|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
2. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
4. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
5. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
2. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
3. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
4. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
5. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
6. What happens to Prince Charles with the war is lost?
7. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
8. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
9. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
10. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the politics involved in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales that sets the climate for the war in 1745.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the purpose of a duel; What are the rules of a duel? Why does Brigham have to set up Standish under false pretenses of a game of dice in order to fight the duel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the interplay between Serena and Brigham when she finds out about the duel and goes to his bedroom to tell him she will marry him. Why is she suddenly so sure she wants to marry him? Is it because he kills Standish? Why is Brigham bothered by the fact that she only agrees to be his wife after learning about the duel?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)