|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She cries from a broken heart.
(b) She says good riddance.
(c) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
(d) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
2. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) You are going to fight.
(b) MacGregor's don't give up.
(c) No one is going to die.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's happy and kisses him.
(b) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(c) She cries.
(d) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
4. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(a) Prince Charles.
5. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(b) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(d) To update him on some gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
2. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
3. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
4. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
5. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
2. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
3. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
4. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
5. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
6. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
7. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
8. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
9. What does Malcolm admit he is upset about when he talks with Brigham? How does Brigham react to what Malcolm tells him? What does Brigham tell Malcolm?
10. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)