|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(b) He sees Coll get shot.
(c) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(d) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) They should to tend to their men.
(c) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(d) The English dead should be buried.
4. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To his room at Holyrood.
(b) To their room at the hotel.
(c) To the dancefloor.
(d) To the infirmary.
5. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
(a) The balls and receptions can wait.
(b) The Prince's two commanders don't agree on anything.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) They should be moving on toward London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
2. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
3. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
4. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
5. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
2. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
3. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
4. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
5. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
8. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
10. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)