|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
2. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
3. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
4. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
5. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
2. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
3. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
4. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
5. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
6. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
7. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
8. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
9. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
10. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What else do we learn about Serena from her experiences in the cave? She is pregnant and has a husband who is recovering from a near death experience, yet when there is danger, she doesn't hesitate to do what has to be done to protect those she loves.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the interplay between Serena and Brigham when she finds out about the duel and goes to his bedroom to tell him she will marry him. Why is she suddenly so sure she wants to marry him? Is it because he kills Standish? Why is Brigham bothered by the fact that she only agrees to be his wife after learning about the duel?
Essay Topic 3
What role is France playing in Prince Charles's plans to reclaim the English throne? How important is their role?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)