|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
(a) Coll has a swordfight with one, and Serena shoots the last one.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) Malcolm shoots one with an arrow.
(d) Serena and Parkins shoot two of them.
2. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(b) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
(c) Make me a happy grandfather.
(d) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
3. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
4. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are going to retire.
(b) They are planning a going away party.
(c) They are arguing a lot.
(d) They are courting.
5. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
(a) She senses there is something wrong with Serena and wants to talk about it.
(b) She is upset because Serena is keeping secrets.
(c) She has a problem and wants to talk to Serena about it.
(d) She is angry because Serena is neglecting her chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
2. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
3. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
4. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
5. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
2. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
3. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
4. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
5. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
6. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
7. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
8. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
9. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
10. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)