|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
2. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Go back to London.
(b) Return to their fort.
(c) Move on to the next village.
(d) Search the hills.
3. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To relax a little.
(b) To win and anger Standish.
(c) To get some money for the war effort.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
4. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
(b) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(c) Shes with Brigham in London.
(d) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
5. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(c) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
(d) She throws him out on his ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
2. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
3. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
5. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
2. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
3. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
4. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
5. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
6. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
7. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
8. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
9. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
10. What does Malcolm admit he is upset about when he talks with Brigham? How does Brigham react to what Malcolm tells him? What does Brigham tell Malcolm?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)