|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) A hundred dragoons.
(b) Everyone running for cover.
(c) Smoke from their burning home.
2. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) He never looks at another woman.
(d) She is the wife and woman he needs.
3. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
(b) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
(c) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(d) Shes with Brigham in London.
4. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(b) He agrees with Murray.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
5. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
2. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
3. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
4. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
5. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
2. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
3. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
4. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
5. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
6. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
7. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
8. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
9. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
10. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)