|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "A little."
(b) "Like a knife wound."
(c) "You and five other men."
2. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
(a) She believes everything she's ever heard about the cruelty of men.
(b) She is confident that he can teach her to survive without her mom.
(c) She knows that she has found a man who'll love her forever.
(d) She feels that she can finally be a part of a family.
3. What happens when Alex no longer wants Mae and turns her and Sarah away?
(a) Mae becomes a prostitute in New York.
(b) Mae becomes a housekeeper for a wealthy family.
(c) Mae becomes a mail order bride.
(d) Mae becomes a cook for a local restaurant.
4. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By not talking to him.
(b) By breaking the window.
(c) By refusing to do chores.
(d) By ruining his dinner.
5. When they were on their walk through the land at night, what was it that Michael wanted to show Angel?
(a) The stream.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The family of deer.
(d) The view of the cabin below.
6. What does Angel tell the Altmans to try and keep them from wintering with the Hoseas?
(a) She says the cabin is very small and food is limited.
(b) She says she met Michael in a brothel.
(c) She says that as newlyweds they require their privacy.
(d) She says wild wolves have claimed a neighbor's child.
7. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
(b) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(c) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
(d) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
8. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
(b) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(c) "This one, beloved."
(d) "Take my yoke upon you."
9. How did Angel feel when she walked in the cabin after returning from Pair-a-Dice?
(a) "It hasn't changed a bit."
(b) "I'm home."
(c) "Not this dump again."
(d) "I can do better."
10. When Michael stops thinking of Angel as the prostitute he loved and who betrayed him, how does her see her?
(a) As the future mother of his children, worthy of his respect and love.
(b) As a beautiful stranger, someone he could start a new life with.
(c) As his new, young bride who needed his attention and affection.
(d) As the nameless child who had been broken and was still lost.
11. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "I don't want anything."
(b) "God will supply all my needs."
(c) "I want everything."
(d) "Time waits for no man."
12. In Chapter 19, whose rules does Angel say she wants to live by?
(a) "Yours, Michael."
(b) "God's laws."
(c) "My own."
(d) "The Golden Rule."
13. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
(a) Michael made fun of her predicament.
(b) Angel tracked mud all over the cabin.
(c) Michael yelled at her for being foolish.
(d) Michael washed her hands and feet.
14. When Paul sees Angel, he thinks she's beautiful and dangerous. What biblical character does he not compare her to?
15. Why did Angel jump off the wagon when Michael tried to take her home?
(a) She was angry and wanted to walk.
(b) She didn't want to go back to the cabin.
(c) She didn't want to sit close to him.
(d) She thought he was going to punish her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel believe would ease the heaviness inside of her?
2. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
3. Where was Michael's last stop before leaving Sacramento?
4. What two subjects was Lucky never allowed to talk about with Angel?
5. What feature in the cabin did Angel compare her life to?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)