|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel woke from a nightmare and Michael asked her what it was about, what was her reply?
(a) "You don't want to know."
(b) "I can't remember."
(c) "I was your prisoner."
(d) "I was back at the brothel."
2. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
(a) As his new, young bride who needed his attention and affection.
(b) As the nameless child who had been broken and was still lost.
(c) As a beautiful stranger, someone he could start a new life with.
(d) As the future mother of his children, worthy of his respect and love.
3. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
(a) Sex and Love.
(b) Men and God.
(c) Politics and Religion.
(d) Marriage and Children.
4. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
(d) The valley.
5. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(d) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
6. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Why not?"
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) "Oh, no."
7. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) They held hands under the sunset.
(b) They made a lavish breakfast.
(c) Angel tried to run away.
(d) Angel refused to speak.
8. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(b) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(c) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(d) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
9. Why didn't Mae want Sarah to thank Alex for the presents he'd left?
(a) They were never intended for Sarah; they were for Mae.
(b) Mae believed a formal thank you letter was more appropriate.
(c) Mae knew Alex was embarrassed by any show of feminine emotion.
(d) They weren't gifts, but a bribe, to keep Sarah out of the way.
10. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
(a) A rotten apple.
(b) A worm.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A cricket.
11. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The crackling of the fire.
(b) A mocking bird outside the window.
(c) The babbling brook nearby.
(d) Him reading out of the Bible.
12. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
(a) Getting her money from the Duchess.
(b) Hard work and daily chores.
(c) Praying to Michael's God.
(d) A good nights sleep.
13. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(b) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(c) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(d) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
14. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(b) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
(c) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(d) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
15. When Michael asks Angel what she sees in the mirror, what is her reply?
(b) "My mother."
(c) "A stranger."
(d) "An actress."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
2. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
3. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
4. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
5. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)