|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) His mother's.
(b) A stranger's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) Ones he made.
2. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
3. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(b) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(c) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(d) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
4. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) By labor.
(c) By going to church.
(d) With a gift.
5. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
6. What did Angel do when she wanted to leave and Michael asked if they could talk it over?
(a) She began to laugh in his face.
(b) She started to cry uncontrollably.
(c) She walked away.
(d) She slapped him in the face.
7. How does Angel feel about the Altmans doing chores?
(a) She feels it's owed her.
(b) She feels free.
(c) She feels useless.
(d) She feels she does a better job.
8. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
(c) The valley.
9. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) They made a lavish breakfast.
(b) They held hands under the sunset.
(c) Angel refused to speak.
(d) Angel tried to run away.
10. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(b) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(c) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(d) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
11. What does Miriam Altman say about dogs and children?
(a) They always know when a storm is coming.
(b) They can always pick a tenderhearted person.
(c) They are a faithful and true companion.
(d) They keep you warm at night.
12. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One and a half days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
13. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She gave him sex.
(b) She made him a home-cooked meal.
(c) She gave him a kiss.
(d) She promised him money from the Duchess.
14. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
(a) "Because God told me to care for you and to nurture you."
(b) "Because for some of us, one mile can be farther to walk than thirty."
(c) "Because you would do the same for me if I was in your shoes."
(d) "Because I have walked a mile in your shoes."
15. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
2. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
3. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
4. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
5. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)