|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To update him on some gossip.
(c) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) To challenge him to a game of cards.
2. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
(a) She doesn't want to admit she misses him.
(b) Because she is crying.
(c) She wants to race him.
(d) She doesn't know it's him.
3. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) She throws him out on his ear.
(c) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(d) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
4. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they can never get married.
(b) That they want to live together.
(c) That they want to run away.
(d) That they love each other.
5. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She wants to go with him to London.
(b) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(c) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(d) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
2. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
3. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
4. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
5. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
2. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
3. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
4. After burying their father, what does Serena and Malcolm do? Why?
5. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
8. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
9. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
10. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)