|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
2. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
3. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
4. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
5. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
2. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
3. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
4. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
5. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
6. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
7. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
8. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
9. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
10. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the interplay between Serena and Brigham when she finds out about the duel and goes to his bedroom to tell him she will marry him. Why is she suddenly so sure she wants to marry him? Is it because he kills Standish? Why is Brigham bothered by the fact that she only agrees to be his wife after learning about the duel?
Essay Topic 2
What role is France playing in Prince Charles's plans to reclaim the English throne? How important is their role?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what influences the strength of the Scottish Highlanders as they go to war. Give examples of how this is demonstrated in the story.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)