|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
2. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
(a) He needs a doctor
(b) It isn't as bad as it looks.
(c) It takes a long time to heal.
(d) It needs stiches.
3. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She cries.
(b) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(c) She's happy and kisses him.
(d) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
4. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(b) She tells him she wants to go with him.
(c) She tells him he is wonderful.
(d) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
5. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(b) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(c) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(d) She wants to go with him to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
2. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
3. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
4. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
5. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
2. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
3. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
4. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
5. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
6. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
7. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
8. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
9. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
10. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)