|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(d) Their spirits are high.
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) Smoke from their burning home.
(b) A hundred dragoons.
(c) Everyone running for cover.
4. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To move on now before they lose more men.
(b) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
(c) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
(d) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
5. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(c) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(d) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
2. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
3. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
4. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
5. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
2. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
3. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
4. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
5. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
6. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
7. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
8. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
9. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
10. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)