|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) It ends there for better or worse.
(b) They all run away.
(c) They are all going to die there.
(d) They beat the English there.
2. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(b) He is an old friend.
(c) He fights against him before.
(d) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
3. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
(a) She is upset because Serena is keeping secrets.
(b) She is angry because Serena is neglecting her chores.
(c) She has a problem and wants to talk to Serena about it.
(d) She senses there is something wrong with Serena and wants to talk about it.
4. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) Grapeshots hit his arm and shoulder.
(c) An English soldier stabs him with a dagger.
(d) He gets stabbed by a bayonet.
5. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are arguing a lot.
(b) They are planning a going away party.
(c) They are going to retire.
(d) They are courting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
2. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
3. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
4. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
5. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
2. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
3. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
4. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
5. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
6. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
7. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
8. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
9. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
10. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)