|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
2. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
3. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
4. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
5. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
Short Essay Questions
1. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
2. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
3. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
4. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
5. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
6. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
7. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
8. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
9. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
10. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Molly's intentions when she falls off the ladder, and the results. Explain Serena's intentions when she falls carrying milk to the house, and the results. What is different about the two situations?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of a duel; What are the rules of a duel? Why does Brigham have to set up Standish under false pretenses of a game of dice in order to fight the duel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)