|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
2. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
3. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
4. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
5. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
2. What is Brigham's dream?
3. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
4. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
5. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
6. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
7. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
8. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
9. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
10. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of a duel; What are the rules of a duel? Why does Brigham have to set up Standish under false pretenses of a game of dice in order to fight the duel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what is going through Serena's mind when she thinks Brigham wants her for a mistress. Give examples of her conflicting thoughts that create her indecision.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)