|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
3. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
4. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
5. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role is France playing in Prince Charles's plans to reclaim the English throne? How important is their role?
Essay Topic 2
So much of the novel is based on Serena's dislike and distrust of anyone English. Explain why she has such difficulty getting beyond this in her relationship with Brigham.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Serena consider herself different in her ways? What is wrong with the way she acts? If she is wrong, what is the expected way for a young woman to act?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)