|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "I don't want anything."
(b) "God will supply all my needs."
(c) "Time waits for no man."
(d) "I want everything."
2. When Angel thinks that everyone she draws close to leaves, what does she say is deadly?
3. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By refusing to do chores.
(b) By not talking to him.
(c) By ruining his dinner.
(d) By breaking the window.
4. What did God say when Michael asked him for guidance about how to help Angel?
(a) "Tend my lamb."
(b) "Feed my sheep."
(c) "Lead them out of Egypt."
(d) "Turn the other cheek."
5. What does Angel compare herself to when talking to Miriam Altman?
(a) A prickly thorn, small but capable of much pain.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) A wild dog, rabid and unpredictable.
(d) A chunk of amethyst turned inside out.
6. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) A stranger's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) Ones he made.
(d) His sister's.
7. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
(a) Angel tracked mud all over the cabin.
(b) Michael yelled at her for being foolish.
(c) Michael washed her hands and feet.
(d) Michael made fun of her predicament.
8. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
(a) To pretend.
(b) To hide her money.
(c) To look beautiful.
(d) To grow old gracefully.
9. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
(b) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(c) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(d) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
10. How did Angel try to make up her betrayal to Michael?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a gift.
(c) By going to church.
(d) By labor.
11. Why does Michael leave Angel alone in the cabin?
(a) Because he's afraid to be alone with her.
(b) So that she will do chores.
(c) In order to visit with the neighbors.
(d) To give her time to think.
12. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(b) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(c) "Take my yoke upon you."
(d) "This one, beloved."
13. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
14. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
(b) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(c) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(d) In the mountains, looking for God.
15. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He wanted to look up an old friend.
(b) He needed some supplies for winter.
(c) He had a bad dream about Angel.
(d) He had decided to find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
2. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
3. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
4. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
5. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)