|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To win and anger Standish.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To relax a little.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(c) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(d) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
4. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
(a) He has every comfortable pleasure there.
(b) While London is his home, it is no longer his heart.
(c) He has gardens to be boasted.
(d) His home in London is beautiful.
5. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
(a) It is the perfect location for their next battle against the English.
(b) It is a location where they win the war against the English.
(c) It is a beautiful place that the Highlanders remember forever.
(d) It is not a good location for the Highlanders to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
2. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
3. Who arrives in Edinburgh to surprise Brigham, Coll and Ian?
4. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
5. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
2. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
3. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
4. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
5. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
6. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
7. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
8. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
10. Where are the family when Coll and Brigham return to Glenroe and no one is there? What do they do?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)