|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
2. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
3. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
4. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
5. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
2. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
3. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
4. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
5. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
6. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
7. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
8. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
9. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
10. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes after the Scots take Edinburgh? Does this influence the outcome of the war? How?
Essay Topic 2
What precautions does Brigham take to insure the war plans are kept secret? Why is it necessary to take these precautions?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of how Commander O'Sullivan and Commander Murray differ in their war tactics and what results in the situations where they disagreed.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)