|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
2. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
3. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
4. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
5. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
Essay Topic 2
What changes after the Scots take Edinburgh? Does this influence the outcome of the war? How?
Essay Topic 3
What else do we learn about Serena from her experiences in the cave? She is pregnant and has a husband who is recovering from a near death experience, yet when there is danger, she doesn't hesitate to do what has to be done to protect those she loves.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)