|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
2. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
3. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
4. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Brigham, a titled, wealthy and respected citizen of England, sides with the Scots in a war that gains him nothing. What about his heritage is part of his decision? What about his personal code is part of the decision?
Essay Topic 2
What else do we learn about Serena from her experiences in the cave? She is pregnant and has a husband who is recovering from a near death experience, yet when there is danger, she doesn't hesitate to do what has to be done to protect those she loves.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)