|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She's happy and kisses him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks where the engagement ring is.
2. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
(a) They move forward.
(b) He flip a coin.
(c) He decide to think on it longer.
(d) They retreat.
3. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
4. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To update him on some gossip.
(d) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
5. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
(a) She doesn't love him enough.
(b) She doesn't want to live in London.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She doesn't shame her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
2. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
3. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
4. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
5. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
2. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
3. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
4. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
5. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
6. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
7. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
8. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
9. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
10. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)