|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
(b) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
(c) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
(d) To move on now before they lose more men.
2. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(b) Some of them change parties.
(c) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
(d) There are many who are spies.
3. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(b) 6:00 P.M..
(c) 3:00 P.M..
4. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To relax a little.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To win and anger Standish.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
5. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
2. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
3. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
4. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
5. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
2. What does Brigham reply when Serena asks why he fights Standish? Explain what he means.
3. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
4. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
5. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
6. What happens when the Scots reach Edinburgh? What does Brigham and Coll say about what is happening after they took the city?
7. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
8. How does the author handle the crossover between what is happening in Glenroe at the same time as the battle near Culloden House? How do each progress?
9. What misunderstanding does Brigham realize Serena has after they make love?
10. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)