|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
2. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
3. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
4. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
5. What happens to the MacGregor's in 1735?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
2. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
3. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
4. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
5. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
6. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
7. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
8. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
9. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
10. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Serena consider herself different in her ways? What is wrong with the way she acts? If she is wrong, what is the expected way for a young woman to act?
Essay Topic 2
What role is France playing in Prince Charles's plans to reclaim the English throne? How important is their role?
Essay Topic 3
What precautions does Brigham take to insure the war plans are kept secret? Why is it necessary to take these precautions?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)