|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(d) Prince Charles.
2. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is an old friend.
(b) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
(c) He fights against him before.
(d) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
3. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(b) Their spirits are high.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
4. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(b) He always makes small talk during a duel.
(c) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(d) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
5. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(b) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(c) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(d) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
2. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
3. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
4. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
5. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
2. What bothers Brigham about the English officer named Standish? Why does he join the game where Standish is playing a game of dice? What does Brigham do, and why?
3. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
4. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
5. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
6. What does Brigham think is wrong with the battleground at Drumossie Moor?
7. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
8. After he returns to London, how does Brigham how does he feel about home? What else does he realize?
9. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
10. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)