Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Angel want to fall in love?
(a) Her greatest desire was to be left alone, to answer to no one.
(b) She thought it meant losing control of her emotions, will and life.
(c) She wanted to be free to court with other men, never to settle down.
(d) She didn't want to be a mother and housewife for the rest of her life.
2. By the beginning of the fourth chapter, how many times has Angel had said "no" to Michael's marriage proposal?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
3. Why did Michael ask Angel to pick up walnuts?
(a) To keep her from going to Pair-a-Dice.
(b) So that they could feed the squirrels.
(c) So that she could earn her keep.
(d) To share their bounty with the neighbors.
4. When Angel tells Michael to call her whatever he wants, what does he name her?
(a) Tristyn, meaning sad.
(b) Mara, meaning bitter.
(c) Blythe, meaning joyous.
(d) Sarah, meaning princess.
5. What does Angel say when Michael asks her if he's gotten inside her heart?
(a) "A little."
(c) "Like a knife wound."
(d) "You and five other men."
Short Answer Questions
1. When they were walking at night and Angel wanted to return to the cabin, Michael asked her what she was afraid of. What did she say it was?
2. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
3. What happened when Angel came in from her ordeal in the rain?
4. How did Angel pay Paul for the ride to Pair-a-Dice?
5. What did Angel think was the great original sin?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)