|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
2. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
3. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
4. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
2. What is Brigham's dream?
3. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
4. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
5. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
6. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
7. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
8. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
9. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
10. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of a duel; What are the rules of a duel? Why does Brigham have to set up Standish under false pretenses of a game of dice in order to fight the duel?
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of how Commander O'Sullivan and Commander Murray differ in their war tactics and what results in the situations where they disagreed.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what influences the strength of the Scottish Highlanders as they go to war. Give examples of how this is demonstrated in the story.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)