|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did Angel's mom treat as a holy day?
(a) Angel's birthday.
(c) New Years.
2. When Angel tells Michael, "You and God better not expect much," he replies ...
(a) "God will supply all my needs."
(b) "I want everything."
(c) "Time waits for no man."
(d) "I don't want anything."
3. On the way back to the valley from Sacramento, why did Michael pull off the road?
(a) To help a family whose wagon was broken down.
(b) To fix the load which had shifted in the wagon.
(c) To stretch out the trip home and delay his arrival.
(d) To have a picnic with his companion.
4. Why did Angel want her gold from the Duchess?
(a) She wanted to invest it in a piece of jewelry.
(b) She wanted to buy a little house of her own.
(c) She wanted to hide it in a safe place.
(d) She wanted to open her very own brothel.
5. Angel thought her mother's grief was great; what emotion did Angel say was greater?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
2. After one night with Duke, how is Sarah changed?
3. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
4. What delicacy did Angel look forward to at Thanksgiving?
5. In Chapter 26, what did Miriam say is a woman's reason for being?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)