|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
(a) He decide to think on it longer.
(b) He flip a coin.
(c) They move forward.
(d) They retreat.
2. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
(b) She goes into labor.
(c) The baby starts to cry.
(d) Her brother's return.
3. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
(a) Several Scots in need of help.
(b) English dragoons.
(c) Brigham and Coll.
(d) No one.
4. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
(a) For not appreciating him.
(b) For telling him he doesn't marry Mrs. Drummond.
(c) For speaking to him harshly.
(d) For complaining about his work.
5. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) To anger the man.
(c) So the man challenges him to a duel.
(d) To make the man look foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
2. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
3. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
4. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
5. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
2. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
3. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
4. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
5. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
6. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
7. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
8. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
10. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)