|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(b) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(c) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
2. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she and Brigham are getting married.
(b) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(c) That she and Brigham are courting.
(d) That she and Brigham make love.
3. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
(a) He seeks help from Spain.
(b) Pawns his mother's rubies.
(c) He uses his trustfund.
(d) He sells two frigates.
4. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
(a) A mother.
(b) Lady Ashburn.
(c) A woman.
(d) A housewife.
5. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
(a) To anger the man.
(b) To make the man look foolish.
(c) So the man challenges him to a duel.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
2. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
3. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
4. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
5. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
2. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
3. What does Malcolm admit he is upset about when he talks with Brigham? How does Brigham react to what Malcolm tells him? What does Brigham tell Malcolm?
4. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
5. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
8. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
9. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
10. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)