|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
2. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
3. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
4. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
5. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
2. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
3. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
4. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
5. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
6. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
7. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
8. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
10. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it about Brigham that he so easily builds a trusting relationship with young Malcolm?
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of how Commander O'Sullivan and Commander Murray differ in their war tactics and what results in the situations where they disagreed.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the custom of having a ball when young women reach a certain age. Are there any unusual circumstances that need to be overcome in having the ball at the MacGregor home? Why is the ball a perfect guise to cover the meeting to make more plans for war?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)