|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
(a) It takes a long time to heal.
(b) It needs stiches.
(c) It isn't as bad as it looks.
(d) He needs a doctor
2. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She wants to go with him to London.
(b) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(c) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(d) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
3. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
(a) That she wants to go to France.
(b) That she doesn't want to go to America.
(c) That she is going into labor.
(d) That she wants to stay in Skye.
4. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
(b) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(c) Some of them change parties.
(d) There are many who are spies.
5. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are planning a going away party.
(b) They are going to retire.
(c) They are arguing a lot.
(d) They are courting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
2. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
3. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
4. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
5. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
2. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
3. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
4. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
5. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
6. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
7. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
8. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
9. What does Malcolm admit he is upset about when he talks with Brigham? How does Brigham react to what Malcolm tells him? What does Brigham tell Malcolm?
10. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)