|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Like a beacon in the darkness," where did Angel go to when she arrived in Sacramento?
(a) The local brothel.
(b) The Lucky Dollar Saloon.
(c) Last Chance Livery.
(d) Hochschild's General Mercantile.
2. What does Michael tell Angel to listen to in order to help her rest at his cabin?
(a) The babbling brook nearby.
(b) The crackling of the fire.
(c) Him reading out of the Bible.
(d) A mocking bird outside the window.
3. Angel was anxious to leave the store to avoid Michael, who was coming for the stove. Who was waiting for Angel at the end of that particular working day?
(a) Miriam Altman.
(d) The Duchess.
4. When Michael and Angel are married, what does she say instead of "yes"?
(a) "Why not?"
(b) "Oh, no."
(c) Nothing at all.
5. What happened to Magowan after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
(a) He disappeared without a trace.
(b) He was the new owner of The Palace.
(c) He became a born-again Christian.
(d) He was hanged on Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lucky and Mai Ling, Angel's co-workers, after Angel left Pair-a-Dice?
2. Who helped Michael rescue Angel from the Palace?
3. What did Angel do for a job when she returned to Pair-a-Dice?
4. What does Jacob Altman say that he would trade for a spoonful of plum jam?
5. How does Angel feel about the Altmans doing chores?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)