|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight | Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes did Michael give to Angel at the cabin?
(a) A stranger's.
(b) Ones he made.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His sister's.
2. When Mae dies, what does Rab do to try to help Sarah?
(a) He does his best to be a wonderful father to Sarah.
(b) He asks a trusted friend to take Sarah in as a daughter.
(c) He sells his possessions to provide for Sarah's education.
(d) He takes Sarah to a man he believes wants to adopt her.
3. When Michael was telling Angel his plans for the land and the cabin, Angel said that he had enough work planned to last a long while. What was his reply?
(a) "It'll take us a lifetime."
(b) "It won't take too long."
(c) "It will keep us busy for a while."
(d) "We will do it together."
4. Why is Sarah really sent to the coast with Cleo?
(a) So that Sarah could see the ocean for the first time.
(b) So that Sarah's father could visit her mother alone.
(c) So that Cleo would have company on her journey.
(d) So that Sarah could visit her extended family.
5. What did Michael call Angel that hurt her feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angel tell Michael she was staying at the brothel?
2. Why did Alex tell his lover Mae that he never wanted Sarah?
3. Remembering her childhood, why did Angel say she loved the rain?
4. How many days was Angel delirious at Michael's cabin before she awakened?
5. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)