|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
2. Why is Brigham upset with Parkins again?
3. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
4. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
5. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
Short Essay Questions
1. When are bagpipes most often used?
2. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
3. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
4. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
5. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
6. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
7. What is Brigham's dream?
8. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
9. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
10. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it about Brigham that he so easily builds a trusting relationship with young Malcolm?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what is going through Serena's mind when she thinks Brigham wants her for a mistress. Give examples of her conflicting thoughts that create her indecision.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Molly's intentions when she falls off the ladder, and the results. Explain Serena's intentions when she falls carrying milk to the house, and the results. What is different about the two situations?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)