|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
(a) To clean off the filth of her betrayal.
(b) To assure herself she was capable of feeling.
(c) To rid her skin of lice from Pair-a-Dice.
(d) To exfoliate, revealing more youthful skin.
2. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(b) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(c) In the mountains, looking for God.
(d) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
3. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(b) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
(c) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(d) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
4. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He had decided to find a wife.
(b) He needed some supplies for winter.
(c) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(d) He had a bad dream about Angel.
5. How does Angel feel about the Altmans doing chores?
(a) She feels it's owed her.
(b) She feels free.
(c) She feels useless.
(d) She feels she does a better job.
6. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
(a) Angel tracked mud all over the cabin.
(b) Michael washed her hands and feet.
(c) Michael yelled at her for being foolish.
(d) Michael made fun of her predicament.
7. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
(a) Politics and Religion.
(b) Sex and Love.
(c) Men and God.
(d) Marriage and Children.
8. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
(b) "An actress."
(c) "My mother."
(d) "A stranger."
9. What did Miriam Altman say about Paul in Chapter 20?
(a) He's as beautiful as an angel with a halo to match.
(b) He's as hateful as the devil and just as handsome.
(c) He's sweet as honey with fire in his eyes.
(d) He's handsome with dark, brooding eyes.
10. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He became a born-again Christian.
(b) He was the new owner of The Palace.
(c) He was hanged on Main Street.
(d) He disappeared without a trace.
11. Who did Michael tell Angel used to call him names?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His father.
12. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To pretend.
(b) To grow old gracefully.
(c) To hide her money.
(d) To look beautiful.
13. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) A stranger's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) Ones he made.
14. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
(a) Dirty floors.
(d) Broken Window.
15. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) His great-grandmother.
(c) A minister named John.
(d) A slave named Ezra.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
2. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
3. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
4. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
5. When Michael showed Angel compassion after she returned to the cabin, she asks why. What was his response?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)