|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By refusing to do chores.
(b) By not talking to him.
(c) By breaking the window.
(d) By ruining his dinner.
2. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(b) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
(c) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(d) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
3. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He disappeared without a trace.
(b) He was the new owner of The Palace.
(c) He became a born-again Christian.
(d) He was hanged on Main Street.
4. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
(a) Hosea had driven his wife half crazy like Michael had done to Angel.
(b) Hosea's wife had a Duchess of her own that owed her money.
(c) Hosea didn't give her enough money to buy what she wanted.
(d) Hosea's wife just wanted to be left alone.
5. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(b) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(c) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(d) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
6. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(b) "This one, beloved."
(c) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
7. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(b) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(c) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(d) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
8. When Paul asks Michael the name of his new bride, what name does Michael give him?
9. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
(b) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(c) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(d) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
10. What members of the Altman family died on their way to Oregon?
(a) Twin baby daughters.
(b) A sister and family pet.
(c) A son and grandma.
(d) An aunt and uncle.
11. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
12. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It has a new owner.
(c) It has a booming business.
(d) It is under construction.
13. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The small, empty trunk.
(b) The rickety rocking chair.
(c) The barren fireplace.
(d) The cold ice chest.
14. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) They made a lavish breakfast.
(b) Angel tried to run away.
(c) They held hands under the sunset.
(d) Angel refused to speak.
15. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Why not?"
(b) Nothing at all.
(d) "Oh, no."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
2. Who did Michael tell Angel used to call him names?
3. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
4. Why did Angel say her father stopped loving her mother?
5. How did Michael get Angel out the Silver Dollar after she ran away from the Valley?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)