Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
4. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
5. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
Essay Topic 1
There are several examples of loyalty in the story. Give examples of these and explain how they impact on the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is it about Brigham that he so easily builds a trusting relationship with young Malcolm?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the interplay between Serena and Brigham when she finds out about the duel and goes to his bedroom to tell him she will marry him. Why is she suddenly so sure she wants to marry him? Is it because he kills Standish? Why is Brigham bothered by the fact that she only agrees to be his wife after learning about the duel?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)