|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the morning after Michael and Angel consummated their marriage?
(a) Angel refused to speak.
(b) They made a lavish breakfast.
(c) They held hands under the sunset.
(d) Angel tried to run away.
2. Angel begins to like life in the little cabin. She feels comfortable and safe except for one thing. What is it?
(a) The unpredictable weather.
(b) Her memories of the Palace.
(c) Michael Hosea.
(d) The difficult chores.
3. Why did Angel want Michael to show her how to cook?
(a) So that she could learn a new skill for another job.
(b) So that she'd be able to cook a good, hearty meal for Michael.
(c) So that she would have another chore to help pass the time.
(d) So she'd know how cook for herself when she had her own place.
4. After her first week on her feet, why did Angel finally come out of the cabin?
(a) She was lonely, and wanted Michael's company.
(b) She was bored and tired of being cooped up in the cabin.
(c) She wanted to get to work to pay back Michael.
(d) She wanted to see how close civilization was.
5. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A general store.
6. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
7. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
(a) "I'm home."
(b) "Not this dump again."
(c) "I can do better."
(d) "It hasn't changed a bit."
8. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(b) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(c) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
(d) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
9. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(b) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(c) "This one, beloved."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
10. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
(a) He only wanted sons to carry on his legacy.
(b) He never believed he was Sarah's biological father.
(c) He did not want to be financially responsible for Sarah.
(d) He had a legitimate family of his own.
11. Who introduced Michael to the Lord?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) A minister named John.
(c) His great-grandmother.
(d) A slave named Ezra.
12. What does Angel tells Michael that she knows all about?
13. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the barn, crying.
(b) In the corral, working.
(c) In the stream, bathing.
(d) In the cabin, cooking.
14. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
(a) Her voluptuous curves.
(b) Her young, stone-cold face.
(c) Her blonde, cornsilk hair.
(d) Her small, petite frame.
15. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael went to Sacramento, who did he take with him?
2. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
3. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
4. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
5. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)