|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
2. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
3. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
4. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
5. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
2. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
3. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
4. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
5. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
6. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
7. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
8. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
9. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
10. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give examples of how Commander O'Sullivan and Commander Murray differ in their war tactics and what results in the situations where they disagreed.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
Essay Topic 3
What is it about Brigham that he so easily builds a trusting relationship with young Malcolm?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)