|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angel mentally tabulate how much time and money Michael has spent on nursing her back to health and training her for independence?
(a) So she can tell everyone how much he cares for her.
(b) In order to thank him for all of his efforts.
(c) In order to mock him for his wasted efforts.
(d) So she can repay him for every hour and ounce.
2. When Michael Hosea sees Angel for the first time, what does God tells him?
(a) "Take my yoke upon you."
(b) "For I know the plans I have for you..."
(c) "This one, beloved."
(d) "Those without sin may cast the first stone."
3. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) "Oh, no."
(c) "Why not?"
4. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(b) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
5. How did Angel get revenge on Michael for her stained hands?
(a) By ruining his dinner.
(b) By not talking to him.
(c) By breaking the window.
(d) By refusing to do chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Michael decide to go back to Pair-a-Dice?
2. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
3. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
4. When Michael told Angel the biblical story of Hosea's wife, what did Angel think was NOT the cause of her returning to prostitution?
5. When Michael tells Angel that he knew the first time he saw her that he was going to marry her, what feature did Michael say he saw first?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)