|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
(b) They retreat.
(c) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(d) They stay and fight.
2. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
3. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) To update him on some gossip.
4. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(c) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(d) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
5. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A mother.
(c) A woman.
(d) Lady Ashburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
2. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
3. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
4. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
5. What is the next stumbling block to Serena and Brigham getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
2. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
3. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
4. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
5. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
6. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
7. How many men are there when the standard is raised at Glenfinnan? Is that a sufficient number to go to war? If not, why do they proceed?
8. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
9. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
10. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)