to be with someone who could have children.
(d) She believed that he would eventually leave her for another.
12. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) Last Chance Livery.
(b) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
(c) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(d) The local brothel.
13. How many years were Michael and Angel married?
14. What did the Altmans name their new baby boy?
(a) Murphy Joe.
(b) Paul Simon.
(c) Benjamin Michael.
(d) Michael Paul.
15. What did Angel do to feel ashamed after running away for the third time?
(a) Become a pick-pocket.
(b) Eat Duke's food.
(c) Cook for strangers.
(d) Return to prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miriam do to keep Paul from leaving?
2. When Angel left Michael for the third time, what did she put in Miriam's hand?
3. What did Miriam ask Michael a "man's opinion" about?
4. Why did Angel want to speak to Michael alone when she returned home the third time?
5. In Chapter 23, how does Angel describe the way love feels to her?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)