|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
(a) Dirty floors.
(c) Broken Window.
3. Why did Angel scrub her skin raw in the stream?
(a) To assure herself she was capable of feeling.
(b) To clean off the filth of her betrayal.
(c) To rid her skin of lice from Pair-a-Dice.
(d) To exfoliate, revealing more youthful skin.
4. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Mara, meaning bitter.
(b) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(c) Sarah, meaning princess.
(d) Blythe, meaning joyous.
5. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He needed some supplies for winter.
(c) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
6. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) Ones he made.
(b) His sister's.
(c) A stranger's.
(d) His mother's.
7. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(b) She thought he was going to punish her.
(c) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(d) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
8. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
(b) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(c) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(d) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
9. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They moved away.
(c) They started their own business.
(d) They worked for another brothel.
10. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(b) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(c) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(d) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
11. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(b) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(c) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
(d) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
12. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
(a) Three days.
(b) One and a half days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two hours.
13. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
(a) So that they could feed the squirrels.
(b) So that she could earn her keep.
(c) To share their bounty with the neighbors.
(d) To keep her from going to Pair-a-Dice.
14. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
15. Why does Michael call Angel by a new name, Amanda?
(a) He was tired of calling her Mara.
(b) She asked him to call her that.
(c) He thought it sounded gentle and loving.
(d) He wanted to name her after his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
2. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
3. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
4. When Angel returns to Pair-a-Dice, what happens to The Palace?
5. How is Paul related to Michael?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)