|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They stay and fight.
(b) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(c) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
(d) They retreat.
2. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she and Brigham are courting.
(b) That she and Brigham make love.
(c) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(d) That she and Brigham are getting married.
3. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) It is time for a vacation.
(b) It is better to run than to die.
(c) It is time to retreat.
(d) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
4. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(c) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(d) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
5. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(c) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(d) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
2. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
3. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
4. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
5. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
2. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
3. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
4. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
5. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
8. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
9. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
10. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)