|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
2. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
3. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
4. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
5. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
2. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
3. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
4. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
5. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
6. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
7. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
8. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
9. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
10. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Brigham, a titled, wealthy and respected citizen of England, sides with the Scots in a war that gains him nothing. What about his heritage is part of his decision? What about his personal code is part of the decision?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of how Commander O'Sullivan and Commander Murray differ in their war tactics and what results in the situations where they disagreed.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)