|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(b) She divorces him.
(c) She throws him out on his ear.
(d) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
2. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She says good riddance.
(b) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
(c) She cries from a broken heart.
(d) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
3. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(b) Prince Charles.
4. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(b) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(c) That he never loves another but her.
(d) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
5. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(b) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(c) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(d) He always makes small talk during a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
2. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
3. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
4. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
5. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
2. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
3. What happens when five dragoons find Serena and the rest hiding in the cave?
4. When Serena and the rest of the family arrive in Edinburgh, what does Brigham do? What happens as a result of it?
5. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
6. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
7. What happens to Brigham and Coll as the battle at Drumossie Moor is lost to the Highlanders?
8. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
9. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
10. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)