|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
2. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
3. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
4. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
5. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
2. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
3. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
4. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
5. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
8. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
9. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
10. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What concerns Brigham as he looks at the battlefield at Drumossie Moor? What military strategy does he recommend? Why? What is the result?
Essay Topic 2
What else do we learn about Serena from her experiences in the cave? She is pregnant and has a husband who is recovering from a near death experience, yet when there is danger, she doesn't hesitate to do what has to be done to protect those she loves.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the custom of having a ball when young women reach a certain age. Are there any unusual circumstances that need to be overcome in having the ball at the MacGregor home? Why is the ball a perfect guise to cover the meeting to make more plans for war?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)