|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
(a) She gave him sex.
(b) She made him a home-cooked meal.
(c) She promised him money from the Duchess.
(d) She gave him a kiss.
2. What made Angel feel guilty when she returned to the cabin?
(a) Broken Window.
(b) Dirty floors.
3. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) They moved away.
(b) They started their own business.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They worked for another brothel.
4. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
5. When Michael brought Angel back home from Pair-a-Dice, he left her alone in the cabin. Angel eventually went looking for Michael; where did she find him?
(a) In the cabin, cooking.
(b) In the barn, crying.
(c) In the stream, bathing.
(d) In the corral, working.
6. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "I don't want anything."
(b) "God will supply all my needs."
(c) "I want everything."
(d) "Time waits for no man."
7. Where was Paul before he came back to the valley?
(a) In the mountains, looking for God.
(b) On the Yuba, panning for gold.
(c) On a fishing expedition in Alaska.
(d) In Pair-a-Dice working at a bar.
8. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
9. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(b) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(c) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(d) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
10. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Sarah, meaning princess.
(b) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(c) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(d) Mara, meaning bitter.
11. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She feels like it's home.
(c) She has nowhere to go.
(d) She needs the money.
12. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
(a) A church.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A general store.
(d) A bar.
13. What did John Altman talk about like it was heaven?
(a) The valley.
14. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
(a) The small, empty trunk.
(b) The cold ice chest.
(c) The rickety rocking chair.
(d) The barren fireplace.
15. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "This one, beloved."
(b) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(c) "Take my yoke upon you."
(d) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruth Altman say that she ate once when she was little?
2. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
3. Who did Michael tell Angel used to call him names?
4. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
5. What is the major lesson Angel remembers learning from Duke?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)