|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(a) The baby stops moving.
(b) The baby is breach.
(d) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
2. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) Make me a happy grandfather.
(b) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(c) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
(d) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
3. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
(a) To avenge Fiona's mistreatment by Standish.
(b) To stop being bored.
(c) To have a little fun.
(d) To get rid of an evil man.
4. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To go to bed, she watches after him.
(b) To stop being stubborn.
(c) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(d) To sit up all night if she wants to.
5. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Let's get some sleep.
(b) I'm exhausted.
(c) We grow old together.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
2. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
3. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
4. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
5. When does the March finally begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
2. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
3. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
4. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
5. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
6. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
7. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
8. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
9. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
10. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)