|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
2. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
3. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
4. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
5. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
2. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
3. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
4. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
5. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
6. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
7. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
8. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
9. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
10. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role is France playing in Prince Charles's plans to reclaim the English throne? How important is their role?
Essay Topic 2
What precautions does Brigham take to insure the war plans are kept secret? Why is it necessary to take these precautions?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the custom of having a ball when young women reach a certain age. Are there any unusual circumstances that need to be overcome in having the ball at the MacGregor home? Why is the ball a perfect guise to cover the meeting to make more plans for war?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)